• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marcus Rashford MBE

Rashy To Arsenal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Insanity to spend a fortune on a slumping player on high wages. Nothing you said about his goals clears it up because again he isn’t a good fit. Your assessment he will get mire chances at Arsenal isn’t convincing. You can make that argument about the vast majority of transfers. Reality is they don’t explode at Arsenal with more chances. Kai didn’t

Kai's literally scored way more at Arsenal than he did at Chelsea. Also he's player out of form in a tragic Man United team who has showed a high ceiling. We all know in form he's Purple Patchford, what if he goes PP for a whole season?

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Can't see this happening just for the reason we still have Nelli and Trossard who're arguably better in how we play tbf

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Kai's literally scored way more at Arsenal than he did at Chelsea. Also he's player out of form in a tragic Man United team who has showed a high ceiling. We all know in form he's Purple Patchford, what if he goes PP for a whole season?
Without Kai' contribution up front we would've finished distant 3rd, he's one of the reasons we took title fight to last game and if he started there from game one we would've easily win the title.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm talking about his tactical profile, not about his personality. He's better in the air than any of our attackers bar Havertz, he can shoot from range and can beat a man on the dribble. We are woefully lackin in pace, which is why all our counter-attacks have to be precision. He would allow hopeful balls into space to suddenly carry threat (as Martinelli does at his best too). His primary issue is that the delta between his best from and his worst is almost Nicolas Pepe levels, which is why its only worth persuing if Man Utd de-risk it for us.

My point is neither Grealish or Gordon really give us what we want.
I can't find his header stats anywhere. But let's take an example from stats I can find. Jesus from 19/20 and Rashford from 18/19 until now in EPL, after they had adjusted to the league and started playing more.

Jesus has only 4% worse aerial win percentage from that time frame, even when he is 10 cm shorter. Jesus even has more aerial duels than him during that time. This is a very bad outlook for the aerial prowess of Rashford. He is no target man.

If you compare to those two, I think overall they are better fits than jogging Rashford with the qualities I explained. Even if I agree to some of your points about Rashford's skillset.

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
Why is a gamble and streak player a player you want for 80 million and 400k? Makes no sense

Diesel

Wonder if there will be a hard deadline with euros this summer. Can't see us wanting to wait until after euros to do business.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm curious to know how and why Rashford has suddenly built a strong reputation with a few members of this forum. I see the talent, but he has a lot of the same flaws that we bemoan Martinelli for. I would prefer a wide creator type over another wide forward, e.g., Kvaradonna, Rodrygo or my boy Desire Doue. The way Arteta sets up our wingers is not conducive for a wide forward to thrive. For example, how often do we see Saka or Martinelli make runs in between the fullback and centre back? It’s not that Rashford isn’t a good player, it’s that Rashford fix escape the current issues at LW, for me at least.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I'm curious to know how and why Rashford has suddenly built a strong reputation with a few members of this forum. I see the talent, but he has a lot of the same flaws that we bemoan Martinelli for. I would prefer a wide creator type over another wide forward, e.g., Kvaradonna, Rodrygo or my boy Desire Doue. The way Arteta sets up our wingers is not conducive for a wide forward to thrive. For example, how often do we see Saka or Martinelli make runs in between the fullback and centre back? It’s not that Rashford isn’t a good player, it’s that Rashford fix escape the current issues at LW, for me at least.

Unless we sign an actual fullback who can invert AND go to the touchline, adding another wide playmaker is not it, imo.

We'd have so little width that parking the bus against us would only require a mini van.

drippin

Unless we sign an actual fullback who can invert AND go to the touchline, adding another wide playmaker is not it, imo.

We'd have so little width that parking the bus against us would only require a mini van.
Timber? Possibly Kadioglu?

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I can't find his header stats anywhere. But let's take an example from stats I can find. Jesus from 19/20 and Rashford from 18/19 until now in EPL, after they had adjusted to the league and started playing more.

Jesus has only 4% worse aerial win percentage from that time frame, even when he is 10 cm shorter. Jesus even has more aerial duels than him during that time. This is a very bad outlook for the aerial prowess of Rashford. He is no target man.

If you compare to those two, I think overall they are better fits than jogging Rashford with the qualities I explained. Even if I agree to some of your points about Rashford's skillset.

Slightly desperate this.

Jesus is a more combative player, plays centrally more and is better in the air than you'd expect for his size. Rashford is crap in the air for his size, but he is bigger and stronger than Jesus. You're right that he's no target man - no-one ever suggested he was - I was merely saying he is unusually big for a speedy left sided attacker and, as it happens his head technique is decent when he actually competes for them.

Of course they are better fits than jogging Rashford, but worse fits than fired up and running Rashford. Grealish is a fine player but does nothing to address our lack of pace, and to my mind is only and option if you completely abandon the inverting left back option. He's also still inefficient with his ball usage, when is why he's been dropped. Gordon is lively and exciting, but has never played in a team expected to dictate games, and I don't think he offers much wildly different to Martinelli - he's just playing in a team that suits those attributes.

Frankly given the likely cost, I'm not sold on any of them, but there is a greater chance Utd my sell Rashford cheaply.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

I guess that's the Timber idea and the reason why people are talking about another left back.

Krava would be fun - a mix of grealish and Gordon I guess, but would be £££££££

lomekian

Essays are my thing

He does have a lot of Martinelli's flaws in that both are wide forwards rather than playmakers or wingers in the traditional sense. I just basically want more pace and more threat in the squad. At the mo we have Martinelli who can run but is variable in his decision making, and Saka isn't too shabby, but beyond that the only pace we have is Eddie, and that isn't cutting it. Trossard & Nelson are only quick over the first 5 yards. We desperately need more speed and to give the option of transition goals and we also desperately need more goal threat from beyond our patterns of play. (We are very good when things click, but light on the goals 'out of nowhere' category). Rashford's not the ideal, but the boy does bang in a few from long range out of nowhere every year, and when he's on form he is a frightening proposition. Whether ot not he can be kept on form by any one is another question.

I'd be happy if we got him, but I'd be happy with a handful of others too. Of course what wide player we go for is influenced by what the thinking up front is

drippin

Slightly desperate this.

Jesus is a more combative player, plays centrally more and is better in the air than you'd expect for his size. Rashford is crap in the air for his size, but he is bigger and stronger than Jesus. You're right that he's no target man - no-one ever suggested he was - I was merely saying he is unusually big for a speedy left sided attacker and, as it happens his head technique is decent when he actually competes for them.
Why is it desperate if I show how your "He's better in the air than any of our attackers bar Havertz." is very misleading.

He is barely better in the air than Jesus despite his height. They have both played striker and winger during that time period, but I think Rashford more as a winger. As a winger you're not against tall CB's, so he should be even better in that sense. But it's only 4% better aerial wins with less contested.
Of course they are better fits than jogging Rashford, but worse fits than fired up and running Rashford. Grealish is a fine player but does nothing to address our lack of pace, and to my mind is only and option if you completely abandon the inverting left back option. He's also still inefficient with his ball usage, when is why he's been dropped. Gordon is lively and exciting, but has never played in a team expected to dictate games, and I don't think he offers much wildly different to Martinelli - he's just playing in a team that suits those attributes.

Frankly given the likely cost, I'm not sold on any of them, but there is a greater chance Utd my sell Rashford cheaply.
"has never played in a team expected to dictate games"

I can't understand how you think Rashford would fit at all, because he hasn't played for a team that dictates games much either. He has never been good at breaking busses, which would be a much bigger requirement than Rashford's counter-attacking abilities. That's why Pepe failed.

Arsenal needs counter-attacking speed mostly for those big away games, which are not that big part of the season. Someone like Doue seems fast enough, but also much more capable to break busses.

If Doue costs 35 million pounds plus let's say 25 million add-ons, plus like 80k per week, it's going to be much cheaper than Rashford costing 80-100 million without much add-ons, plus like 330k per week wages.

Rashford's wages would be 86 million pounds for 5 years, so overall cost would be like 166-186 million for a very risky buy who doesn't even fit Arteta's requirements well. Doue's wages would be 21 million plus 60 million fee, so 81 million pounds.

That's 85-105 million difference, and Doue has a lot of add-ons so doesn't make as big hit to the FFP limits. You can keep Trossard and Jesus, sell Nelson, and go for a proper fitting top winger next summer with that 85-105 million. That's also about the fee for Guimaraes, which is way more important than risking Rashford and helping United. And being stuck with him.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Arsenal needs counter-attacking speed mostly for those big away games, which are not that big part of the season.

I disagree, based purely on the importance of those games. We’re talking about 6 pointers in the league or latter stage of champions league. They are a HUGE part of the season if you actually care about winning trophies instead of winning the stats awards.

You cannot expect to get taken seriously if you don’t think we need threat on the counter. Almost all the forum were bemoaning our lack of pace at times this season.

I’m also not sure about the buses comment anyway -Someone like Rashford is not brought into break down the bus, he’s brought into score the goal at the end of the move that sliced through the bus. He is a very good finisher and has good off the ball movement.

Gn1212

ITK Police 👮
It's actually incredible how much chatter a simple "Arteta and Rashford have talked" has generated.

Not a single reputable outlet bas reported the interest btw.
(Having said that, strangely the usual suspects haven't denied it either, is there a bomba incoming?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, June 16

Arsenal are one of several clubs who have contacted PSG over the signing of Xavi Simons, but the Parisians only want to loan the player this summer [L’Equipe]

Arsebal have registered an interest in 26 year old striker Artem Dovpik [Diari de Girona]

Latest posts

Top Bottom