• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

Going through the Blueemoon. You could see their fans are scared ****less of us :lol:
They want Pep to play a double pivot of Rodri and fernandinho :lol:

Last 2 games vs City.

1) City 20 to Arsenals 3 attempts on target. We lost 3 nil. Yes we were down to 10 men for the most part.

2) City 16 to Arsenal 4 attempts on target. 2-0 to Arsenal.

Of course they must be worried. I do not see Arteta changing the system for this game. He will keep it tight and concentrate more on getting the combinations right when we progress into the opponents half.

................................ Leno

....... Rob ............. ...Luis..............Gabriel

Hector........................................................Niles

.....................Ceballos.........Xhaka........................

....Willian.....................Laca.........................Auba....

Based on results and game management , I expect Pepe to come in at some stage since he has been very influential from the bench. Partey will also get some time if we get a score which requires conserving.

Game management is key.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So 3 at the back?
I cant really pick a team for this
- Does Tierney start or are we playing kola again
- Who starts in those two CB positions between Gabriel/Luiz and Holding
- Bellerin and AMN as our wingbacks seem nailed on for me
- I think Partey needs to start but who will work best with him I'm not sure
- Front 3 will be Auba - Laca - Willian imo, if we are playing 3 at the back then we are relying on Auba to hit them on the counter, Laca for his holdup and defensive play and Willian brings experience and technically good.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Last 2 games vs City.

1) City 20 to Arsenals 3 attempts on target. We lost 3 nil. Yes we were down to 10 men for the most part.

2) City 16 to Arsenal 4 attempts on target. 2-0 to Arsenal.

Of course they must be worried. I do not see Arteta changing the system for this game. He will keep it tight and concentrate more on getting the combinations right when we progress into the opponents half.

................................ Leno

....... Rob ............. ...Luis..............Gabriel

Hector........................................................Niles

.....................Ceballos.........Xhaka........................

....Willian.....................Laca.........................Auba....

Based on results and game management , I expect Pepe to come in at some stage since he has been very influential from the bench. Partey will also get some time if we get a score which requires conserving.

Game management is key.
I agree with what you said except about Pepe. The guy needs to start. He's very good for us especially in the big games. We need energy. Willian looked as if he was running on quicksand against Liverpool.

WiscoGooner8

I’ve mentally prepared to see Partey either on the bench or not in the squad at all. I can see the argument for it (what kind of message does it send etc), but we need to be more focused on results. Partey with 1-2 training sessions with the squad is way more effective than Xhaka or Elsideways. We need his athleticism and skill against a side like City. If the gap between him and our current midfielders was closer I could see bringing him in slowly, but he needs to start from the get go.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dont want Kolasinac anywhere near the team. If KT is unavailable, maybe we could go with a more orthodox 343, with Saka as a more traditional LWB.

If KT isn't available, I'd go:

-----------------Leno-------------
--Holding---Luiz---Gabriel
Bellerin--Partey--Xhaka--Saka
-----Pepe-----Auba------Willian

If KT is available, I'd be tempted to play a back 4 with Ceballos and KT coming in for Holding and Saka.

Pepe must play. We have to get him in 1v1 against Mendy.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He is a crucial player for our squad so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start, imo he does need to start aswell.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It'll be either -

Leno
Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
Bellerin - Partey - Xhaka - AMN
Pepe - Auba - Willian

or...

Leno
Luiz - Gabriel - Kola
Bellerin - Elneny - Xhaka - AMN
Willian - Laca - Auba
Ultimate excitement or ultimate disapointment.

Finesse

I agree with what you said except about Pepe. The guy needs to start. He's very good for us especially in the big games. We need energy. Willian looked as if he was running on quicksand against Liverpool.

I would start Pepe and Partey. I was trying to get into Arteta's mind to predict his team.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I have said all along he will play vs City. He's fit and been playing regularly. Yesterday I posted Arteta will see how training goes Thur/Fri then decide. Now I read your link and Arteta says exactly that. I don't get why people expect him not to play? He's an experienced pro, he'll be raring to play, especially vs City! I've even put him in my Sky Fantasy team :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t see partey starting. Going by Artetas nature he seem like a very cautious manager

daron christie

We should of bought another CB ...we need to go a flat four at the back and play 433 but the only CB I trust in a back four is Gabby all the other 7 yes 7 are a red card or mistake waiting to happen

in the midfield I’d like to see
Mo Thomas Dani
with Mo and Thomas in the team Dani with have the freedom to roam and break the line

billyf

It would be a massive risk to start Partey in this. He is not part of the squad yet, he has very few training sessions with his teammates. The game after M.City or the one against Leicester is more appropriate in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom