• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Managerial Changes

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

This is going to be quite a tricky job for Vieira, I doubt he can match up to what Hodgson did turning them from a side fighting relegation to a solid mid-table outfit. Because due to their ceiling you'd imagine their limit is about 10th at best and even then there's a lot of competition these days to finish top half. So if he's hovering around 15th or so Palace fans might start getting unhappy especially if the football isn't the best. I can't see Vieira really doing much to enhance his reputation tbh.

That said knowing how we work even doing a remotely competent job might be enough for him to get the Arsenal gig.
Gonna be honest here.

Avoiding relegation would be a success. **** mission. All the best, though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The boards that run these clubs are so insensitive to the fanbase man.

Rafa is also a bit of a d*ck for constantly taking these kind of positions also - it's a sobering realisation that it's just a job to a lot of these people in the game.
Eh it’s all fickle though, if Rafa won them an FA Cup or Europa and got them into the CL or top 4 they’d all love him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Eh it’s all fickle though, if Rafa won them an FA Cup or Europa and got them into the CL or top 4 they’d all love him.
Yeah but he'd have to go ona miraculous run to achieve that. When there's already so much bad blood you're afforded less wiggle room.

Take our Arteta for instance, former player and took over a bad situation he was afforded far more grace period than Mourinho would if he came and did the exact same things.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah but he'd have to go ona miraculous run to achieve that. When there's already so much bad blood you're afforded less wiggle room.

Take our Arteta for instance, former player and took over a bad situation he was afforded far more grace period than Mourinho would if he came and did the exact same things.
You don’t even need to use Mourinho we had Emery before that never got cut the slack or excuses Arteta has. The bloggers and journalists couldn’t wait to turn on Emery.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Gonna be honest here.

Avoiding relegation would be a success. **** mission. All the best, though.
True, but it will be exciting to see him try. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
If They do badly, no one will blame him too much because the club he's taken over is a royal mess, and if he does well enough, he'll be hailed as the man with the makings of a great manager.

Can't wait.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
True, but it will be exciting to see him try. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
If They do badly, no one will blame him too much because the club he's taken over is a royal mess, and if he does well enough, he'll be hailed as the man with the makings of a great manager.

Can't wait.
CP's fan forum is showing a lot of respect for this signing, and they are enjoying the interest shown by the media

I suppose Vieira is rather a glamorous figure after Roy - the players, those that are left anyway, will be excited, I imagine

will we end up being jealous come Christmas?

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Being serious though, hope nothing but the best for Paddy...if I could pick any former player to manager us it would be him.

...was a privilege to watch him as a player.
He truly was special. One of a kind. Still gets to me when people suggests players like Gerrard, Scholes and Lampard were at his level. Only Keane was close.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe this was over 15 years ago now, time flies, want him to do well at Palace so badly...

...perfect day, miss when this was Arsenal.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Can't believe this was over 15 years ago now, time flies, want him to do well at Palace so badly...

...perfect day, miss when this was Arsenal.
Crystal Palace Press Conference. 🎤

Patrick Vieira :- I am very excited at having been given this opportunity of managing Crystal Palace. I would like to reveal my Staff.

First Team Manager :- Patrick Vieira.

Assistant Manager :- Roy Keane.

Goalkeeper Coach :- Peter Schmeichel.

Defensive Coach :- Martin Keown.

Midfield Coach :- Alf-Inge Haland.

Forwards Coach :- Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Director of Football :- Ian Wright.

This looks like a Happy Camp.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Tottenham, Everton and Crystal Palace making appointments. See that Wolverhampton Wanderers have appointed Portuguese Coach Bruno Large. Seems to have gone under the radar. 🇵🇹🟧⬛

GDeep™

League is very weak
Love Vieira obviously, but Palace is the hardest job in the league ffs. He’s in a war straight away there. Will do well to survive a season I think.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

Chris Hughton gone, had to be done unfortunately. They're too good to be bottom of the league. Looks like Chris Wilder is the favourite to replace him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Chris Hughton gone, had to be done unfortunately. They're too good to be bottom of the league. Looks like Chris Wilder is the favourite to replace him.

Thought Hughton would do well there when he got appointed. Nobody seems to be able to get any sort of progress with them. Think Billy Davies years ago was the last time they where in the play-offs. It's about time they were back in the PL.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Thought Hughton would do well there when he got appointed. Nobody seems to be able to get any sort of progress with them. Think Billy Davies years ago was the last time they where in the play-offs. It's about time they were back in the PL.
They were in a play-off place on the final day of 19/20 and bottled it, then they signed 17 players that summer. Terribly managed club that should be doing a lot better with the squad they have.

Let's play Aubamawang

The irony is that my Forest supporting mates have been trying to wind me up with memes about us being bottom of the league, when their situation is even worse.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom