• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manchester City vs Arsenal| Saturday 17th October 17:30| Sky Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

“Top top team”

“I was in that dressing room (City) for four years & I know how much it takes for a team to do what we’ve done tonight”

I think he’s showing them too much respect and that interview pretty much proves my point. It’s all good that he worked there and knows the quality of Pep, their team etc but we should go to these grounds and show no fear. The likes of Leicester, Lyon etc went to the Etihad and caused them all sorts of problems.

Arteta showed Liverpool too much respect aswell when we played them at Anfield. If we want results at these grounds then we need to cut this stuff out and not be too cautious.
I agree that we showed them too much respect but Aguero was the game changer. Without him, we possibly win. The issue is that we don't have the players who could have made the difference. A more physical and pacy Willian. Pepe with a decent first touch. Someone other than Saka running from midfield and a functioning right side. Ederson also pulled off two great saves and the penalty wasn't even revised even though Man U got one after a match lol. There was too kuch against us from the start. We were cheap skating delaying the signing of Partey which means we threw two matches.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Maybe his game is not to run faster. Maybe his game is to show up at the right places at the right time. I don't think many of our players are limited. I just think some of them are being asked to do additional things outside their comfort zone.
Auba for example will score more goals if given a freer role compared to the role he currently plays where he has to defend, provide and score in same game.
On Laca, fair point. My point is that he doesn't get ghere fast enough. In one match this season, the commentator said that Saka who was outside the box delayed his cross as he was "waiting for Laca to get in to position". An opportunity was lost. He's limited by his lack of pace as are many in the team. Some are limited by lack of technique and vision, composure and positioning. All these flaws make a difference.

9jagooner

On Laca, fair point. My point is that he doesn't get ghere fast enough. In one match this season, the commentator said that Saka who was outside the box delayed his cross as he was "waiting for Laca to get in to position". An opportunity was lost. He's limited by his lack of pace as are many in the team. Some are limited by lack of technique and vision, composure and positioning. All these flaws make a difference.
I agree. So we either by a "Vardy" who can pass the ball in his box to start a counter in one minute and is in opposition box to finish up the counter next minute, or
We play to Laca's strength

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These stats always feel cherry picked to suit a particular narrative.

Who are the big 6 again?
Why start in January 2015?

It clearly doesn't include cup wins and we've won a few of those.

It also ignores the fact that big team vs big team matches are different than a big team playing a smaller one. In the former, everyone (except our sorry lot) is up for it and goes up a gear. In the latter, lets be fair the bigger sides take their foot off the gas and from time to time a Newcastle or Southampton can sneak a win. In short it doesn't matter how many times Newcastle can fluke a win at the Bridge, what matters is how we do at the Bridge in comparison to other top sides.

I'm not saying our record is remotely acceptable. Just that the above image is clearly a stick to beat us with.

How anyone can defend that record is beyond me. It actually does us a favour by not sure the goal difference and number of clean sheets.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

aj6o25w2bvt51.jpg

Shut down our left side and we got nothing left.

Concerning

Makavelii

On the bright side, we’ve conceded less goals than any other side except one so far this season. This despite playing the max number of games so far.

Maybe Mikel is just prioritising getting our defence in order first before he unleashes our attack.
/dreaming.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why were both Nketiah and Lacazette on the bench? Surely if ones not starting you give yourself more options by having Nelson there?

Mohamed7

It doesn’t have to be sexual or personally offensive to an individual.

That’s her place of work so unless he has a very good reason he shouldn’t be touching her. At all! It’s creepy and inappropriate.

Try putting a friendly hand on the neck of a London Underground staff member next time you’re on it and see what happens.

Nobody should crucify him for it, but hopefully he’s switched on next time.

Oh my god. Seriously what's up with you people. You (generalizing here) cannot demand equality yet get offended by tab on the shoulder. If the lineswoman was a man, no one would have bat an eye on that incident.

He did not hit her. Some players and some officials even slap the back of the players/officials. They got into men's sports, deal with the package.

Mohamed7

City’s defence is better without Laporte. He’s not such a big miss for them, he hasn’t delivered since joining them.

Aside from De Bruyne’s absence that was a full strength Man City team.

We’re missing Holding and Martinelli. Apparently Holding has won every game he played against City. 2 wins out of 2.
Oh my. Laporte has been very consistent and top performer throughout his City career with the exception of a few blunder matches like against Sp**s in the Champions League second leg. Last season, he got some injuries that disrupted his flow, but it was obvious miss.

Mohamed7

I missed the match as I was travelling on that day. But based on the comments and the highlights I watched, it is clear creativity is again the main issue. However, there are many positives to take away from our season thus far, we have recruited well and the team is taking shape. I believe we are Aouar away from a complete starting eleven:

--- Saka ---- Auba --- Pepe

-- Aouar -- Partly --- Xhaka/Ceb

Tierney --- Gabriel -- Holding/Mari -- Bellerin

------------------ Leno ---------------------

The problem is Aouar will not be available in January and in the summer price will be higher considering teams would have recovered from Covid-19 impact, although he will have one year less in his contract. We cannot wait till summer as we are very light in CM positions. Elneny and Willock are not good enough and not ready respectively.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Oh my god. Seriously what's up with you people. You (generalizing here) cannot demand equality yet get offended by tab on the shoulder. If the lineswoman was a man, no one would have bat an eye on that incident.

He did not hit her. Some players and some officials even slap the back of the players/officials. They got into men's sports, deal with the package.
You sir, are a massive bell end

Mohamed7

“Top top team”

“I was in that dressing room (City) for four years & I know how much it takes for a team to do what we’ve done tonight”

I think he’s showing them too much respect and that interview pretty much proves my point. It’s all good that he worked there and knows the quality of Pep, their team etc but we should go to these grounds and show no fear. The likes of Leicester, Lyon etc went to the Etihad and caused them all sorts of problems.

Arteta showed Liverpool too much respect aswell when we played them at Anfield. If we want results at these grounds then we need to cut this stuff out and not be too cautious.
I agree with your view and it is clearly showing on the pitch. We come out afraid of Liverpool and City. In these matches, mentality plays a huge part.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What a fine gentleman you are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom