• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday, May 12th | KO: 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot_20240505_122220_Chrome.jpg

Here's hoping they beat us at home as comfortably as they've beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace & Fulham.

It has fallen to me to shepherd our young, battle weary Gunners & will them on to see our last away match of the season in style.

It is to be the 32nd battle at Old Trafford between the two sides who, in the not-so-distant past, WERE the Premier League.

I say battle because no trip to Old Trafford has ever been a drab affair. Even when both clubs were cast into the wilderness.

Those titanic battles that did matter, usually swung the pelendulum towards the victor.

Screenshot_20240505_115434_Chrome.jpg

This legendary gunner knew what it's all about!!

We mustn't falter in the face of what is, undoubtedly, the worst United side since the PL era started. This is coupled with the fact they're being led by the worst United manager of said era & certainly the one most obsessed with us!!

God willing, it's a hard fought 3 points for us so that INEOS remains convinced Ten Hag is the way forward so he can fritter away another £400 million.

Manchester United 0 - Arsenal 2

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That's nothing in the larger scheme of things of actually losing the league itself. I don't think the players would even care about that.
Well if we don't win, we basically lose the league tomorrow itself. Like how we lost against Forest last season, same level of pressure

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Well if we don't win, we basically lose the league tomorrow itself. Like how we lost against Forest last season, same level of pressure
It will also show that we just results affect us rather than focusing on what we can control. Arteta will have drilled the team to beat United tomorrow and take it to the final game. There’s all still to play for until there’s not.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Utd are a shadow of their former selves, but this fixture has always been a game they traditionally turn up in.

They will be like a wounded animal & we shouldn't underestimate them.

A win here would still be a big result, purely because of the history & the fact that we don't have a great record there.

It would also mean we achieved a bigger points tally than last season, with an opportunity of another 3 points still to play for against Everton. Win the league, or not, it's progress.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How we play will say alot about the mentality of this team.

Those that are just happy to have been around the top, back in the CL, might feel a little sorry for themselves that it looks likely to come to nothing.

Anyone with an edge to them will want to channel their frustrations into taken a part this pathetic Utd team, and at the very least secure the goal difference beyond doubt.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Those that are just happy to have been around the top, back in the CL, might feel a little sorry for themselves that it looks likely to come to nothing.

Anyone with an edge to them will want to channel their frustrations into taken a part this pathetic Utd team, and at the very least secure the goal difference beyond doubt.

Agreed - big teams create the chance tomorrow, to put meaningful pressure on City for Tuesday regardless of what those cretins up the road do, and take it to the final day at home.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

It’s our final big test of the season, and that’s no disrespect to Everton.

Put in a commanding, winning performance and I think we’ve shown that we are able to compete until the finish line, and that on its own is a big feather in the caps of this squad. Something we all can be proud of.

Opposition fans are mostly hoping United will get a result against us tomorrow, because history.

And if it doesn’t work out we’ll he back again next season, smarter and hopefully stronger with good fitness again.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Elliott from the Arsenal Vision Podcast has convinced me we will win this game despite the historical context that has me concerned.

United is 16th in the league in xg difference and 19th for shots faced. Who will be at CB? They might score a goal or two on the counter if they are clinical and Bruno shows up, but not sure they can handle us defensively.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Well here it is, potentially the last game day of the season that we can go top...and worst case scenario, the title could be done by 10pm on Tuesday.

With how inevitable City look, and have looked the past 3 seasons too...many would be questioning what is even the point of Arsenal winning this match, just give up as it's over...well fu3k that!

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship...BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!

For how good we were last season, we still lost our nerve at the end and handed them cheating blue tw8ts the championship on a silver platter by the end...for this season if they are to win it again, then they HAVE to win it...I want 6 from 6 at the end here.

And if that still isn't enough for the league, then I want everyone associated with The Arsenal to be thinking... "We are the best team in the league now, let's make sure we show it next year!" ...38 wins out of 38 games coming next season ( actually not thay greedy, 37 wins and a draw at the Empty-had will be fine 👍 )

For all the mocking rival fans could end up giving us over these last two years..."Biggest bottlers in the league", "Yanited have had a better season than you by winning a trophy literally no one gives a sh1t about" ...I still think this team has got 'something', and we will be champions again by 2025.

But just incase there is a chance we can win the title this year, I want no regrets...let's smash these ****s and their demented fraud of a manager, and go back to 1st place...this team has taken us on a proper journey recently (and for better or worse) still deserves our backing until the very end, they have been great this season.

Come On You Gunners!!!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We can't drop points here. We need to win here so we can say we took it to the final day and pushed City all the way.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I’ve seen a lot of things. I’ve seen
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark, near the Tannhauser gate but I’ve never, ever seen Manchester Utd at 7-1 odds for a home game against the mighty Arsenal.

No, that is not a typo.

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not a game I see us winning at all, I think it’s written, United stopping us and being buzzing City win another title.

If we score first their heads will drop and we’d win by a few. Shame really. Been a great season but United may end up with more silverware. Makes you think?

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I’ve seen a lot of things. I’ve seen
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion
I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark, near the Tannhauser gate but I’ve never, ever seen Manchester Utd at 7-1 odds for a home game against the mighty Arsenal.

No, that is not a typo.

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

Ridley Scott, is that you?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Factors here for us to drop points.

1. The OT thing will have to play into the minds of the players, ignoring the fact we went to the Etihad a place we always lose and put in a real solid performance. In the last couple of years we've beaten Sp**s at their ground after not managing it for nearly a decade. Have gone to Anfield two seasons in a row and should have really beaten them both times. 3 teams all far better than this United side.

2. The pressure of the title race will have to really weigh on the players. Which is something we've not seen, even the Villa game we were the better side first half before the bizarre 2nd half. Every other game we've been professional and have kept pushing. Also I think it being out of our hands frees the players a wee bit in this regard. I also believe the hunger outweighs the fear.

3. United, who've got a the nothing to play for in the league and one eye on the final, will have to play the game of their lives, underperforming players will have to all of a sudden really click and their horrendous defence will have to become so resolute. Add in Ten Hag doing an absolute number on Arteta which Arteta cannot rectify in 90-100 minutes of football. United's desire to help City win the league will have to be so strong that they put in a super human effort on behalf of their rivals.

Other than that maybe we just have a complete off day finishing wise, one of our players gets sent off really early, or something decided by external factors.

It should come as no surprise we're massive favourites for this. OT won't be a factor, we're simply miles better and we'll show it on the pitch and these players will be eager to show it.

dino bravo

Established Member

They will be up for this, it is Ten Hag's true cup final day. You know damn well he rested Bruno Fernandes for Monday nights embarrassment, Bruno has them mutant rat genes, the guy has never missed a game through injury in his life. That shows how important this one is for ETH. He has shown over and over that we live in that mis-shapen bald head of his.

Ødegaard will be key today, they give up so much space in the area he operates, he could kill them if he shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Top Bottom