• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

littleboysilva

Don’t tell me Sky are doing that one woman, one black guy, one gay guy combo again?

Have always found this line of thought to be interesting. Even if sky were selecting pundits based on sexual orientation and race instead of qualifications, can you explain why its a bad thing?

Appeals to a wider audience, probably better commercially. Unless you just don't like seeing anything but straight white guys on your tele.

Finesse

I think we showed them too much respect and it came down to Arteta’s tactics. It was exactly the same thing against Liverpool too.

He was obviously scared of the threat that City had but by playing so cautiously ultimately he cost us the three points. The manager has to take the blame for this one.

We were too pragmatic and I don’t get this City or Liverpool excuse. Against Westham it was same. West Ham should have won that with belief. Against Sheffield it was same until we changed shape.

Yes we want to be difficult to beat and I am happy with that. However going forward we are seriously struggling. Again the stats don’t lie. We are languishing in terms of chances created. Partey will not change this. Maybe our shape !

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Hard for Arteta to be more attacking. When the options are Auba, laca, nketiah, pepe and willian.

no combination is good enough.

Auba is obviously a good scorer but an 19 year old Saka is comfortably our best attacking player.

hopefully once partey settles, we can ply Saka wide left Auba central, then one of the chuckle brothers on the right.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can’t quite put it into words. I ain’t got good edamacation, but that Aguero and the lineswoman incident just felt wrong.

Sergio-Aguero-lambasted-for-putting-his-hands-on-the-neck-of-lineswoman-Sian-Massey-1200x813.jpg

So many wrong captions to this.
She didn't over react though, just put her arm on on him. Thought she dealt with it really well. Somebody needs to speak to him though.

say yes

forum master baiter
XG: City 1.46-0.92 Arsenal

One mistake cost us points today.

That’s all that was wrong with today’s performance.
It was a decent performance. Better than normal. As was Liverpool. But the fact is we’ve lost so many of these big away games now that it’s just getting depressing.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We were too pragmatic and I don’t get this City or Liverpool excuse. Against Westham it was same. West Ham should have won that with belief. Against Sheffield it was same until we changed shape.

Yes we want to be difficult to beat and I am happy with that. However going forward we are seriously struggling. Again the stats don’t lie. We are languishing in terms of chances created. Partey will not change this. Maybe our shape !

Yeah think it was only WBA who has created less chances than us, major issue..

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
VAR isn't going to do anything about it. I think this is beyond football and requires people tweeting, emailing or whatever so it becomes an issue.

Funny enough. Sky just touched on the incident, albeit briefly.

She bats Aguero away expertly. The ref starts to walk over and she immediately indicates to him “it’s fine”.

Maybe she has worked with City traders in the past. I have seen some abysmal behaviour in my time.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Auba has to play CF he not going to have same pace he getting older and we just wasting him as LW he done what he could in this position but time to play him as CF.

It also allows us to unleash Saka at LW. He’s much better at dribbling, passing and crossing than Auba. We don’t need him in a wingback role when we have Tierney and Ainsley available.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Have always found this line of thought to be interesting. Even if sky were selecting pundits based on sexual orientation and race instead of qualifications, can you explain why its a bad thing?

Appeals to a wider audience, probably better commercially. Unless you just don't like seeing anything but straight white guys on your tele.
They just started doing it now being my point.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

She didn't over react though, just put her arm on on him. Thought she dealt with it really well. Somebody needs to speak to him though.
I don’t see anything wrong with this.. players put their arms amicably around ref/linesmen shoulders all the time.

let’s not make an issue of this please

TriniGunner

I've yet to see what value Willian adds to this team other than his constant running around. My take-aways from this game:

1. The players' confidence is improving at the back.
2. We're still piss poor at counters
3. Partey should have started as we lost the game from our inability to win the ball in midfield.
4. Auba is ineffective when not scoring
5. Tierney is an excellent football player.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don’t see anything wrong with this.. players put their arms amicably around ref/linesmen shoulders all the time.

It was a trifling incident for sure. But for future reference, she moved his hand away. This is an indicator of a problem, whether it be major or minor.

I might just have saved your career bro :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You give them too much respect. Paper is paper. Your eyes tell you that both teams have been substandard this season. Yet we go there showing them respect. The lack of grit in this team is infuriating. We keep playing the badge instead of the actual team. Watch us go to old Trafford and Stamford bridge and give teams with shocking defences respect.

There is plenty of grit, that is not the problem. The problem is the lack of quality. There is a reason why we play three at the back, it is precisely that lack of quality. Arteta sees his, that is why we play this way. You go 4-2-3-1 toe to toe, and we will get hammered. The squad isn't good enough.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Lol. That ship has sailed bro, try Googling it. :lol:

9jagooner

There is plenty of grit, that is not the problem. The problem is the lack of quality. There is a reason why we play three at the back, it is precisely that lack of quality. Arteta sees his, that is why we play this way. You go 4-2-3-1 toe to toe, and we will get hammered. The squad isn't good enough.
Do we have a poorer squad compared to Leeds and Villa? 2 teams that played Man City and Liverpool toe to toe?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Funny enough. Sky just touched on the incident, albeit briefly.

She bats Aguero away expertly. The ref starts to walk over and she immediately indicates to him “it’s fine”.

Maybe she has worked with City traders in the past. I have seen some abysmal behaviour in my time.
Well it's a start but, however game she might be, it's not up to her to be the final arbitrer of what is acceptable conduct - especially on live tv - or not.

If Aguero isn't done for this it will set back the cause of gender equality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom