• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manuel Almunia

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewdikris

Established Member
That sounds right - has anyone actually ever seen him play? Can't say i've noticed him, so can't pass judgement.

Sammer

Established Member
Well he sounds like a back up keeper as many of us watch the Spanish League on a regular basis, but I can´t really say that I remember him in terms of being a great keeper.

Anyway, there will be about 20 more keeper rumours this summer , so this might just be one of them.

johe

Sammer said:
...who isn´t exactly doing a great job at Borussia Dortmund now :wink:

Does he even play any games at all? :D
Don't they have that Weidenfeller (sp?) guy, who is quite young? How does he compare to say, Hildebrandt?

Sammer

Established Member
johe said:
Sammer said:

Don't they have that Weidenfeller (sp?) guy, who is quite young? How does he compare to say, Hildebrandt?

Well Weidenfeller was supposed to replace Jens Lehmann. The outcome was: the best defense in the Bundesliga immediately turned to be one of the worst with Weidenfeller being shaky as hell.

That´s when Warmusz came in (I think by the end of 2003) - he had some good games at first, followed by some really bad performances.

Hildebrandt is probably already Germany´s best keeper, although he is quite young, but definately up there with Kahn and Jens Lehmann.

He is incredibly cool, calm and composed - and broke the all time record in the Bundesliga (formerly held by Kahn) by not conceding any goal in 10 league games in a row.

He is awesome.

johe

Sammer said:
johe said:
Sammer said:

Well Weidenfeller was supposed to replace Jens Lehmann. The outcome was: the best defense in the Bundesliga immediately turned to be one of the worst with Weidenfeller being shaky as hell.

That´s when Warmusz came in (I think by the end of 2003) - he had some good games at first, followed by some really bad performances.

Hildebrandt is probably already Germany´s best keeper, although he is quite young, but definately up there with Kahn and Jens Lehmann.

He is incredibly cool, calm and composed - and broke the all time record in the Bundesliga (formerly held by Kahn) by not conceding any goal in 10 league games in a row.

He is awesome.

10 games in a row!? :bounce :shock: That's something really special to pull off, no matter how good your defence is. I'm a goalkeeper myself and i can go maybe 1 game out of 5 not conceding a goal ;D admittedly at U15 level though. :lol:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sammer said:
If Wenger really spends 4 Million Pounds on that keeper, why not spend the same amount on Timo Hildebrandt - his market value is just the same amount !

Good question. Hildebrandt is pure class.

Marinello

I can't belive this Aluminium rumour. It makes no sence what so ever. At 27 and totally unmerited there's no way he can command a pricetag over a million.....and what's the point.

Is it a smokescreen for something else?

A

Anonymous

We do really need a goalkeeper.

Not to sure aobut this guy though.

jeromelee

Hell, if we're gonna make up rumours how bout AW throwing everything into getting casillas. Class player :D

I have no idea about Almunia. I don't think he is a good replacement of Lehman. Why don't AW continue to contact with Frey?

asajoseph

Established Member
Almunia... Not seen him play, but if he only conceded 28 goals in 24 games for Albacete (spainish equivalent of Portsmouth), thus helping keep them up and watch his own team, Celta, go down, he can't be too bad...

jonmoody61

seems like it has gone though indeed!

he is joining on trial with view to a permanent move very very soon. he will be a bench warmer, but spending twice the amount we spent on our No. 1 for a reserve......

.....what message is that sending to Stack and Taylor!!! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom