• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

The issue isn’t system players. Most players are system players.

It’s about the manager actually having a system that works. Once you have that it’s easier to sign players because you know they have the tools to succeed in your system.

Klopp wasn’t that keen on Salah but their scouts convinced him that Salah had the attributes to slot into the right of his 433.

I think the only players that improve an Arteta team are genuine world class players. That just seems to be what he needs at every position.

Not really, what Arteta wants/needs is a squad with more balance. Specifically, he needs a front line with more technical ability...they dont have to be world class. He wants more players of the mold of a Buendia or Pondence. we dont have that.

He also wants to eventually transition our CB options into have 1 or two more pacy CB's so we can play a bit more of a higher line without getting exposed.

Its just the balance of this squad isnt good, years of poor mismanagement.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

So what does Sabitzer actually do apart from run around a lot?

Sauerkraut Ryan Fraser I’m hearing.

This is why when I saw him play against United, I think he played vs Sp**s too, I genuinely thought to myself he was playing wing-back or was some sort of wing-back/full-back by trade, he didn't look like a guy you'd want to be tasked with creating chances or dictating play. Unless there's something I'm missing.

I'm thinking he's Kevin Großkreutz MK II or some ****. :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Right anyone who's watched him play tell me where he fits in.

If we go with this being our best side.

Lacazette
Aubameyang Smith-Rowe Saka
Xhaka Partey
Tierney Gabriel Holding Bellerin
Which player does he displace? It can't be Xhaka because I know for sure he's not a 6 even if I've not exactly seen loads of him I can tell you that. He's obviously not offering more than Saka does, he ain't offering anywhere near the creativity ESR offers. Where on earth would he play?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Right anyone who's watched him play tell me where he fits in.

If we go with this being our best side.

Lacazette
Aubameyang Smith-Rowe Saka
Xhaka Partey
Tierney Gabriel Holding Bellerin
Which player does he displace? It can't be Xhaka because I know for sure he's not a 6 even if I've not exactly seen loads of him I can tell you that. He's obviously not offering more than Saka does, he ain't offering anywhere near the creativity ESR offers. Where on earth would he play?

????

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I've seen enough to know he's not a play-maker. Are you telling me he's coming here to play 10, because I find that very hard to believe.

Not here to tell you but to say you haven't seen him then say he won't offer more than a 19 year old kid is stoopid.

Tir Na Nog

Not here to tell you but to say you haven't seen him then say he won't offer more than a 19 year old kid is stoopid.

I mean I don't see him as a creative player, I've seen him a few times, I don't watch Leipzig every week but I've seen enough to know he's not a creative player. ESR is.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I mean I don't see him as a creative player, I've seen him a few times, I don't watch Leipzig every week but I've seen enough to know he's not a creative player. ESR is.

It was just for future reference, at least pretend you've watched him, I lie on this forum all the time so people think I know stuff.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This is why when I saw him play against United, I think he played vs Sp**s too, I genuinely thought to myself he was playing wing-back or was some sort of wing-back/full-back by trade, he didn't look like a guy you'd want to be tasked with creating chances or dictating play. Unless there's something I'm missing.

He plays mainly CM for Leipzig, and is very much tasked with providing playmaking. You are incredibly off with your assessment, and anyone who watches Bundesliga with any sort of consistency will attest to that.

Tir Na Nog

He plays mainly CM for Leipzig, and is very much tasked with providing playmaking. You are incredibly off with your assessment, and anyone who watches Bundesliga with any sort of consistency will attest to that.

I'll put my trust in you then my friend! (if we're even interested in signing him)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Then you get someone like Sabitzer as experienced AM who you can play at 10, or on the wings or against some opposition in a midfield 2 along either Partey or Mangala or you can play a more flat midfield 3 with Sabitzer a bit deeper. Very versatile.
Based on this, he could be a good option and especially because he won't block ESR.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'll put my trust in you then my friend! (if we're even interested in signing him)

Cheers mate. I think what's throwing you off is 1) Sabitzer is a very versatile player who can slot into multiple roles and do well 2) Nagelsmann is probably the most tactically flexible great manager out there.

I totally understand why it'd be difficult to get a grasp on RB Leipzig players without watching them frequently. They used Angeliño (bald LB from City) as a LW recently, used Emil Forsberg as a false-9 today, etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was more impressed with Nkunku against Atletico tbh. I’m just sceptical of any Bundesliga player unless you’re Sancho, Haaland or play for Bayern.

Need more than a pace and power merchant. Should just sign a Brexit baller like Mads, Grealish or Rice.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He'd play cm and be a better version of Xhaka and Ceballos. He's like a 2021 Sami Khedira.

Have we really got gooners turning their nose up at Sabitzer?!

Iceman10

Established Member
He'd play cm and be a better version of Xhaka and Ceballos. He's like a 2021 Sami Khedira.

Have we really got gooners turning their nose up at Sabitzer?!

Having had a closer look at him though I am surprised a bit at those who wish listed him for the #10 position. I don’t see him doing quick interplay and tined pinpoint short range passing into the box. This is indeed an option more for the pivot behind the #10. I’d rather do Bissouma for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom