• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo

If we sit back objectively and look at Arteta's performance in the big games. We've won some drawn some and lost some narrowly. That is expected results of a big team. I feel this game was closer than the Liverpool one - yes we still lost and I'm not happy but it did not look like we could not have gotten something. Let's hope Partey gives us something extra and he can be incorporated quickly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This wasn't a terrible game from us, I just feel City would have lost or drawn today to other sides.

But I'm really dissapointed we didnt push for a goal at the end, very puzzling.

GoonerJay24

Toothless in attack but the two hardest games on paper are done in the first 5 games.

Can only go up from here.

@Makingtrax Wenger wouldn't be finishing in the top 4 over the past 3 seasons pal get a grip of yourself. ****ing embarrassing with these constant pointless comments.

Our shape for this game was perfect, the way we approached it was perfect and we actually created enough chances to at least draw. Bellend

If supported by the club and most fans, he would of easily especially last season.

Finesse

One thing is clear. Arteta has become what I feared the most with this tactic. Wenger did the same and was like this his last few years. Arteta decided to play with 5 at the back to cover the teams weakness. It was supposed to be temporary thing. But like Wenger he lost himself like this and was constantly obsessed with covering cracks and was constantly reactive instead of being proactive. He has to drop this 5 back defensive mentality. People are deluded if they think you can switch back and forth defensive to offensive football. We saw with West Ham how hard it is for us to have a fluent attacking game. We will drop far more points to lesser teams

Our new fix has gradually become our most restrictive force. We are labouring the playing out of back option. The whole shape is designed to play around that system. We do it at every opportunity. We do not even try to mix it.

Arte ta has brought in so much structure and tactics. But like Pep said before after drilling so much into team structure and formation the most difficult thing is getting them to be free again and be inventive. This is where we are. You can sense the freedom is not there yet. For now is it a shape or structure issue or a player ( new spark to ignite how we progress in the final third )

Sorry Mikel but Willian is not the man to play central or let alone false striker role. Don’t try this again please.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Feel we did play well. Was unlucky on few occasions.

City are better than us. They beat us 1-0. Think that was city's hardest game against us since pep went there.

We created lots of chances. Auba missed a sitter. And also city was up for it as well.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

In order to agree with what you're saying I would have to grant that pundits are indeed being selected by race/gender, which you can't prove.

My problem with this idea is that when I hear this the implication is that these pundits are terrible and wouldnt be in the job if not for their race. Which is usually not based in any fact. All i'm saying is pundits are probably still selected based on their punditry with a slight push for diversity on tv. I don't think its a pressing issue that there less white men on tv.

You rarely hear reference to token hiring when someone like Robbie Savage is spouting garbage. A **** pundit is a **** pundit.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EkjuM66WMAEVrGw

Manberg

Predator
There’s not enough discussion about how we were denied a clear and obvious penalty which could also have been a red card, and VAR didn’t even look at it. Ref was shocking the whole game. City made countless fouls but there was a lack of fouls given and a lack of yellow cards.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

There’s not enough discussion about how we were denied a clear and obvious penalty which could also have been a red card, and VAR didn’t even look at it. Ref was shocking the whole game. City made countless fouls but there was a lack of fouls given and a lack of yellow cards.

What's the point? Can't control it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom