<

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Rex Banter, Oct 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

What will the result be?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2020.
  1. Arsenal win

44.6%
  2. Draw

28.7%
  3. Manchester City win

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amigo

amigo Member

If we sit back objectively and look at Arteta's performance in the big games. We've won some drawn some and lost some narrowly. That is expected results of a big team. I feel this game was closer than the Liverpool one - yes we still lost and I'm not happy but it did not look like we could not have gotten something. Let's hope Partey gives us something extra and he can be incorporated quickly.

Vanfrothan and m-due like this.
  2. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

Lets start playing a 4 at the back. We need to get used to it to be a convincing team.

DanDare likes this.
  3. Red London

Red London Anti-Simp Culture Trusted

This wasn't a terrible game from us, I just feel City would have lost or drawn today to other sides.

But I'm really dissapointed we didnt push for a goal at the end, very puzzling.

4. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

We went out there like cowards today. I dont think the players believed they could win. And I still don't understand how you play Willian, Auba and Pepe and not have Auba central. This is madness

Raicore, Tourbillion and Red London like this.
  5. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

If supported by the club and most fans, he would of easily especially last season.

kash2 likes this.
  6. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Good to hear. That's progress at least

7. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Established Member Trusted

I’m all for tactical flexibility but we’re not far from Xhaka up front at this rate of over engineering. Centre forward is an art and at this level it requires a certain pedigree.

8. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Our new fix has gradually become our most restrictive force. We are labouring the playing out of back option. The whole shape is designed to play around that system. We do it at every opportunity. We do not even try to mix it.

Arte ta has brought in so much structure and tactics. But like Pep said before after drilling so much into team structure and formation the most difficult thing is getting them to be free again and be inventive. This is where we are. You can sense the freedom is not there yet. For now is it a shape or structure issue or a player ( new spark to ignite how we progress in the final third )

Sorry Mikel but Willian is not the man to play central or let alone false striker role. Don’t try this again please.

9. Big Poppa

You sure about that?

Vanfrothan, dka91, Symbia and 3 others like this.
  10. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member Trusted

We don't on paper. Our names are bigger but in terms of what the players can actually do, then we have a few that are poorer.

Makingtrax likes this.
  11. 9jagooner

9jagooner Well-Known Member

Sorry...my mistake. My focus was on their forward style of play against City compared to our over-conservative style

12. 9jagooner

Or maybe they are just too restricted?

13. 9jagooner

At 0 - 1, 30 minutes to go, we should have at least come out to try and get a goal. City didn't need to do much to prevent Arsenal from scoring in the second half

Raicore and m-due like this.
  14. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Feel we did play well. Was unlucky on few occasions.

City are better than us. They beat us 1-0. Think that was city's hardest game against us since pep went there.

We created lots of chances. Auba missed a sitter. And also city was up for it as well.

15. Big Poppa

You rarely hear reference to token hiring when someone like Robbie Savage is spouting garbage. A **** pundit is a **** pundit.

littleboysilva likes this.
  16. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

17. Manberg

Manberg Predator

There’s not enough discussion about how we were denied a clear and obvious penalty which could also have been a red card, and VAR didn’t even look at it. Ref was shocking the whole game. City made countless fouls but there was a lack of fouls given and a lack of yellow cards.

18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief Trusted

What's the point? Can't control it

19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

We can make our voices heard. Campbell suggested that it wasn’t given because we weren’t complaining to the referee...

20. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

No AMN no party.

Playing loanees and ageing rejects and has beens. Better to play fearless kids who play for the badge. AMN, Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, Saka

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.