• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marc Overmars to Return?

Will Riou overload on nostalgia if Overmars comes back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Definitely

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Honestly, I also took that as no more additions at executive level as well when they said no to a new Raul.

I forgot about Huss, they made it sound like his replacement would be more junior.
They always made it seem like Huss was just a contract guy, but he clearly had more responsibilities.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I was gonna say winning the league in Ajax as a manager isn't really a thing is it.

Has been doing alright in CL though, probably what people are thinking of.
Even that he hasn’t, bottled getting to the KO stage with ajax two years in a row after that amazing run 2 years ago.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I was gonna say winning the league in Ajax as a manager isn't really a thing is it.

Has been doing alright in CL though, probably what people are thinking of.
They were outplaying all the major teams for fun, so think they did well. On top of that, they've made some top sales for some of their guys.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mean yeah he would, he kicked out way bigger names than Arteta out of Ajax.

Arteta, when he remembers Marc had the balls to fire Bergkamp once...

giphy.gif

razörist

Arteta, when he remembers Marc had the balls to fire Bergkamp once...

giphy.gif
Yes well for arguments sake it doesnt actually go like that. The board fires them but its obvious what happened. Bergkamp was let go (and wim jonk) and after that ajax (Overmars) started investing way more money in players resulting in those european runs when before they were just cannon fodder. Its clear that Overmars benefited the most since he was finally set free to shape the squad like he wanted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Yes well for arguments sake it doesnt actually go like that. The board fires them but its obvious what happened. Bergkamp was let go (and wim jonk) and after that ajax (Overmars) started investing way more money in players resulting in those european runs when before they were just cannon fodder. Its clear that Overmars benefited the most since he was finally set free to shape the squad like he wanted.

Wasn't Bergkamp fired for a being a bit of a ****, bless him :lol:

I remember a story (can't remember what manager it was) but the board and coaches were having a meeting, and Bergkamp said the manager needed to be sacked as he hadn't experienced true greatness as a player or something, the manager replied "But I played for Feyenoord" ...and Bergkamp responded with "Exactly." ...dead :rofl:

razörist

I remember a story (can't remember what manager it was) but the board and coaches were having a meeting, and Bergkamp said the manager needed to be sacked as he hadn't experienced true greatness as a player or something, the manager replied "But I played for Feyenoord" ...and Bergkamp responded with "Exactly." ...dead :rofl:
Yes that was with Peter Bosz (now Leverkussen I think). As a manager Peter Bosz was probably the best fit for Ajax, he left because the club wouldnt remove Bergkamp. Dennis was very toxic and indeed said **** like that Feyenoord burn (true but still).

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think its more likely he ends up at United, they are getting heavily linked with bringing a director of football in.

razörist

@Rex Banter i think what speaks the most for Overmars is the development of the market value of the squad. Before he took the reins ajax squad was always hovering around 100M value, now its been around 300M for a few years, even 500M for a season when they eventually sold De Ligt and Frenkie. Thats a big deal for a club from a small market. He made Ajax international again.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yes that was with Peter Bosz (now Leverkussen I think). As a manager Peter Bosz was probably the best fit for Ajax, he left because the club wouldnt remove Bergkamp. Dennis was very toxic and indeed said **** like that Feyenoord burn (true but still).

Pity RvP was not present, though I guess he'd pipe down quickly if Bergkamp raised his eyebrow.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
@Rex Banter i think what speaks the most for Overmars is the development of the market value of the squad. Before he took the reins ajax squad was always hovering around 100M value, now its been around 300M for a few years, even 500M for a season when they eventually sold De Ligt and Frenkie. Thats a big deal for a club from a small market. He made Ajax international again.
Imagine what people like them could do with our budget. We would be ahead of the likes of Dortmund, Ajax and Leipzig, but with our big heads at the helm, we'll be lucky to be in front of Burnley with anything business related

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I can imagine it was delivered with the same ice cold dryness when he was asked if he meant to score THAT goal at St. James Park all those years ago :lol:

Top Bottom