• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Potter seems the obvious one. One thing that's a slight warning sign to me is that he really favors a wingback setup, usually with some variation of 3 cm's and 2 forwards. Tbh I don't know how well that suits our current squad seeing we don't have any clear cut wing backs and Saka, ESR and Martinelli all favors/work best as wingers which his setup doesn't have. It's not adapting tactics to his squad either, he favored the same setup in Sweden with Östersund. There's also the slight red flag on experience. He's not that experienced to be honest and certainly in dealing with so called stars.

Christophe Galtier is one I'd look at. He has plenty of experience and pedigree and is tactically versatile. Knows how to win and isn't reliant on any big fee signings. He took over relegation threatened St Etienne in December 2009 after being assistant coach to the then fired Alain Perrin.
  • Kept them up in the first season
  • Finished top 10 in the consecutive 7 seasons, 4 of which was European places
  • Ended a 32 year long trophy draught, wining the Coupe de la Ligue in 2013
Left St Etienne after the 16/17 season being at that moment the currently longest serving coach in the league and was appointed as manager of 18th placed Lille in December -17.
  • Kept Lille up with a 17th placed finished in the 17/18 season
  • 2nd after PSG in 18/19
  • 4th in 19/20
  • Won the league in 20/21
Two days after winning the league title, he resigned as manager, stating: "I simply have the deep belief that my time is up here.". Signed as manager for Nice, who'd finished 9th in 20/21

Nice is currently 2nd in Ligue 1 (though Marseille have a game in hand).
Superb write up Sebastes.

Galtier looks a really excellent coach.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Was going to post that in the Arteta thread.

While it’s a bit of a scrappy team goal, it does show that Arteta being able to get a few decent moves going doesn’t make him some sort of prodigy.

And this is with players like Joel Ward being instrumental. McArthur and Milivojevic who spent the last most of their Palace careers playing counter-attacking football. It's not like Vieira has been given hundreds of millions to get his own players in in order to do this.

Makavelii

Can someone explain to me why Graham Potter is so highly rated?

Isn't he just a bottom-mid table manager? I don't understand what he's done to beat Ten Hag in the poll.
Ten Hag seems like the most likely next Klopp and this guy seems... average? Unless I'm missing something.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Can someone explain to me why Graham Potter is so highly rated?

Isn't he just a bottom-mid table manager? I don't understand what he's done to beat Ten Hag in the poll.
Ten Hag seems like the most likely next Klopp and this guy seems... average? Unless I'm missing something.

This is why I believe Potter is superior to Ten Hag, and the third best manager in the league right now, even ahead of Tuchel.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom