<

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

44.6%
  2. Draw

28.7%
  3. Manchester City win

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

If we go at them we have a better chance of wininng than if we set up the low block and try to nullify them.

Vanfrothan and SingmeasongSong like this.
  2. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Genuinely puzzling why anyone would want to see a front 3 of Auba, Laca and Willian in a game like this.

3 old limited players who aren't capable of carrying the ball, keeping it, dribbling, etc. There's so many deficiencies in that, it's laughable. Not to mention the gap between them and our flat midfield is massive, there's no connection, no wonder we're incapable of creating regular chances.

Pepe has to absolutely start. Willian looks physically shot in games like these already, I expected him to do more ball carrying and dribbling but so far we have seen none of it and he seems completely isolated on the right in a 343.

Auba up top, no excuses anymore.

LW Saka/Willian depending on the formation. Guess we'll go for 343, so Saka is likely to be LWB, so hope Willian will provide a link between the attackers and midfield.

Leno
    Holding Luiz Gabriel
    Bellerin Partey Ceballos Saka
    Willian
    Pepe Auba

Taurus, Geofranco, DanDare and 6 others like this.
  3. boxerumble

boxerumble Well-Known Member

No chance we are “battering” city. With or without Partey this is a very difficult game where we may get punished if KDB has his usual masterclass against us. If Aguero starts and Sterling is on form, I can see us conceding a penalty. City will have most of the ball and no chance they make the same mistakes they made against Leicester. They need a win so they will be hungry

SA Gunner likes this.
  4. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

The way to hurt City is fairly obvious. Ball over the top. Their weakness is in the spaces behind their full backs so if you think about it, you don’t really need to go at them all game, you just need to be organised and break quickly.

Trilly and Vanfrothan like this.
  5. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Whilst I do see what you are saying, I wouldn't expect us to create many chances whoever we go with - so you would want guys who can take their chances.

Lacazette isn't amazing, but neither is City back four and I imagine he is strong enough to pin their defenders down and make stuff stick. I can't really see any one else doing that.

Think he's been dropped anyways, wouldn't be surprised to see Eddie get the nod and Laca off the bench. Wouldn't be mad at your line up though, I have always been a big advocate of Auba through the middle and can't see why Arteta does not do it.

6. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

If Eddie starts then Arteta deserves the sack.

7. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Big matches/teams, Arteta has always opted for experience over Hale End gang.

If it wasn’t for Laca’s miss against Pool and getting benched against Sheffield Utd I would be pretty sure he starts. He’s did ok last time.

I legit can’t tell.

8. balthazar

balthazar Well-Known Member

man, is international break boring.

9. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Against this City team it would be wise to play Laca or Auba through the middle.

10. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

You make a good case.

Big Poppa likes this.
  11. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Don't see the point in not starting Partey. He's not a young player, and will hopefully be match fit. I'd understand if he was a defender.

12. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

From the blue moon pre-match thread
    Isn't it a bit rich for them to call us 'small time' :lol:

asukru, SA Gunner, Nenad and 2 others like this.
  13. Goonger

Goonger Well-Known Member

I think Arteta will be conservative, & stick with his 343 formation, but taking what you said I'd be tempted to tweak it to get the pace up top like you said & play something like a 352 with Auba & Pepe being the 2 & playing in the half spaces between Centre back & full back to cause them issues & make them turn.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Big Poppa likes this.
  14. GunnerShy

GunnerShy Well-Known Member

I'll make a couple of assumptions 1) Tierney becomes available. 2) nobody else in injured in international duty.

3-4-3
    Holding Luiz Tierney
    Bellerin Xhaka Party AMN
    Willian Laca Auba

That's my guess. But who knows if Party will start. For more invention and penetration I'd like to see Ceballos for Xhaka and Pepe for Willian.
    I'd also like to see Gabriel start but Tierney plays that hybrid LB/LCB role so well. No idea how Gabriel would go in it if Tierney can't play.

15. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

"hate arsenal and their coach. hope we smash them. jammy team. long ball merchants."

Think the true definition of a "jammy team" is...a team that doesn't do anything in the Premiership era except survive relegation or get relegated, until some rich **** goes "I want to buy Man United", is then told he can't, then goes "This team is close enough to that name I guess."

Vanfrothan and Oxeki like this.
  16. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Attention Seeker

Leno
    Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
    Elneny
    Xhaka Partey
    Ceballos
    Pepe Lacazette

17. Riou

Riou Non-Stop Nostalgia

Reyes’ last goal for Arsenal...

...brilliant little player.

18. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

No width?

Gunner boy dd likes this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Would be comfortable with our defensive tactics with a proper keeper like Martinez but Leno gives me zero confidence for 90 minutes of defending.

So its time to swallow it and ditch three at the back system and play 4-2-3-1 and attack them!

Big Poppa likes this.
  20. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Who even watches that crap ?

I mean, okay, Saka's debut or so is understandable in some kind of way, but the rest is just so irrelevant.

Vanfrothan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.