• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marco Né

A

Anonymous

His contract is up in 2006 so this may be the last chance to get him if he wants to move to a bigger club.

The_Prince007

Wenger thinks it's time for him to come to arsenal!! At 22 years old!! Maybe wenger thinks he has matured into another patrick viera!! :wink:
Another paddy for nothing, it would be really good!!! :lol:

asajoseph

Established Member
If you think he's another Patrick Vieira, it's rather obvious that the place you've listed as your location is a complete lie.

A

Anonymous

asajoseph said:
How many 'bigger' clubs are actually going to want him?

I dont mean bigger than us I mean bigger than Bevern. I think a number of teams would snap him up on a free in the summer.

kamikaze80

Established Member
maradonad2g said:
marco ne was wanted by a couple teams in germany if i remember rightly think hamburg and breman were the clubs in question
if thats true, then he could be a useful spare part, tho it doesnt change the fact that we still need a world-class CM.

how is his defence? could he be a gilberto replacement?

A

Anonymous

marco ne ? your sayin he is strong but in that amsterdam tournament i can recal him being really skinny and not that tall but id go for a loan before we make it permanent

Asterix

Established Member
Matt said:
I want to make something clear : Marco Né will not join Arsenal in January 2006 !

He will come to Arsenal next Summer or maybe even in January 2007. (Source: Belgian Press).

That he will come next month is just so unrealistic. Marco didn't play much so far this season because of injury. He played only 9 matches.
He did consult the Arsenal Medical Staff already a couple of times.

About the Ivorian National team: He will make the World Cup-squad in Germany, but there are more experienced players in Midfield playing in Europe (Yaya Touré (Olympiakos), Zokora (St-Ettiene), Yapi Yapo (FC Nantes), Junior (Beveren), Romaric (Le Mans), Kalou (Auxerre)).
In a few years he will be a great player, he's quoted at being one of the best players comming out of the Academie JMG Abidjan ever. So this is a great praise if you know players like Kolo Touré, Yaya Touré, Didier Zokora, Eboué and the brothers Kalou were educated there.

Thanks for the tip Matt.

On the players above, based purely on the name, I'd quite like to see Yapi Yapo in our squad :D

Matt

gunner_down_under said:
Imagine if he scores a goal for us and the commentators go "YAPI YAPOOOOOOOOOO"....
Imagine if Venance Zézé Zézéto scores, he's the left winger in our squad. :wink:

kamikaze80 said:
how is his defence? could he be a gilberto replacement?

He's more attacking skilled midfielder, he needs a more defensive midfielder aside of him.
He's totally comparable with Fabregas, only a little bit bigger and taller.

qs

Established Member
Just because we need a big signing in the same position doesnt mean Wenger should ignore good players who he hopes to develop for the future.

sabret00the

Established Member
cesc
gilberto
hleb
flamini
song
muamba (maybe)

<and the central midfielding signing we're all dying for this january>

admittedly that's stretching it, as song may not be offered a perma-contract and gilberto could be on his way out, not to mention we may not get a signing.

but if we do, i have a feeling giving the sheer numbers their that we could be playing 4-5-1 permanantly next season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
why would you say that? and why is muamba on that list? its a half-baked idea, sabre.

you could just as easily say: hleb, pires, ljungberg, reyes, quincy, smith... we're loading up on wide midfielders for 4-4-2 next season.

preemptive ps: i know reyes is supposed to be a striker but he can play in midfield so lets just say hes both

brianfrance

Established Member
If you've got the satelitte you should be able to watch the guy in action. Sunday night, RTBF 1. You'll see something else, the belgian football! :wink:

longrufus

Established Member
Now that we have the celta vigo partnership up and running, why dont we send him there. It will give him expeirence in a top league and can only make him a better player. It will also give us the oppertunity to see how he performs against top teams and players.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom