• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Manchester City 5 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 28th August | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah now that I have some distance it probably was a foul.

As I said before, we did actually look decent before it all went to ****. But as always it went to ****. And we completely collapsed.

Still, Norwich is not just must win, but we need to put in a performance after we go a goal up, if indeed we do.
Yeah in my opinion we had already thrown the game away with our poor defending for their first goal and the minutes after. I really didn’t see people like Mari, Cedric and Chambers pulling their finger out and starting to play well against that City team.

But in isolation it just simply shouldn’t have stood. People will play it down because we were horrendous and deserved the loss, but that’s not what refereeing is about. It’s not about what a team does or doesn’t deserve it’s about the correct call in isolation.

100%, Norwich has to be a comfortable win. For anyone to even have a glimmer of hope. He won’t get sacked for winning unconvincingly but I doubt we do much in the latter games if we can’t comfortably put aside Norwich.

IstraBalagina

Are we really back on the vaccine stuff?

Anyway, i've watched the punch on Chambers' face again before the 2nd goal of City. That's theft in the highest degree. If it was Luiz pulling off that punch he'd be given instant red card without VAR review and banned for 10 games.

What the fvck are the refs business? On whose payroll are they?
That was really baffling

Reactions: Xln

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Let's just take a moment to think about playing City under Arteta. The Luiz sending off and the fa cup semi aside which was small margins and peak Auba. We have played Nketiah up front, Willian as a false 9 and the latest was Xhaka in midfield by himself.

This is what we want to see right. This is his favoured line up?

---------------------Ramsdale
Tomiyasu--White--Gabriel---Tierney
-------------Partey----Lokonga
------Saka--------Ødegaard-----ESR
----------------------Auba

When do you guys think we will see this?

There are too many managers he encounters where he galaxy brains.

Moyes, OGS, Tuchel, Klopp, Pep, Nuno, Rodgers, Potter.

Arteta sees those as individual challenges where he needs to outhink the manager. He sees it as a battle of wits and it doesn't lead to him playing the best line up with players in their correct positions. It leads to stupid decisions like a one man Xhaka midfield, false 9s like Willian or ESR, Tavares at rb. It's just a mess.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That was a foul on chambers, no doubt about it. We were ****ing horrendous and I’m Arteta out but I’m not sure this dodgy treatment from referees is going to stop following us any time soon. With or without Arteta.
This isn't anything to do with Arteta. It was the same under Wenger and Emery. This is anti-Arsenal bias. Must have started with us playing a bunch of Frenchmen and other foreigners and tearing the league up. Being from London doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom