• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we brought in Sabitzer what would be the plan to accommodate both ESR and Olise?

Olise is 19, we wouldn't be playing him every game. ESR also shouldn't be playing every game. Olise can play Left & Right and as a 10. We need quality in rotation and back up. Also we need to build value into players, Olise & ESR are ideal age & quality to do that. Sell Willian ASAP & Pepe if we can find a buyer. Nelson to go out on loan.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A balanced strategy is the ideal short and long term solution for sure. Getting that balance right is the hard part though. Giving all these young guys minutes is the hard part though.

Early in the Emirates era, we were too invested in to youth players, after the Özil signing we invested heavily in prime age talent. Our relative finances during these periods played a heavy part in this as well.

Tbh, Nelson I would send on loan. Willock & AMN I would look to sell. Thats 3 youngsters out and only Olise in. Willock & AMN are very unlikely to increase in value because they will never be starters.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This would be perfect, even as a january signing. We could pretty much cover both CM and AM until summer with Sabitzer.

I’d look at him as someone who’d come in and play next to Partey with ESR in front of them and cover for ESR if he needs a rest, gets injured or finds himself in a slump.

Partey, Sabitzer, ESR and Xhaka (if he keeps his form) would be enough to have us compete for Europe.

Iceman10

Established Member
This would be perfect, even as a january signing. We could pretty much cover both CM and AM until summer with Sabitzer.

I’d look at him as someone who’d come in and play next to Partey with ESR in front of them and cover for ESR if he needs a rest, gets injured or finds himself in a slump.

Partey, Sabitzer, ESR and Xhaka (if he keeps his form) would be enough to have us compete for Europe.

If he is in a pivot with Partey that means Partey would be more of a DM, but I see Partey as more of a b2b. Don’t think that would work, but he could rotate with Partey and rotate with ESR for the two positions.

We need more creativity.

Lacazette/Auba
ESR/Saka - Sabitzer - Saka/Pepe
Partey - Xhaka
Tierney - Gabriel - Holding - Bellerin
Leno

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like Sabitzer. He also scored a brace and kicked Delle Ali twice against Spuds in the CL so that's a big +.

Only thing I worry about is his pace in the CL if he were to play a bit deeper, but generally I think highly technical players with a quick brain don't need to be that fast.

I think him, Buendia and Ødegaard would all be great options to bring in. Would be very happy with either.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
You get back in the champions league with smart recruitment. You buy players and turn them into 60 million pound players then sel them on to improve your squad.

Spending 40 million on a 26 year old who will have no value at the end of his contract is something Liveerpool can do.

We need to be operating like Leicester. We just bought Partey. By the time we are where we need to be, Partey will unlikely be a first choice player. Auba wont be here when we get where we need to. Neither will Willian.

We need to buy the right age. That is between 20 and 23. A 23 year old player at 27 still had massive resale value. That's why Leipzig had a policy of never buying above that age. Look where they are now.

Look where we are.
I get where you are goin but you are ignoring the fact we are filled.with young talents. We cant have too many of them as it would do opposite of what you are aiming at

John oxford

Now or never. In germany arsenal still has a big name and if the other big clubs not around he would come to us in january. But in the summer other clubs will be around and we will have no chance with our league position.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

If he is in a pivot with Partey that means Partey would be more of a DM, but I see Partey as more of a b2b. Don’t think that would work, but he could rotate with Partey and rotate with ESR for the two positions.
Not necessarily. Sabitzer has been deployed pretty deep and seems (to me) to be the most withdrawn ven when playing with Haidara.

I see it as Sabitzer being the deeper CM in build up and possession dictating play so Partey can roam forward and in defence they will both play as cms/dms next to each other. Partey has a good engine and should be able to manage that.

FinnGooner

Established Member
I like Sabitzer as a player but the problem with this is that the only way we could convince him to join us over his other options is by giving him a bigger contract than his other suitors. He's going to be 27 in couple of months so that would mean a one more big untransferable contract in our hands. That's a big risk for a player who is no way guaranteed to make an impact at the PL. We have to start signing players who we can bring in with 60-70k/w contracts at first and only when they prove themselves in the PL and at Arsenal, we raise them to the >100k/w class.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get where you are goin but you are ignoring the fact we are filled.with young talents. We cant have too many of them as it would do opposite of what you are aiming at

We have young talent you are right. However a 19 to 20 year old, is very different to a 23 year old. A 23 year old should have much more consistency. We should be looking at buying 23 year olds not 26 year olds who will actually be 27 when we sign them and then need a whole season of adaptation.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We have young talent you are right. However a 19 to 20 year old, is very different to a 23 year old. A 23 year old should have much more consistency. We should be looking at buying 23 year olds not 26 year olds who will actually be 27 when we sign them and then need a whole season of adaptation.
ok

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

They should of course have more consistency. But likewise a 26 year old will have more consistency than a 23 year old. Footballers more often than not come into their prime at around ~26.

If you exclusively look at under23 players then you pretty much state you're a developing club. Developing clubs rarely compete at the highest level, although there are obviously exceptions. Our problem isn't that we have a lot of players in the u20/21 bracket and lots of ageing players. It's quality. And Sabitzer is quality.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If it's between Arteta's Arsenal or Mourinho's Sp**s then doubt he is choosing us. Not unless we offer him absurd wages anyway.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They should of course have more consistency. But likewise a 26 year old will have more consistency than a 23 year old. Footballers more often than not come into their prime at around ~26.

If you exclusively look at under23 players then you pretty much state you're a developing club. Developing clubs rarely compete at the highest level, although there are obviously exceptions. Our problem isn't that we have a lot of players in the u20/21 bracket and lots of ageing players. It's quality. And Sabitzer is quality.

I would rather have the quality in a partner for Partey than the person ahead of him.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I would rather have the quality in a partner for Partey than the person ahead of him.
I mean ideally it's not black and white and we manage to find a good balance. Sabitzer would be such a good addition in being so versatile. If he comes in now, he more or less gives an upgrade on Xhaka as well as providing cover for ESR. In the end I wouldn't want him to come in and be an AM, I think his value is greater when deployed as CM. While not being outstanding in any one trait he has good vision, good technique, good work rate, good passing. He'll be a solid 7 in pretty much all games and a pairing of him and Partey would enable faster transition to attack which is probably our single biggest deficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom