• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Almunia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_Milton

Seaman would be far better than Lehmann if he was still in his prime.

Unfortunately he's no longer that so we'll just have to make do with Lehmann.

Jens isn't that bad anyway. He just needs to clamp down on that horrible temper of his.

arsenal4life

sorry but Seaman was bad from 2000
4 seasons of bad performance
he should retire after Euro2000
or even after WC2002
and he was one of the main reasons of losing the title last season

Mark

Established Member
quattro said:
Mark said:
Seaman was always a better keeper than Lehmann. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. Perhaps last season Seaman wasn't as good but Lehmann can't replace him.
this statement doesn't make sense. seaman was ALWAYS a better keeper than lehmann but last year seaman was not as good as lehmann and so lehmann still cant replace him? :roll:

I didn't mean Seaman wasn't as good as Lehmann. I meant the Seaman of that season wasn't as good as the Seaman of earlier seasons. Lehmann may be better than the Seaman of last season, but he can't replace the Seaman of earlier seasons, which is what we need, but will be difficult to find.

KingReyes

Established Member
Mark said:
quattro said:
Mark said:
Seaman was always a better keeper than Lehmann. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that. Perhaps last season Seaman wasn't as good but Lehmann can't replace him.
this statement doesn't make sense. seaman was ALWAYS a better keeper than lehmann but last year seaman was not as good as lehmann and so lehmann still cant replace him? :roll:

I didn't mean Seaman wasn't as good as Lehmann. I meant the Seaman of that season wasn't as good as the Seaman of earlier seasons. Lehmann may be better than the Seaman of last season, but he can't replace the Seaman of earlier seasons, which is what we need, but will be difficult to find.

That is just too much Seaman for me!! :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
Sorry Mark, but that sort of Seaman-nostalgia is a bit too much for me.

"Seaman was always better than Lehmann" :shock:

Put the personal sympathy aside and have a look how Seaman´s performances declined after 2000 - yes he had some outstanding years, but that was more than 7 years ago.

Seaman retired much too late and I reckon that he had cost us many goals in his last 2-3 seasons, where he was nowhere near a world-class keeper.

Chips&CurrySauce

Seaman was poor in his last couple of seasons for us. He was constantly injured, he was carrying too much weight and for me Lehman is a massive improvement. Seaman was probably the better goalie in his prime but that was about 4 or 5 years ago.

A

Anonymous

I never could understand why Seaman wasn't replaced when he should have been. I think our history would have been far greater if he had been replaced a few years earlier with quality.

Sammer

Established Member
BobaFett said:
I never could understand why Seaman wasn't replaced when he should have been. I think our history would have been far greater if he had been replaced a few years earlier with quality.

Well said. That´s the problem with "over-due-legends".

Sammer

Established Member
If Wenger really spends 4 Million Pounds on that keeper, why not spend the same amount on Timo Hildebrandt - his market value is just the same amount !

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
If Wenger really spends 4 Million Pounds on that keeper, why not spend the same amount on Timo Hildebrandt - his market value is just the same amount !

Exactly my thoughts. This kid must is an exellent keeper from what i have heared through you and others. How much would Hildebrandt cost. Not much more than 4 mil maybe 6.

Sammer

Established Member
Aussie said:
Sammer said:

Exactly my thoughts. This kid must is an exellent keeper from what i have heared through you and others. How much would Hildebrandt cost. Not much more than 4 mil maybe 6.

His "official" market value is about 5-6 million Euros - which is about 4 million Pounds max !

Aussie, you know that I rate Lehmann as a good keeper, but Hildebrandt would be an excellent long-term-prospect.

He is still affordable (which he won´t be in 1-2 years) - so therefore I doubt that Arsène goes for the spanish kid for 4 million pounds.

KingReyes

Established Member
I guess Alumunia is backup for Lehmann and Hildenbrandt won't stand for that. Thats why Wenger has looked at other options.

Sammer

Established Member
Yes, but a back-up for 4 Million Pound is ridiculous, when a long-term-prospect like Hildebrandt is about the same amount.

JazzG

Established Member
4million pounds? I doubt we gonna pay some relegated team that much for their keeper who was on loan to another team!

KingReyes

Established Member
Sammer said:
Yes, but a back-up for 4 Million Pound is ridiculous, when a long-term-prospect like Hildebrandt is about the same amount.

Its actually 4 million euros, which means around 2.5 million sterling i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom