• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Almunia

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, I guess there's a case for another keeper now that Shaaban's been released .... but who is this guy? Bobbypires, can you tell us mate?

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=206333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Art ... ?id=206333</a>

KingReyes

Established Member
Seems like he has had a good season, but will he be satisfied to being understudy to Jens if he is to be purchased for that reason.

Sammer

Established Member
Why do we need four keepers? We have a decent back-up with Stack and Taylor - and this guy probably would not like to warm arsenal-benches.

OoDy

There are other reports in my local newspapers that says we might get Kahn to replace Lehmann.. I`m not sure though `cause we`ve been linked with alot of Bayern Munich players (Sagnol, Hargreaves, Kahn.. Etc)

Gooner_Milton

LOL Kahn and Lehmann in the same team?

I'll pass. Would prefer to stick to Lehmann anyway.

I think AW will give Jens a lot of lectures in the preseason and maybe enroll him in an anger management course or two but at the end of the day, he'll stay.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lehmann hasnt got long left anyway, maybe one season at best or even the january window depending on how many more tantrums/blunders he has. if he stays as our number one, i can console myself with the fact he isnt long term.

Sammer

Established Member
Oh yeah, Kahn and Lehmann in the same team competing for the no1 spot - that would definately be a spicy mixture.

Kahn just announced that he would like to leave Bayern and play in England, Italy or Spain. That means, that Hildebrandt is on his way to Bayern.

Kahn is being linked to Chelsea in the german press... :shock:

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Oh yeah, Kahn and Lehmann in the same team competing for the no1 spot - that would definately be a spicy mixture.

Kahn just announced that he would like to leave Bayern and play in England, Italy or Spain. That means, that Hildebrandt is on his way to Bayern.

Kahn is being linked to Chelsea in the german press... :shock:

Now thats a team that definately don't need another keeper.

Gooner_Milton

last I heard Chelsea was linked to Romario, Pele, Van Basten, Cruyff, Schmeichel and Maradona so what the hey.

Well Abramnovich wanted 'world class' right? :lol:

Mark

Established Member
I like the sound of another keeper. Taylor is injured all the time, Lehmann is in his last years. This guy is 27 so he has quite a few years left in him. Sounds like a good idea.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
This guy seems like he just wants to play. He won't be happy warming our subs bench. Perhaps he should stay at Albacete for the sake of his career.

A

Anonymous

lehmann is a massive improvement over seaman, so why are you guys critizing him

for christ's sake we were unbeaten all year.

lehmann will bounch back and we will win the CL :mrgreen:

Mark

Established Member
shark said:
lehmann is a massive improvement over seaman, so why are you guys critizing him

for christ's sake we were unbeaten all year.

lehmann will bounch back and we will win the CL :mrgreen:

Seaman was always a better keeper than Lehmann. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. Perhaps last season Seaman wasn't as good but Lehmann can't replace him. It's asking a lot of any keeper, but we need someone to be the long term replacement for big Dave.

quattro

Mark said:
Seaman was always a better keeper than Lehmann. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. Perhaps last season Seaman wasn't as good but Lehmann can't replace him.
this statement doesn't make sense. seaman was ALWAYS a better keeper than lehmann but last year seaman was not as good as lehmann and so lehmann still cant replace him? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom