• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Kolasinac in

807o.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How many days will our players have before this? Partey won’t have much time with Arteta or teammates, starts on the bench?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Id be tempted to play Partey but we need to ensure he is ready - I know people say he is a top player and shouldn't need time and should be thrown straight in but that does worry me a bit, however, If Mikel deems him ready then I am all for it.

We need to ensure we attack them full force and use our speed like Leicester did.

My preferred lineup:

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel AMN
Elneny Ceballos Partey
Pepe Auba Saka​

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
How many days will our players have before this? Partey won’t have much time with Arteta or teammates, starts on the bench?
Partey is playing on Monday October 12, so he could have Wednesday/Thursday/Friday at least. Leno, Pepe, Ceballos and Xhaka play on Tuesday. Saka, AMN, Kola and Tierney on Wednesday.

Whole group won't be together until Friday.

Jason Jace

This is a
Id be tempted to play Partey but we need to ensure he is ready - I know people say he is a top player and shouldn't need time and should be thrown straight in but that does worry me a bit, however, If Mikel deems him ready then I am all for it.

We need to ensure we attack them full force and use our speed like Leicester did.

My preferred lineup:

Leno
Bellerin Holding Gabriel AMN
Elneny Ceballos Partey
Pepe Auba Saka​
Very Good line up but I will prefer Xhaka in place of Elneny

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This Citeh team are extremely beatable. Dangerous yes, but they give up chances and Ederson has been quite poor for a while now- though nobody seems to have noticed.

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka Ceballos
Willian Laca Auba

Subs: Runarsson, AMN, Holding, Elneny, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah.

I’d love for Saka to start but I fear he won’t through persistence of Laca/Nketiah leading the line. I’m hoping Auba through the middle last week gave Uncle Mikel something to think about though.

Quality starting XI and ammunition on the bench. It would be a huge statement to get our first win away to a top 6 club in donkeys years. An acid test with Partey in there against De Bruyne and Gabriel’s biggest test yet.

Im backing our boys to get a win 2-0. Similar display to the Santi show a few years back.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Dont do the Saliba treatment on Partey. You spent release clause as he can instantly improve us.

He starts.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This Citeh team are extremely beatable. Dangerous yes, but they give up chances and Ederson has been quite poor for a while now- though nobody seems to have noticed.

Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka Ceballos
Willian Laca Auba

Subs: Runarsson, AMN, Holding, Elneny, Saka, Pepe, Nketiah.

I’d love for Saka to start but I fear he won’t through persistence of Laca/Nketiah leading the line. I’m hoping Auba through the middle last week gave Uncle Mikel something to think about though.

Quality starting XI and ammunition on the bench. It would be a huge statement to get our first win away to a top 6 club in donkeys years. An acid test with Partey in there against De Bruyne and Gabriel’s biggest test yet.

Im backing our boys to get a win 2-0. Similar display to the Santi show a few years back.

The one black mark I have against Arteta is this. The gap in movement and finishing at centre forward between Auba and those two is titanic. The gap between Auba and Saka at left wing is minimal. In fact the latter will create more chances with a superior delivery.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
The one black mark I have against Arteta is this. The gap in movement and finishing at centre forward between Auba and those two is titanic. The gap between Auba and Saka at left wing is minimal. In fact the latter will create more chances with a superior delivery.

I agree... but Auba is pretty darn good at cutting in and scoring from the wing too, certainly better than Saka at that.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I agree. I can see Arteta’s thinking as Nketiah and Laca genuinely press quite well, but they both have weaknesses which hinder our attack.

With the signing of Partey, we can push Ceballos further forward and have him more involved in the final third. He’s shown he has a killer pass in him and he’s getting better every week. That could be a happy medium for us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta will be quite conservative I reckon. He's going to go with what has been tried and tested. Within that though there is still an opportunity to be slightly more positive. We will probably play a 3atb:

Leno
Luiz Gabriel Kolasinac
Bellerin Partey Ceballos AMN
Pepe Auba Willian

For me this is the perfect team for an away game at City. We have a pacey attack who can counter. Instead of playing Xhaka with Partey we play Ceballos who can make clever passes into the forwards. Saka is much better than AMN as a footballer but AMN is no slouch and can be used to protect the defensively inept Kolasinac, who we will unfortunately have to play over KT.

We could alternatively play Holding Gabriel Luiz as the back 3 but I think Arteta will go for Kolasinac even though he has been poor in that position.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
My mate gave me 3/1 odds for an Arsenal win or draw here.

Lets see if we can do the business.

tcahill

People are underestimating City here, still a very dangerous team and second best in the league. We'll need to play almost perfectly to get any result. We play like we did at West Ham, Sheffield and most of the Liverpool game we lose this.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree... but Auba is pretty darn good at cutting in and scoring from the wing too, certainly better than Saka at that.

Auba’s pretty darn good at finishing period. Especially in the box. Why limit him to only one type? The bicycle kick against Olympiacos, the one touch near post from Ainsley’s cross against Valencia and many others.

Imagine if we played Thierry Henry on the left wing and Wiltord through the centre just because Henry could bend it with his right better than Pires?

He’s had 4 shots in 3 games this season. Our best striker of the ball, and our most accurate finisher spends most of the game chasing wing backs. He’s scored no less goals through the middle, and his movement there makes us a much bigger threat.

I think Saka can get Sancho numbers of goals and assists from the wing, and we NEED to get the maximum out of our investment in Pepe.

Laca/Eddie should both be a back up solution or impact sub. Neither have the strength or stamina to do 90 minutes anyway.

Last edited:

Tomb Bombadil

People are underestimating City here, still a very dangerous team and second best in the league. We'll need to play almost perfectly to get any result. We play like we did at West Ham, Sheffield and most of the Liverpool game we lose this.
Plus they have some players back and will be more prepared. They had a very short preseason.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nobody who’s aware of our away record against the top 6 over the last 30 games should be thinking any different

Last edited:

mpower2540

Agree, I think they’ll be gunning for us after the FA cup defeat, just like Liverpool were after we beat them. City are still a top side, I’m fairly relaxed about the game tbh, away to the big sides any point is a bonus. Personally I just want us to save our rare away win for Sp**s and Utd. Never win in the league at OT and Sp**s fans are getting gassed about Hoijberg and Mourinho, god I’d love for us to whoop them at their place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom