• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managerial Changes

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Must admit I am worried Leeds might move for Corberan, who is doing wonders at Town. He worked under Bielsa previously....

BBC also mentioning Corberan as a possible successor. Hopefully, he'll turn them down with Town doing so well....

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Might as well see it through with them.

Sceptical someone like Jesse Lasso is going to come in and save them.

I don't think anyone's saving them tbh. Their squad is championship level bar Raphina, Bamford and Phillips and two of them haven't played recently at all and I've no idea when they're back. This is just the club panicking. If they get relegated there's no chance they'll be back up anytime soon.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think anyone's saving them tbh. Their squad is championship level bar Raphina, Bamford and Phillips and two of them haven't played recently at all and I've no idea when they're back. This is just the club panicking. If they get relegated there's no chance they'll be back up anytime soon.

Didn’t actually realise they’re only two points off the drop now. Yeah they’re done.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Should have left when they got hit by 6 against Liverpool. It would have been perfect as Sp**s would have had to face a tricky test against a team with that new manager bounce.

Kav

Established Member
It’s a shame about Bielsa and Leeds. I am of the view that he would have turned it around. They may do so because they are honestly a better team than Brentford, Watford, Norwich, burnley and Newcastle.

Now they may just end up getting relegated.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Shocked they've actually sacked Bielsa, turned that club around. If they hadn't had a load of injuries they're probably sitting comfortably in the top 10 right now.

Can't see anyone coming in and doing anything with the options they have available right now. It's a Championship squad at present.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Shocked they've actually sacked Bielsa, turned that club around. If they hadn't had a load of injuries they're probably sitting comfortably in the top 10 right now.

Can't see anyone coming in and doing anything with the options they have available right now. It's a Championship squad at present.
Think more down about him being stubborn and not making tactics changes than having everyone fit even if they had Bamford Cooper and Phillips fit it won't stop them concede 3 goals a game. The system is unsustainable long term.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think more down about him being stubborn and not making tactics changes than having everyone fit even if they had Bamford Cooper and Phillips fit it won't stop them concede 3 goals a game. The system is unsustainable long term.

They weren't conceding 3 goals a game when everyone was fit though. The drop off from someone like Phillips to Forshaw is absolutely huge and they've had no recognised striker for months now.

Barring a few very good players that is a Championship squad and he's had most of them playing to a level they shouldn't have been at for years now.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Really sad to see him sacked. Class person and got Leeds to do great stuff.

Agree with @AberGooner here too, big drop-off in quality from starters and reserves, and you have to consider it's not just losing Bamford, Cooper and Phillips either. They've literally had to play so many academy players this season and had none of the postponements other teams had while they went up against largely unimpacted teams during the height of their injury-covid crisis. All season without Bamford makes it's toll as well. You can survive on Raphinha's brilliance for a while, but at some point the fringe players jumping in will show their level.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Really sad to see him sacked. Class person and got Leeds to do great stuff.

Agree with @AberGooner here too, big drop-off in quality from starters and reserves, and you have to consider it's not just losing Bamford, Cooper and Phillips either. They've literally had to play so many academy players this season and had none of the postponements other teams had while they went up against largely unimpacted teams during the height of their injury-covid crisis. All season without Bamford makes it's toll as well. You can survive on Raphinha's brilliance for a while, but at some point the fringe players jumping in will show their level.

The only thing he could have done differently is maybe focus more on making them harder to beat but if he's never played like that in his career why would he change it now? You'd be asking a squad to all of a sudden play a different way to what they've been used to for however many years now as well.

I'm pretty sure all the academy lads will be training to play that way as well in order to be ready to step into the first team.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
The only thing he could have done differently is maybe focus more on making them harder to beat but if he's never played like that in his career why would he change it now? You'd be asking a squad to all of a sudden play a different way to what they've been used to for however many years now as well.

I'm pretty sure all the academy lads will be training to play that way as well in order to be ready to step into the first team.
Yeah, that's where I agree with @yousif_arteta that stubborness does play a part, but it's just as much just his identity by now. His teams are set up in a certain way and I think he would've kept them up he had gotten the trust. Don't think this was the right decision, even if they stay up still as their fixtures are easing up now.

Suppose it depends on who they get in to replace.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm going to call it, Norwich, Leeds and Brentford to go down, the latter two are in complete freefall. I think Hodgson and Dyche will have too much nouse for the rest of those clubs at the bottom. Watford have some tough away fixtures but also Everton, Burnley, Brentford and Leeds at home.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom