• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't know as much about Sabitzer as some others, to me he looks like a wide player but I gather he plays centrally. Doesn't feel like my kind of creative midfielder, i prefer creative geniuses with amazing technique and the workrate of a Greek builder in July, whereas Sabitzer seems much more about workrate and less about cultured technique.

But he'd probably suit the PL and he's a perfect age if you want to complement him with ESR. He's like 7 years older than ESR, so he gives you like 4 good seasons and then ESR is at the age to take the reins.
hard work and efficiency, jummy

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We’re not going to get back to champions league club status any time soon if we turn down proven quality like Sabitzer just so they hinder the chances of our youths.

You get back in the champions league with smart recruitment. You buy players and turn them into 60 million pound players then sel them on to improve your squad.

Spending 40 million on a 26 year old who will have no value at the end of his contract is something Liveerpool can do.

We need to be operating like Leicester. We just bought Partey. By the time we are where we need to be, Partey will unlikely be a first choice player. Auba wont be here when we get where we need to. Neither will Willian.

We need to buy the right age. That is between 20 and 23. A 23 year old player at 27 still had massive resale value. That's why Leipzig had a policy of never buying above that age. Look where they are now.

Look where we are.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I think this is a very difficult signing to pull off, but I'm fully on board. Very good player, and his versatility would be of particularly great value to us.

Breezy

You get back in the champions league with smart recruitment. You buy players and turn them into 60 million pound players then sel them on to improve your squad.

Spending 40 million on a 26 year old who will have no value at the end of his contract is something Liveerpool can do.

We need to be operating like Leicester. We just bought Partey. By the time we are where we need to be, Partey will unlikely be a first choice player. Auba wont be here when we get where we need to. Neither will Willian.

We need to buy the right age. That is between 20 and 23. A 23 year old player at 27 still had massive resale value. That's why Leipzig had a policy of never buying above that age. Look where they are now.

Look where we are.

So basically your solution to get us back to competing again is to become a selling club? How did that work out for Wenger?

Also comparing us to Leipzig is a bit silly. PL is a much more competitive cutthroat league.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Look where we are.

That's all well and good but we can easily spunk 60Mil on a few players we think improve the squad who then just become deadwood.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I get your points, but if you can make signings like Partey and Sabitzer, you do them. They move the needle and improve your aspirations right away. You then look to compliment them with cheaper, Leicester-like investments and your own youth products, which we can do.

We signed Alexis when he was 26, Özil when he was 25 and Aubameyang when he was 28. We failed to compliment them properly, but they became our best performers and kept the club competitive.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
So basically your solution to get us back to competing again is to become a selling club? How did that work out for Wenger?

Also comparing us to Leipzig is a bit silly. PL is a much more competitive cutthroat league.

Wenger re-incarnated would still deliver exciting football, success just below winning and every year another exciting talent to cheer for as fans.

An odd title here and there as an addon.
Just like Dortmund now - you wouldn't take Arsenal becoming its old self/Dortmund as of now?

Do most in here also prefer seeing football that gets you from your seats or winning the Mourinho way ?
I know what made me an Arsenal fan..

akhil

Look where we are.

Value of an asset is not just what you can get by selling him, it what he can contribute to the team currently as well. If he gets us CL and keeps us there, the domino effect in all areas of recruitment is significant. It's pretty much why Özil is a negative asset for us, contributes nothing and is a huge drain on our resources.

If spending that 40 million leads to getting back in the CL this year or next, that's an instant 60+ million in revenue. It's a better way of increasing the revenue streams rather than waiting 3-4 years for the young player to develop. We can't carry 11 projects on the pitch either. We have quite a few as it is.

10s are a rare breed too, it's not easy to get someone short term who's not a has been. I don't know much about this dude, so I'm not vouching for him or anything.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Only saw him play once. Impressed me with his vision and passing abilities. No idea if that’s actually a strength of his or not.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Value of an asset is not just what you can get by selling him, it what he can contribute to the team currently as well. If he gets us CL and keeps us there, the domino effect in all areas of recruitment is significant. It's pretty much why Özil is a negative asset for us, contributes nothing and is a huge drain on our resources.

If spending that 40 million leads to getting back in the CL this year or next, that's an instant 60+ million in revenue. It's a better way of increasing the revenue streams rather than waiting 3-4 years for the young player to develop. We can't carry 11 projects on the pitch either. We have quite a few as it is.

10s are a rare breed too, it's not easy to get someone short term who's not a has been. I don't know much about this dude, so I'm not vouching for him or anything.

I agree, that why I said earlier I'd like us to get Olise + an experienced player. Olise 19 with huge potential and like Sabitzer not just a No10. Yes we need exp quality but we also have to take chances on young potential as well.

Iceman10

Established Member
I agree, that why I said earlier I'd like us to get Olise + an experienced player. Olise 19 with huge potential and like Sabitzer not just a No10. Yes we need exp quality but we also have to take chances on young potential as well.

If we brought in Sabitzer what would be the plan to accommodate both ESR and Olise?

akhil

A balanced strategy is the ideal short and long term solution for sure. Getting that balance right is the hard part though. Giving all these young guys minutes is the hard part.

Early in the Emirates era, we were too invested in to youth players, after the Özil signing we invested heavily in prime age talent. Our relative finances during these periods played a heavy part in this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom