• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Götze

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Wenger is an admirer of Götze, we have the money and he's unhappy at Bayern because of a lack of trust and playing time.

This one has in fact more legs than the Benzema Thread.

samir

mr-t-time-meme-generator-you-a-fool-fool-edec49.jpg

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're basically guaranteed to play with AM wide. Gotze is better than whoever we have in the squad to play there. Struggle to see why people would be against it.

GideonSmythe

Well, I've said elsewhere that I trust Hunter and GDeep. Can't see us spending millions on Draxler, Reus is staying put. Who does that leave in the super, super quality stakes?

RandyMarsh

Established Member
We're basically guaranteed to play with AM wide. Gotze is better than whoever we have in the squad to play there. Struggle to see why people would be against it.
Where does Ramsey play though? Wenger will probably stick him RB if Gotze comes lol

This guy isn't needed, but if it materializes you can't help but get excited over a WC player coming in, regardless of where they play.

GideonSmythe

Good point about Ramsey, I think he'd be happy to sideline Wilshere but you get the feeling he sees Ramsey as one of his big projects. Maybe he'll try to retrain him as a defensive midfielder. But that could go badly.

raag

Not sure how I feel about this. Would definitely improve the squad. But would much rather Benzema personally

Iceman10

Established Member
I get that this may be one of those "opportunities" but it's really not giving us max. bang for the buck in addressing priority areas for squad improvement, with us already having strong depth of attacking midfielders / wide forwards. The only way would be if we tried evolution to a false nine system, but I just don't see that happening. Alternatively, if were going to sell someone to make way, but again I can't quite see who that would be, and no, definitely not Cazorla.

Doesn't make sense, but who knows... (maybe Le Boss).

Prawn Sandwich

Was chatting in the Centre Forward thread with others about alternatives to going out and actually getting a CF. Bet these Goetze rumours came about from Arsenal Mania posts.

If Giroud leads the line then I like to see him backed by Sanchez-Özil-Walcott/Ox.

If it's Walcott up top then Sanchez-Özil-MIDFIELDER+Bellerin is acceptable.

If we can't get an elite, top, top , super-quality striker within a fortnight I am okay with Gotze. It doesn't mean I'm overjoyed with the window, a striker was /is a must, but Gotze ain't a bad salvage late in a window.

Remember we signed Özil and some questioned it due to Cazorla's excellent season playing the CAM role! Always worth bringing in a quality player if you can. :)

GideonSmythe

There's a lot of you looking at a starting 11 here. You'll be able to count on one hand the amount of times we'll be able to field our strongest 11 in any given season. Which is why another DM is important.

say yes

forum master baiter
Would moonwalk into that RW spot if we signed him.

But that would mean Wenger permanently relegating 2/3 of Cazorla/Wilshere/Ramsey to the bench, which I can't see happening.

Would be a brilliant signing either way.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Would moonwalk into that RW spot if we signed him.

But that would mean Wenger permanently relegating 2/3 of Cazorla/Wilshere/Ramsey to the bench, which I can't see happening.

Would be a brilliant signing either way.

I completely agree with you.

There is one thing about Götze which ppl seem not to realise, but would have an enormous impact on our performances and that is his superb technique, balance and speed in his movements.
He is one of the best i have ever seen regarding that, he has absolutely no problem when being surrounded by 2-3 defenders, his technique allows him to control the ball so good that no one can take it off him that easily and he is very good at finishing in those tight spaces.

Look at our chances created or shots on goal per game, the numbers are huge but the goal count is not. Shots blocked so often, chances wasted.
Götze would imo be the perfect solution for that, put him on the right wing and when we play that tippy tappy **** around the box, send him in there and he will score.

En1gma

Gotze is not a leader of men, which is what i think we are craving, whether its in defence, midfield or attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom