• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster

I do think that even if Arteta finishes 4th, if Ten Hag is available then he's the one we should be ruthless for - thank Arteta for his service and try to continue building. I wouldn't do that for the other possible managerial options but I think this guy might be a bit special.

I guess with the Rangnick links that Man United will be favourites though unfortunately.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I do think that even if Arteta finishes 4th, if Ten Hag is available then he's the one we should be ruthless for - thank Arteta for his service and try to continue building. I wouldn't do that for the other possible managerial options but I think this guy might be a bit special.

I guess with the Rangnick links that Man United will be favourites though unfortunately.
Man utd is going for Poch. Or at least I hope they do.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I've been saying we need Ten Hag for a long time now. He's doing something really special at Ajax.

Unfortunately I think our owners are invested in Arteta for the long haul, no matter if we finish 4th or 7th this season. Let's hope no other English club gets him in.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He didn't do much for the Socceroos unfortunately sorry, if there is a reason everyone seems to want him here then what is the reason?
International football is a joke; how can you compete against top nations when your side is made up of players in league 1. Although he still won their first trophy; Asian cup.

He wins everywhere he has managed, plays highly intense and attractive football, excellent at recruitment, has a clear philosophy that he follows to a tee and is a relatively down to earth guy that doesn't have problems with managing players. But I don't want him at arsenal now, needs a few more years in Europe to show he can be successful.

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

We will loss him like we did with Klopp, in this case, in order to favour a boring defensive manager, but probably not better than young Mourinho.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

International football is a joke; how can you compete against top nations when your side is made up of players in league 1. Although he still won their first trophy; Asian cup.

He wins everywhere he has managed, plays highly intense and attractive football, excellent at recruitment, has a clear philosophy that he follows to a tee and is a relatively down to earth guy that doesn't have problems with managing players. But I don't want him at arsenal now, needs a few more years in Europe to show he can be successful.
Ok fair enough I see your point, it's been a while since he's managed the Socceroos, if he plays good attacking football then I woudn't be against him. I prefer playing attacking football then too defensive & boring.

Regarding the Socceroos, yeah for sure we won't be at the top 10 nations in the world but any reason we won't be able to get to the knockouts of the WC haha?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Ok fair enough I see your point, it's been a while since he's managed the Socceroos, if he plays good attacking football then I woudn't be against him. I prefer playing attacking football then too defensive & boring.

Regarding the Socceroos, yeah for sure we won't be at the top 10 nations in the world but any reason we won't be able to get to the knockouts of the WC haha?
Because they seriously had most of their players in league 1/china/korea apart from 2-3. Squads like that dont get through in the group of death against Netherlands, Spain and Chile. Remember Spain didn't get through either. Furthermore the style he wants to play requires a level of technical ability that isn't suited to players at that level when coming up against elite teams. At club level he can recruit players to suit his style but he is constrained in international football.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom