• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Né

Mark

Established Member
I preferred Eboue to be honest, we're hardly lacking in the central midfield area so Ne is not desperately needed.

Jinn

Established Member
He wasn't all that impressive to be honest. Cesc and Flamini are better propects.

Matt

Your midfield is impressice, it's more difficult to impress there.

Today in our game the 2 players had a "special" game today.
Marco Né played very well and scored our first goal. He gave lots of beautifull passes.
Eboué defended very well, but got wrongly a red card. Our midfielder Junior gave a nice stroke on the cheeck of an opponent who fell down like he was knocked down with a baseballbat. :roll:
The assistent referee saw it wrongly and gave Eboué a red card. :shock:

So the referees are not only in England bad, also in Belgium :eek:ops:

Matt

Here (broadband or Modem) you can see the footage of our game today. You should really see the nice long ball from Né (the second chance in the match) and off course his goal.
And you can see the red card for Eboué which was wrong.

The summary starts in the 33 minute 30 seconds of the video .
(broadband or Modem)

Let me know what you think of it.
Did it change your mind about Marco Né ?

Gunner4life09

impressive, from what i have seen from that video i think he wouldn't be a bad signing, how old is Ne anyway?

Matt

Gunner4life09 said:
impressive, from what i have seen from that video i think he wouldn't be a bad signing, how old is Ne anyway?

He is just 21 years old (°17/07/1983) and 1m83.

He's, with Eboué, in Ivory Coast now, to play with the national team against Benin this week.

Arnie

Mark said:
I preferred Eboue to be honest, we're hardly lacking in the central midfield area so Ne is not desperately needed.

can't add to that, completely agree, we should get eboue, ne isn't half of fabregas!!

_scorpion_

Established Member
Ne is the best player in that side....mark my words...he is better than Eboue! He would make an ideal foil for Paddy(i.e. He is better than Edu and Gilberto). Fabregas can be used as an attacking alternative.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And how did you come up with the conclusion that he is better than Edu or Gilberto? Have you seen him play over a long period of time? Did you see him playing, and no offence to the Belgian league, opponents who are good enough for the Cl or Premiership? Yes he may have the potential to do this but I feel that it is naive to be making remarks like these without at least seeing him against top fligh competition to see how he fares. All you have seen, and if that, is a few Belgian matches and some Uefa Cup matches against teams with no hope in hell of beating Arsenal.

Matt

Arsenal sign Marco Né (Beveren)

Next season, Marco Né will join Arsenal FC. The Belgian press reported today that Né will not join Hamburg but he is going to Arsenal to join his countrymen and former teammates Kolo Touré and Emanuel Eboué.

Né is a creative central midfielder, with a great view of the game, very good dribbling and passing skills. His only weakness is that he can’t finish his opportunities, although he impressed us sometimes with good headers and shots. But he is always looking for a pass to a teammate, even if he is one meter away from the goal.

There are no details released about the transfer price, but there can be assumed that it will be around the amount of 1 million Pound.

Here are some facts about him:

- In Belgium, he is ranked in the most top 10 rankings of the best players in our (Belgian) competition (in the papers and magazines).

- The german club Hamburg was very interested in him during the winter break, but finally didn’t buy him because they found the transfer fee too high (1,5 million Pound).

- Along with Eboué he joined Arsenal in the pre-saeson and play some friendlies with Arsenal in July (Amsterdam Tournement and Austria).

- You can compare him with a player like Edu. He is also 6 ft 1 tall. He's 21 years old.

He will certainly be a strenghtening for the Arsenal squad !

AFCG7

Established Member
Couldnt we have saved that 1 million and used it as extra funds for a bigger transfer target?

patrick42uk

Established Member
quality. i liked this guy better than eboue when i saw them both at amsterdam. looks like no essien though. ne has quality technique and looks a possesional type player. i liked him in the game i saw of his pre-season. he didnt have a great game, but i was watching for his individual ability and his technique stood out for me.

Mark

Established Member
Our first big name signing eh? :roll:

I've said many times that during pre season Eboue impressed me a lot more than Ne.

I've heard better things about Kolo's brother Yaya. I would rather we went for him, but to be honest if Wenger wants big signings we should be aiming for Essien. This news is kind of disappointing.

Sonic Youth

I don't think another central midfielder is what we need. We've already got Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Flamini and Fabregas to play in that position, so I really don't understand why we would sign him.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom