• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
:lol:

That’s a small time mentality.

I’m not sure if you watched City against Leicester and Leeds but they looked dreadful. Ake, Fernandinho and Mendy plus Sterling playing as a 9 :facepalm: we have to go for the 3 points here just like we’ll have to do the same against Man Utd at Old Trafford in a few weeks. I’ll be disappointed with a point in either game.

We show these teams too much respect when we go away from home that’s why our recent record has been terrible.

Edit: Even that midfield of Rodri, B.Silva, Foden, Torres etc looks a bit lightweight to me. They’ve got quality but not really convinced by their team without KDB.
Exactly this. Huge opportunity for us. No shackles, lets go for it right from the off. An early goal for us & then I want to see this killer instinct Arteta has spoken about. Can’t remember being this confident in beating City for years. We should be beating that side.

AmsterdamGunner

I hope we play like we did the last 20 minutes or so against Sheffield United.

Auba as central forward
Pepe on the right
Saka on the left and interchanging with Willian as central attacking midfielder
Partey and Elneny as holding midfielders. Ceballos and Xhaka as subs options.
Four at the back

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm not as confident as others, I mean City are nowhere near the force they were a couple of years ago but they've still got the quality to really put teams to the sword. A draw would be a good result here imo, a win is achievable but I think it's not as likely as many would think. City still have the capability of dominating teams and it'll require total discipline from us. Then you think which Luiz will turn up, the one from the league game vs City last season or the one from the cup game? Also will be a different test for Gabriel against Aguero should he start.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm not as confident as others, I mean City are nowhere near the force they were a couple of years ago but they've still got the quality to really put teams to the sword. A draw would be a good result here imo, a win is achievable but I think it's not as likely as many would think. City still have the capability of dominating teams and it'll require total discipline from us. Then you think which Luiz will turn up, the one from the league game vs City last season or the one from the cup game? Also will be a different test for Gabriel against Aguero should he start.

Watching our games this season we give the other team way too much possession and chances to get at our defence/counter attack. Some of the teams we beat don't have the ability to proper take advantage of that and you saw at Liverpool what happens when you give elite players those opportunities.

I think City are beatable, but we're way more beatable if that makes sense. I hope we beat them but if we lose it's expected tbh.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Watching our games this season we give the other team way too much possession and chances to get at our defence/counter attack. Some of the teams we beat don't have the ability to proper take advantage of that and you saw at Liverpool what happens when you give elite players those opportunities.

I think City are beatable, but we're way more beatable if that makes sense. I hope we beat them but if we lose it's expected tbh.

That's the thing City are still a better team than us, we still give up way too many chances, we still have creativity issues at times. I'd like to think that Partey can help in a lot of ways, that's if he even starts today, but he alone doesn't get rid of the issues evident in recent times.

If City are on it and we give the same chances we gave to the likes of West Ham, then we'll be punished make no mistake about it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
City are still City. Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Aguero and Torres all available for attacking areas.

They are a threat, why would we go into the game in a different way to Leicester? Some people like @Troopz say really stupid things sometimes.

You watch Leicester play a 343 and ruin Man City on the break. But we should go right at them and leave ourselves exposed? Hmm.

Reason we haven't won away from home against a big side since 2015 is because we were always too gung ho. Hence the 6-0/5-1 drubbings on a consistent basis.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
AMN and Thomas Partey either side of Xhaka when we’re overloading the midfield is going to be fantastic.

I think their athleticism is going to hide how poor Xhaka is off the ball. Got a feeling we’ll overpower that City midfield if we go with AMN, Xhaka and Partey.

Watch Xhaka ignore both and pass it back to Luiz or Gabi for the hoof when pressed.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hard to see where City’s goal will come from, probably Mahrez or Foden. City aren’t the same without a no.9 spearheading their attack.

Sterling is much more threatening coming from the left.

Can’t call the match but more optimistic than I would normally be.

They still always create **** loads of chances. A lot more than us and with a lot more ease. They just haven’t been clinical. Honestly, goal threat isn’t a problem for them and I remain unconvinced of our ability to keep clean sheets away at top 6 sides.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Feel Arteta will be a bit boring again today, I expect Pepe/Partey on the bench, Elneny starting. He'd probably squeeze Mustafi into the squad somehow.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I hope we play like we did the last 20 minutes or so against Sheffield United.

Auba as central forward
Pepe on the right
Saka on the left and interchanging with Willian as central attacking midfielder
Partey and Elneny as holding midfielders. Ceballos and Xhaka as subs options.
Four at the back

I’m with you 100%. We instantly looked a massive threat with Auba back in his best position. I hate watching him chasing full backs towards our own goal and seeing Laca / Eddie fumble around up top.

On the point of chasing full backs, this is why I’d have Saka left instead of Willian. Walker will burn the latter. Pepe on the other side will draw mistakes from Mendy.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

City are still City. Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Aguero and Torres all available for attacking areas.

They are a threat, why would we go into the game in a different way to Leicester? Some people like @Troopz say really stupid things sometimes.

You watch Leicester play a 343 and ruin Man City on the break. But we should go right at them and leave ourselves exposed? Hmm.

Reason we haven't won away from home against a big side since 2015 is because we were always too gung ho. Hence the 6-0/5-1 drubbings on a consistent basis.

Harvey Barnes = Saka. Jamie Vardy = Aubameyang. Those two had a field day running into space in behind and if we play our two in a similar position, they will too.

We need speed.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Loool who’s the negative Nancy now?
Positive transfer merchant you are.

Obviously city still have quality all over the pitch, they have one of the best squads ever assembled in football. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go for it, look how Leeds & Leicester took the game to them, we should not only set out to attack from the first minute we should be aiming to utterly humiliate them destroying their confidence for the next run of games.

4-1 to the Arsenal. Come on lads lets smash these plastic pretenders

Wryer

William was bought for these games. Let's see if this pays out. Fully expect him to start. Might come Abit too soon for Partey. Rather we ease him in than to attract unnecessary pressure.

Auba Laca William
Tierney Xhaka Ceballos Bellerin
Gabriel Luiz Holding

idan

Not confident at all.
We need to start play some proper football with proper midfield.

If Tierney can play, i would go with the following formation:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Partey
Pepe Willian Saka
Auba
i think Arteta will go with:
Leno
Bellerin Holding Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Ceballos
Willian Auba Saka

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Wow its finally game day, feels like a solid month since the last.

say yes

forum master baiter
Feel Arteta will be a bit boring again today, I expect Pepe/Partey on the bench, Elneny starting. He'd probably squeeze Mustafi into the squad somehow.
I’m hopeful on Partey but definitely expecting Pepe to be benched for Willian. Pepe was really unlucky that the international break came when it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom