• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Maniche

maniak

maniche is an excellent player and if vieira leaves he would be one of the most capable players to replace him

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's a very average player but cummon, vieira replacement !!?!? Thats an insult to paddy !

He aint in vieira's league. I would definateley not spend anything more than 5 million for him. The price the independent mention is crazy. No way !!

If we do sell patrick, which we wont, i would definately spend the money on sum1 like ballack, van der vaart or gerrard - not maniche !!

nnaife

van der vaart is so over rated i've watched him in loads of ajax games.

i hope paddy stays he is irreplacable

lewdikris

Established Member
How on earth could Van Der Vaart, an attacking no.10 replace Vieira? Maniche has been the best central midfielder in Europe over the last 6 months ... and scores AMAZING goals. He'd do me fine.

nnaife

He does miss an awful lot of very good chances and reading of the game isn't the best but we all have our opinions although i cant really see the need for him at Arsenal.

You'll also notice none of the major european clubs are currently linked to him.

Perhaps Wenger could improve him but there are way way better talents out there for his position.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How on earth could Van Der Vaart, an attacking no.10 replace Vieira? Maniche has been the best central midfielder in Europe over the last 6 months ... and scores AMAZING goals. He'd do me fine.

Notice i never sed i'd get him to 'replace' paddy - i sed if we SELL paddy then i definately wouldnt spend that much money on maniche - i'd spend it on sum1 like say ballack or van der vaart - and im sure neither one of them players wud cost us all of the 30-35 million we'r supposedly getting for patrick - so what i was saying is that i wud spend sum of it on say van der vaart for example.

calvinngai88

Maniche can't REPLACE Vieira if he leaves. He's more of an attacking player. Not as good in defence. Flamini will do good. Maniche would be surplus and there will be quite a challenge for places in the midfield. Pires, Ljungberg, Gilberto, Edu, Pennant, Flamini, Cesc (Wenger's said he's pushing youngsters into the 1st team this season), or maybe even Lauren if Trabelsi does come. But i do admit that i love his long range shots, no doubt about that, but if we are not selling anyone except Vieira for instance, hopefully not, there are only 4 places to accommodate 10 probable midfielders?

Adam

Established Member
He would never cover the ground athletically like Paddy in a box to box Premiership game.

There are only a few.

Arnie

when i saw maniche in the opening game. I thought he was an overweight excuse for a footballer. But then i realised that he was portugals best player and those were just chubby cheeks

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Maniche showed in the Champions league and at Euro 2004 that he is an excellent footballer. He's got a great range of passing, good vision and an eye for goal. He also doesn't mind getting stuck in. He would be a very good signing. This story is also on the back page of today's Mirror.

Bruce81

I dont like Maniche either, a good player, but not worthed to spend that much money on (Porto won't sell them easely!!). He scored a magnificent goal against the dutch, but he also tried 30 times in the previus games and failed there with shots of 10 miles wide !!!Rather prefer Ballack and Yaya Touré, or Van Bommel (just because he's cheap).

But i dont think we need an other replacement : first give Kolo a chance at Pat's place and if he doesnt succeed the new boy Flamini.

Top Bottom