• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcel Sabitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Having had a closer look at him though I am surprised a bit at those who wish listed him for the #10 position. I don’t see him doing quick interplay and tined pinpoint short range passing into the box. This is indeed an option more for the pivot behind the #10. I’d rather do Bissouma for that.
He’d be perfect as cm next to Partey, either in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 or in a 4-3-3. I see it more as he can step in a do a job at AM if needed. Much better vision than Bissouma

Iceman10

Established Member
He’d be perfect as cm next to Partey, either in a double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 or in a 4-3-3. I see it more as he can step in a do a job at AM if needed. Much better vision than Bissouma

I see Partey as a b2b, maybe you do also. We need depth to cover him, which I think Sabitzer or Bissouma could do, but when playing alongside him I feel Bissouma would provide more of a solid defensive base in CM. Just different instinctive feels for overall balance.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I see Partey as a b2b, maybe you do also. We need depth to cover him, which I think Sabitzer or Bissouma could do, but when playing alongside him I feel Bissouma would provide more if a solid defensive base in CM. Just different instinctive feels for overall balance.
Yeah I do. My perspective is we had a double pivot of Ramsey and Cazorla. Thomas and Sabitzer would an upgrade on them both physically and overall defensively while still providing a good deal of the technical and passing qualities. You could see the difference between Thomas and Xhaka today in transition. They both had found themselves in similar situations with us breaking. Thomas hit a perfect pass to Auba who scored. Xhaka, who actually had a better opportunity to start a counter with several runners stepped on the ball and passed it back to Luiz (I think) literally resulting in the whole Newcastle team being on the correct side of the ball instead of half of them.

Not saying Bissouma is another Xhaka, but I’d definitely take Sabitzer’s passing and vision over Bissouma’s based on what I’ve seen of them :)

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I see Partey as a b2b, maybe you do also. We need depth to cover him, which I think Sabitzer or Bissouma could do, but when playing alongside him I feel Bissouma would provide more of a solid defensive base in CM. Just different instinctive feels for overall balance.

Not to mention he is fully adapted. I think people are missing the point of a creator at 10. ESR brings so much to that position but we already have a player who can do everything that he does there in Saka. Say you take ESR out and move Saka to 10, you don't lose anything at all. From the central position, but you lose a massive amount from the right. The drop down to Pepe and Wilian is huge currently. Although I believe the goal Saka scored is the exact goal Pepe would score and one that Willian definitely wouldn't.

If we want continuity in selection, then we should be aiming to buy a left footed playmaker who can play as a 10 or wide on the right.

Olise is perfect. Then you need a winger with devastation to complete the options. Pepe and Willian don't offer that.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Was more impressed with Nkunku against Atletico tbh. I’m just sceptical of any Bundesliga player unless you’re Sancho, Haaland or play for Bayern.

Need more than a pace and power merchant. Should just sign a Brexit baller like Mads, Grealish or Rice.

Yeah I’m put off by that too.

What was the combined fee for Havertz and Werner?

Don’t know why this club doesn’t buy more 22-25 year olds performing at a decent level in the PL for clubs with elite scouting like Leicester who’ve already done the hard work for us..

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Don’t know why this club doesn’t buy more 22-25 year olds performing at a decent level in the PL for clubs with elite scouting like Leicester who’ve already done the hard work for us..

Because Leicester will pull our pants down

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Clubs like Leicester and Leipzig kinda annoy me, they essentially get to have their cake and eat it. Sure they do very good work with fantastic scouting, but they're often first choice for promising young players cos they can offer game time, if a prospect fails they get no criticism and if a prospect succeeds they get all the praise and a cool 50-60m from the bigger clubs, they challenge at the top of the table without the pressure of having to challenge at the top. It's win-win.

If Leicester were considered even as big a club as sp*rs, Rodgers probably would have been fired for their collapse last season, but they're considered smaller so it was barely talked about, even though Leicester's team is legitimately good.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

if Leicester were considered even as big a club as sp*rs, Rodgers probably would have been fired for their collapse last season, but they're considered smaller so it was barely talked about, even though Leicester's team is legitimately good.
But they aren't. They don't have the squad depth because they aren't one of the biggest clubs in the league. Anyone looking in will or should understand that the 5 subs rule benefitted their rivals who had the depth to bring on quality to win games. If they were one of the big clubs they would have had that depth and its unlikely they would have collapsed.

Leicester have done a great job. It's refreshing to see.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
But they aren't. They don't have the squad depth because they aren't one of the biggest clubs in the league. Anyone looking in will or should understand that the 5 subs rule benefitted their rivals who had the depth to bring on quality to win games. If they were one of the big clubs they would have had that depth and its unlikely they would have collapsed.

Leicester have done a great job. It's refreshing to see.

Yeah this is why they irk me. They have a genuinely good team and all they get is praise. Shouldn't be allowed imho.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Could just see who Leicester are due to buy and outbid them. James Justin and Castagne would have been excellent at right back for us.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Sabitzer for 17m is kind of a no-brainer. I don't know that he's quite the quality of a nailed-in starter, but at that price, he'd provide excellent squad depth.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Was more impressed with Nkunku against Atletico tbh. I’m just sceptical of any Bundesliga player unless you’re Sancho, Haaland or play for Bayern.

Need more than a pace and power merchant. Should just sign a Brexit baller like Mads, Grealish or Rice.

@Rex Banter posted this 6 months ago and it’s all facts.

Less Bumdesliga players and more Brexit ballers.

#BritishCore2021

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Finally some link to him. Such a bargain that there must be a lot of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom