• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Mbappe is leaving and PSG are pursuing a rebuild job, I could see why they would want Mikel "The Solution" Arteta tbh.

His process will get them right back up there in 3/4 years. PSG can actually afford the win CL within 3 years package as well, so might not take him as long over there.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't want Tite but it does make sense to be looking at back up options just in case PSG or whoever come in for Arteta. Not that I think that's a strong possibility.

Typical Edu to be lining up one of his mates though 😁

I called this out two or three times already, it's such an obvious move by Edu to do this. But people never listen.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Tite story doesn't make sense at all. He doesn't even speak English it seems
No way we are going through something like that again after the communication issues unai had. This might be for some other role which edu might be helping to get though

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Brazilian media keep reporting edu want him in 2023 in case Arteta leave after his contract expires.

To me even its coming from reliable papers but currently i call it BS and edu need to wake up or Josh just need to get rid of him because so far he terrible with targeting plsyers and not managers.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tite story doesn't make sense at all. He doesn't even speak English it seems
No way we are going through something like that again after the communication issues unai had. This might be for some other role which edu might be helping to get though

He likes to speak a lot and likes working closely with players. He's a motivational kind of guy, so it's strange that we would be after him due to anything other than lazyness.

He's also leaving the National team after the WC and not before, so it doesn't make any sense on the aspect as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

No way is Arteta suited to the PSG job. Auba is probably Roy Keane levels of commitment and work rate compared to most of that lot.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Mbappe is leaving and PSG are pursuing a rebuild job, I could see why they would want Mikel "The Solution" Arteta tbh.

His process will get them right back up there in 3/4 years. PSG can actually afford the win CL within 3 years package as well, so might not take him as long over there.
Would they put up with being 8th twice? o_O

Pyres7

What if he’s going to PSG 🤐
Arteta paying off all those contracts...
freebies%202.gif

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Or Spain.. He never got a call up as a player. He would jump at such an opportunity
Naaaah, You reckon? he needs to stay at club level man. Despite what I think of him, being at NT level would be a waste of his coaching and set up ability.

I think with his ambitious nature he has one eye on PSG/City, as I find it hard to believe the club hasn't been trying to extend him behind the scenes off the back of his work this season. If he's the one saying "lets talk in summer I want to concentrate on top 4", I actually wouldn't be surprised.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not worried about Arteta leaving at this stage. You can rate him or not as a manager but he's clearly an intelligent and focused person.

He's in his first managerial job and he's reached the status of being the power man and decision maker at the club. That's a rarity at a big club.

Now he has the power he'll want to exploit it for the next couple of years and imprint his vision on the club. He'd be silly not to. The way PSG are he'd never have they level of authority, particularly not as still pretty much a novice.

If in 2-3 years time he's got us consistently top 4, maybe pushing for title every now and then and picking up the odd cup, his stock will be high, big clubs will be sniffing around him and he'll probably say 'Job done' in terms of his aims at Arsenal and move on.

To put it bluntly we're the club he builds his reputation at before moving on to an elite club. That reputation still needs quite a bit of work yet. He's doing well currently of course but we have to remember he's barely 6 months removed from nearly losing his job. His reputation as one of the up and coming young managers is far from set in stone yet.

Arteta and Arsenal is a marriage of convenience and we shouldn't be blind to that as fans ( He's not going to be building a 20 year plus dynasty like Arsène) but I don't think it's in either sides interest to end it anytime soon.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Arteta only jumps ship once he has assurances on his position and that he will have complete control. City is his likely destination as well.

That's not happening for another season or two at least. Arteta has done well in rebuilding his name, but he isnt over that line yet. People who love him should start worrying once we start going deep into the Champions League, and actually challenge Liverpool and City for the title.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom