• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manor Solomon

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lots going on surrounding this lad. He is more of a left winger though. Wonder what the plan is, Auba or Martinelli up top long term?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Lots going on surrounding this lad. He is more of a left winger though. Wonder what the plan is, Auba or Martinelli up top long term?
Auba CF doesn't work. Lacazette works so much better linking with ESR, Saka and Auba. We failed renewing Auba for so much money at his age.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Do you remember a guy called Santiago Cazorla? He was weak, but he knew it... He didn't play contact football. If he can do that I'm ok with his height.

My problem is more if he is in the level of Willian-Cédric signing which is adding nothing to the first eleven quality.

True, but I have a hard time pulling up arguments myself that are built on Cazorla as a comparison.

Guy's been in a world of his own in many aspects for me. Also called out by several of your players to be the guy with the best technique and first touch they have ever seen.
Not even starting with his two-footedness.

Agree though, if you are good enough, you kill it in the PL as easily as you'd have done it somewhere else.

No idea about this guy though, especially coming from Buendia to him, those are just entirely different players - doesn't feel like we've got a strict plan

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Auba CF doesn't work. Lacazette works so much better linking with ESR, Saka and Auba. We failed renewing Auba for so much money at his age.

Auba CF doesn't work in Arteta's system, I agree with that. But we didn't fail renewing Auba. Almost the entire fan base was behind resigning him because he was, and still is a 20 league goal a season striker. Of course if he can't bring himself out of this rut then in hindsight its a bad renewal. But you can't be like that, it was a good deal at the time.

If the club didn't offer him that deal and he went for £35M my god the pelters they would have got from everyone would've been unbearable.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Means nothing.
Sorry, I am not going to rave about a guy from a farmers league unless he's hitting 30 g + a there

Pepe did that, doesn't make a jot of difference if they're scoring/assisting 30 in a lesser league.

I'd look more at if they're scoring against quality opposition in the biggest cup competition in europe.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't worry about his physique necessarily, but his stats are really lacklustre. From YouTube compilations he clearly has a very good dribble, which is a skill we dearly lack on our wings (Pepe was supposed to bring that), but I don't know if he combines it with vision and passing range to translate the dribbles into output.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Pepe did that, doesn't make a jot of difference if they're scoring/assisting 30 in a lesser league.

I'd look more at if they're scoring against quality opposition in the biggest cup competition in europe.
a couple of CL games is not enough, need a bigger sample.
Haaland was shining in both CL and the farmers league, for example.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
a couple of CL games is not enough, need a bigger sample.
Haaland was shining in both CL and the farmers league, for example.

I agree, its nice to have a larger sample, but my point is any player can make it, no matter what the price or league. We spent 72M on Pepe who was electric in Ligue 1, but he just doesn't work here. Then you look at players like Podence and Neto who are electric in the PL but weren't exactly pulling up trees before moving to Wolves. Solomon strikes me as a player that plays in the same way as the Wolves boys.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
True, but I have a hard time pulling up arguments myself that are built on Cazorla as a comparison.

Guy's been in a world of his own in many aspects for me. Also called out by several of your players to be the guy with the best technique and first touch they have ever seen.
Not even starting with his two-footedness.

Agree though, if you are good enough, you kill it in the PL as easily as you'd have done it somewhere else.

No idea about this guy though, especially coming from Buendia to him, those are just entirely different players - doesn't feel like we've got a strict plan
I would take Buendía every single day... I am sure he could work alongside Partey (ala Santi-Coq) and ESR as cam. This is for games when you want to be offensive and break defenses.

You want a more defensive and balanced team. Play Partey and Bissouma or Ndidi kind of player and Buendía as Cam. Then you have a good core of young player, ESR has rotation. And you have variety and creativity.

I would use Xhaka as CB and get Saliba some time. Willock on loan.

Breezy

I would take Buendía every single day... I am sure he could work alongside Partey (ala Santi-Coq) and ESR as cam. This is for games when you want to be offensive and break defenses.

You want a more defensive and balanced team. Play Partey and Bissouma or Ndidi kind of player and Buendía as Cam. Then you have a good core of young player, ESR has rotation. And you have variety and creativity.

I would use Xhaka as CB and get Saliba some time. Willock on loan.

Xhaka at CB isn’t a terrible idea, as long as it’s not in our defence.

Xhaka should be one of the first names on the transfer list this summer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Got my Solomon 10 shirt ordered from the Arsenal shop already.

Hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

Peaky-Blinders-Alfie-Solomons-2110812.jpg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I think the majority wanted Auba to sign a new contract because he was still banging in the goals. Tbh I dont believe this is the end of Auba, his pace still seems as good. I felt he was starting to get more shots, once they start going in we'll see the real Auba back!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would be absolutely buzzing, if we had a history of getting such talents like Dortmund, Leicester and other clever clubs have in the recent past.

But with the pattern of our latest 5-6 years, it's almost certainly a hype job with money poured down the drain and a spot occupied with a mediocre player.
+ Insane wages, having him run down his 6 year contract.

Top Bottom