• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

I get bored watching us attack. Pretty much every team in the Prem attacks better than we do. Auba’s goals drying up was inevitable. Feeding on scraps.

Willian as CF spelled disaster from the beginning.

Again this is the opportunity cost of our new found hard to beat accolade. Word on the street is they look solid now , Arteta got them working hard and they defend as a team. Excellent if you ask me. In addition for the very first time we finished a game in Manchester still thinking we were in it and could nick a draw instead of the usual praying for the ref to stop our misery / no need for extra time.

However this alone has been Arteta’s work for all these months. Bringing everyone to shape and line. From the strikers right to defence. 120% as he prescribed. This has taken away inventive freedom. Every chance now looks choreographed and lacking in genuine freedom. Only Saka has the spark and genuine freedom in his decision making. The rest look worried to try or making sure they keep to the scripts.

West Ham and Sheffield United could have gone sideways for most part of the game. This is a genuine assessment. Arteta is still trying to keep the shape and create more. I can see why he brought Willian as the false 9 to bring in Auba and Pepe. I don’t recall him doing any of that all game. Auba taking 6 shots in 5 full games is a worry we must address.

To what extent do we sacrifice structure and shape to become more inventive and create more?

Yes what if we scored from the 2 we created yesterday! Fine , what if they scored from all they created too? We are hanging on chances missed because we are getting used to the fact we don’t create a lot and not because the opponents defence is too good.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
We have a manager in his first full season who has consistently demonstrated that he favours a cautious approach. I think he got aspects of this particular game wrong, but more than happy with Arteta in general at the moment.

Yes Wenger was great, we acknowledge that. But we are here now, so let’s push on and leave the past behind lest it cloud our future.

Happy Sunday! COYG.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
xG is dumb (not Xg)? In fact it's the exact opposite of dumb, it's incredibly smart. It's not just about 'chances', it's about the quality of chances. It gives a manager an idea of how many goals you should be scoring from your play.

If your xG is continually lower than the opposition's, it means you're not getting in good enough positions to score. It also means your odds of winning matches are low.

You put endless posts on here about transfers and how poor Wenger was, but I really don't think you know much about football at all.:lol:

Liverpools xG was much lower than Cities last season wasn't it? Yet they won the league at a canter.

xG is the biggest load of rubbish because so many things can happen within a game of football. So many variables that ultimately make it incredibly pointless. For example if we got a penalty yesterday the xG would've still been in cities favour yet we would've got a positive result. You see what I mean?

It doesn't take a genius to see we have less creativity in the side than City does it? Not sure why xG needs to be spoken about to be honest. Just watch the game with a decent brain.

xG was created with good intentions but the way people harp on about it is embarrassing. I fully expected someone like you to be all for it tho.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The ref have to do something with man city players stop counters by fouling and they shouldn't get away with it it happen many times yesterday and refs just don't book them. It's ridiculous how many times they got away with it.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The ref have to do something with man city players stop counters by fouling and they shouldn't get away with it it happen many times yesterday and refs just don't book them. It's ridiculous how many times they got away with it.

Yeah, I noticed it.

Clearly Guardiola was trying to disrupt our counter attacks with all those tactical fouls, I expect Jose Mourinho to do the same thing when we play against Sp**s.

Arteta clearly needs to fix these tactics as even when we’re kicking the ball long to Aubameyang there are hardly any options further up the pitch. Like I said in one of my other posts, Lacazette came on to play as a midfielder rather than a striker as his positioning towards the end was really deep.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I noticed it.

Clearly Guardiola was trying to disrupt our counter attacks with all those tactical fouls, I expect Jose Mourinho to do the same thing when we play against Sp**s.

Arteta clearly needs to fix these tactics as even when we’re kicking the ball long to Aubameyang there are hardly any options further up the pitch. Like I said in one of my other posts, Lacazette came on to play as a midfielder rather than a striker as his positioning towards the end was really deep.
Yes they stopped us because our players slow in transition unlike Leicester when they destroyed Man city in counters because they have quick players and hard to foul i think with Partey here it'll be more difficult for teams to foul us and we need to put pressure at refs.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s got nothing to do with her being a woman either, she is an official, you don’t put your hands on then
That’s all it should be about. She’s not officiating as ‘the lady Lino for today’ and nobody can say Aguero only did that because she’s a female. Since when did Sharia law make it into the PL?! No hands on the officials, simple.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people surprised at our poor away record against the top 6 since 2015? This has been our toughest period with Wenger coming to an end, and then having 2 new managers. You’re not going away and beating top teams when you’re in transition like this. Add bad investment and squad build to this.

Records like this are only a concern when your club is stable. It will become an issue for Arteta by next season if Arteta doesn’t improve it, given he’s viewed as a top coach and the bulk of the team will be his own.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Why are people surprised at our poor away record against the top 6 since 2015? This has been our toughest period with Wenger coming to an end, and then having 2 new managers. You’re not going away and beating top teams when you’re in transition like this. Add bad investment and squad build to this.

Records like this are only a concern when your club is stable. It will become an issue for Arteta by next season if Arteta doesn’t improve it, given he’s viewed as a top coach and the bulk of the team will be his own.

Quality posting yet again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was just weird what Aguero did.

You should treat both men and women the same, but you should never put your hands on a woman (bar maybe grabbing their hands to stop them if they are trying to hit you or something) not that Aguero hit her or anything, but it was just weird as I say...don't know what he was trying to do.

Pep's defence of him though...

"Sergio is the nicest guy in the world, focus on other situations"

...Pep is such a dodgy gimp :lol:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It’s got nothing to do with her being a woman either, she is an official, you don’t put your hands on then
can't resist butting in, being female myself - I think Wrighty got it right when he called it patronizing rather than intimidating, and rather than being sexual it looked a bit like an unspoken 'come off it dear, what do you know about the rules of football'

so there was a gender element but not punishable, imo, and hopefully the criticism will be a bit of a wake-up call for Aguero and any fellow dinosaurs - of which I'm sure there are many, aren't there, Pep?

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Hard to watch us play nowadays. In a game vs City without fans and without KdB you'd hope we'd take more initiative. Sadly we don't, we look worse than Leeds going here.

Bellerin is a goddamn awful player btw.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ekm4Fc7WkAAO7Re

Pep is a ****ing mad man. Say what you want about him, but how on earth does he come up with something like this? This is why I think people put too much stock in formations and **** like that, ask anyone what formation City play and they'll say 4-3-3 yet look at this and it tells a completely different story.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
It was just weird what Aguero did.

You should treat both men and women the same, but you should never put your hands on a woman (bar maybe grabbing their hands to stop them if they are trying to hit you or something) not that Aguero hit her or anything, but it was just weird as I say...don't know what he was trying to do.

Pep's defence of him though...

"Sergio is the nicest guy in the world, focus on other situations"

...Pep is such a dodgy gimp :lol:

Tbf to him players grab officials all the time, pats on the back etc.

Kysus

My god people are result-oriented clowns, hurts to read.

We win against City, Pool and Chelsea in really tight contests with small margins - > Arteta is the greatest

We lose against Pool and City in similiar games - >We suck, Arteta sucks, We are so far off, way too negative, should create 10 top-class chances, should play like Aston Villa instead, Let's hire Mourinho(I will NOT forget that the majority of the forum wanted that clown)

Manberg

Predator
No my point is those teams approached the game with much healthier attitude than we did. We could have got something if we were braver or we could have lost 2-0 or maybe 3-0 in the end. We will never know because we didn’t give ourselves a chance. Staying in games means you go for it in the end. Staying in the game while losing and not changing much is just weak. I do believe Leicester will finish ahead of us again

As I said you have to look at the whole picture to see we are far too rigid. Shef United and West Ham showed that. We squeezed wins, but as season goes on those type of performances will lead to drop points. Arteta has been here a year now. He should be passed the stabilising things now and actually try to put our mark on games. We may lose some but that approach will win us more games than not. Instead we will play every small team and have close games which can go either way.

I was pleased with our attacking intent in the first half. We pressed City high up the pitch and got at them. Created good chances but should’ve created more. Auba and Pepe were disappointing they were not fluid and broke up attacks. I think we tired in the second half, both teams did.

By the way, Leicester then lost 3-0 to West Ham. I’m glad that’s not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom