• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonger

I think Arteta will be conservative, & stick with his 343 formation, but taking what you said I'd be tempted to tweak it to get the pace up top like you said & play something like a 352 with Auba & Pepe being the 2 & playing in the half spaces between Centre back & full back to cause them issues & make them turn.

-------------------------Leno---------------------

---------Holding----Luiz----Gabriel--------
--Bellerin-----------------------------Tierney---

------------------------Partey-------------------
------------ Ceballos--------Xhaka----------

-----------------Pepe---------Auba-------------

Uncle Good-Advice

"hate arsenal and their coach. hope we smash them. jammy team. long ball merchants."

Think the true definition of a "jammy team" is...a team that doesn't do anything in the Premiership era except survive relegation or get relegated, until some rich **** goes "I want to buy Man United", is then told he can't, then goes "This team is close enough to that name I guess."
While I don't agree with long ball merchants tag calling us a jammy team is somewhat accurate. Just ask Liverpool or West Ham fans. I'd love to add City fans to that list :)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Im not waiting the 2 weeks between games to not see Partey. Get him in the starting line up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Another wonderful Henry comp, the way he just lifts the ball over Mills' head like Danny is nothing is perfect...

Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Reyes...we have been so blessed, wish we could all could back and enjoy these players even more...as great a time as we all had back then, you feel it was taken slightly for granted...

karryon-cherish-it-adam-sandler-gif.gif

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Hopefully Tierney makes it for the game.

Stick with the 3 at the back formation as it works, and rather focus on bringing the forwards and midfielders closer together. I like what @Furious posted to this effect recently, keeps spaces tight, and gives us that ability to spring into action at the turnover.

Something like...

---------------Leno
------Luiz----Gabby----Tierney
Bellerin---Partey---Ceballos----AMN/Saka
---------------Willian
----------Pepe-------Auba

We can get away with a 2-1 here, as long as we stay ahead.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I expect us to sit back, draw them on to us and do them on the break.

It's easier said than done but if we can nullify their attack we'll create good chances on the break.

I think people are underestimating how woeful City have been defensively this season so far. If we concede no more than one goal I strongly fancy us to pull off the win.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we sit back and they get the first goal we are done. Leeds went at them and created so many chances. If we are brave we could get something here. But Arteta is very cautious manager, specially away from home

Ashybashy86

I'm disgusted Arsenal FC are being called long-ball merchants. This is because of David Luiz. Needs to end soon.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...this victory must have felt so sweet for Arteta, got the better of Pep when it really mattered.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
City really not look that great this start of season against Leicester and Leeds they looked very poor. But all good change if Aguero started and sterling back play LW hopefully Aguero will be on bench.

Makavelii

I'm disgusted Arsenal FC are being called long-ball merchants. This is because of David Luiz. Needs to end soon.
Are you sure it’s not Arteta’s direction?
It would make sense Luiz would take them if Arteta instructed it since he’s our best long range passer at the back.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Expecting 5 at the back and expecting to get pummelled.

We need to put it on City like Leeds and Leicester did.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we sit back and they get the first goal we are done. Leeds went at them and created so many chances. If we are brave we could get something here. But Arteta is very cautious manager, specially away from home

Literally what happened to Leicester when they beat City 5-2 and Sp**s when they beat United 6-1. If we’re done after conceding one goal, we need a serious mental examination

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
City really not look that great this start of season against Leicester and Leeds they looked very poor. But all good change if Aguero started and sterling back play LW hopefully Aguero will be on bench.

Aguero is a game changer. I’m amazed they haven’t signed another striker in the last couple seasons. Just stockpiling attacking mids.

If Gundogan’s back and fully recovered from Covid he’ll be a big boost too.

They look very susceptible in turnovers. Critical we use pace in attack. Saka left, Pepe right, Auba through the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom