• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

jesus.gif

Has has had a torridly divisive time at Benfica, did a good one at Flamengo.

Both teams are completely different levels to Arsenal, though. This same rumor popped up before Jesus rejoined Benfica.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

TornadoTed

Established Member
Potter strikes me as a manager best suited for the lower teams
I like Potter, it would be a gamble for sure but every team he has managed play good football, press well and are comfortable with different formations and tactics. The stats seem to back up the eye test too and show that the quality of players is pulling Brighton down. If he came here and could perform the same but with better players I feel he could challenge the top 4.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I like Potter, it would be a gamble for sure but every team he has managed play good football, press well and are comfortable with different formations and tactics. The stats seem to back up the eye test too and show that the quality of players is pulling Brighton down. If he came here and could perform the same but with better players I feel he could challenge the top 4.

Dont think Potter would be a gamble at all.

Think he is already a better manager than most in the league, with only Pep, Klopp, Rangnick, Conte and Tuchel better and/or more experienced.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would be ideal but unfortunately Ten Hag's own ambition would be to join a bigger and better club.

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm not so sure.

Look at the level of support Arteta has had. Free reign to cut players he wants, bring in players he wants whilst being backed with massive funds and seemingly not much pressure to deliver straight away. I'd think its a very desirable position for a manager to be in. The squad is loaded with young talent as well.

It's not like Sp**s for example where the manager will get no money and levy breathing down his neck.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If Ten Haag goes to Utd and Rangnick does his two year stint, do we look at Overmars to help select the next manager and take over as DoF. Edu and Arteta are both problems imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Arteta does fail would anyone be keen on Vieira?

Watch as many Palace games as I do Arsenal because of family commitments and they’re so fun to watch.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Arteta does fail would anyone be keen on Vieira?

Watch as many Palace games as I do Arsenal because of family commitments and they’re so fun to watch.

I wouldn't risk it, even with how great it sounds having him in the dugout. Absolutely love the guy and the thought of a legend like that coming back and failing would be devastating. I'd turn into a pure Athletic shill if he ever got the job :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Potter is one of those where you don't put a massive amount of importance on league position. You can see he's a manager.

Pretty much in the Eddie Howe mould, if better. They can only over perform at clubs like Brighton or Bournemouth for so long before reality hits. Doesn't make them poor managers.

Top Bottom