• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Götze

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yes he is, stop trolling.
Anybody would think you're a Gotze fan or something. Who is that as your avatar?

Thankfully, we are more likely to see Gotze on celebrity fat club than in an Arsenal jersey. Banter when he comes here and Iwobi outperforms him.

Am trying to think of a scenario where I accept 2019 Gotze coming here - 1 month loan with an option not to buy.

Maybe we should sign Gabriel Barbosa, Ben Arfa and Mohamadou Sakho as well - they were once regarded as supreme talents.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Just to fill in those who still haven't updated their BL knowledge: Götze is still way off his best Dortmund days, but he's actually had a great second half of the season. Been in great form whether used as a 10 or false 9. Most cannot understand why he hasn't been nominated for the NT. He's not fat or overweight either. And at the time he was, it's still borderline to call him fat when in fact he was/is suffering from a metabolism disease he seems to have under control now. I am one of those who have questioned his commitment to the sport after early success, but he definitely seems applied and on an upward trajectory right now.

If he would be an asset to current Arsenal is a different question, though.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Just to fill in those who still haven't updated their BL knowledge: Götze is still way off his best Dortmund days, but he's actually had a great second half of the season. Been in great form whether used as a 10 or false 9. Most cannot understand why he hasn't been nominated for the NT. He's not fat or overweight either. And at the time he was, it's still borderline to call him fat when in fact he was/is suffering from a metabolism disease he seems to have under control now. I am one of those who have questioned his commitment to the sport after early success, but he definitely seems applied and on an upward trajectory right now.

If he would be an asset to current Arsenal is a different question, though.

Basically two positions we don't really plan on using given how this season panned out and how we're crying for wingers.

Would he able to play a Rambo role? He doesn't strike me as someone who has great energy levels, but that might be down to his body type.

Toby

Basically two positions we don't really plan on using given how this season panned out and how we're crying for wingers.

Would he able to play a Rambo role? He doesn't strike me as someone who has great energy levels, but that might be down to his body type.

That's what I kind of was alluding to with my last paragraph. When Emery played more attractive football he was playing 433 at PSG. Other than that he chose a 4231 but with rather conservative/workhorse like players at 10. E.g Ramsey or a DLP kind of guy like Banega in front of two rather clear cut 6s.

Götze doesnt fit a 433 and he doesn't fit the other option. Not because he's too similar to Özil - they are very different - but because in essence he's a 10, which doesnt seem like a position Emery favours that much re chance creation.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Gotze's main issue apart from his other stuff is that he wasn't ever able to find and nail down a particular position.

Toby

Gotze's main issue apart from his other stuff is that he wasn't ever able to find and nail down a particular position.

Not necessarilly his fault. He broke through under Klopp as a dribbling, creative 10 with goals threat, good in tight spaces, good sense of movement, not wasted outside.

Low then tried to make him a false 9, then he got the "German Messi" hype, signed for Bayern where Guardiola disliked him from the start because he wasn't Neymar and mostly used him out wide. He's a 10/second striker in the Griezmann mold. Thing is very few teams use that position nowadays. It's something Muller has been struggling with, too. Dybala, Griezmann in his quest for a new team, too.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not necessarilly his fault. He broke through under Klopp as a dribbling, creative 10 with goals threat, good in tight spaces, good sense of movement, not wasted outside.

Low then tried to make him a false 9, then he got the "German Messi" hype, signed for Bayern where Guardiola disliked him from the start because he wasn't Neymar and mostly used him out wide. He's a 10/second striker in the Griezmann mold. Thing is very few teams use that position nowadays. It's something Muller has been struggling with, too. Dybala, Griezmann in his quest for a new team, too.
Yeah, I suppose this explains that.

ArsenalFever

Out of all the main central midfield targets we've been linked with recently, Götze has the most attacking quality imo and maybe the most likely to improve substantially the following season. As far as it goes signing a player due to Ramsey's absence, Götze ticks a lot of boxes imo.
If he were to sign, would also be the most similar player to Rosicky we've had since.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Gotze makes no sense whatsoever, we have no need for him in our squad.

Shrewd business would be to go after a quality player like Héctor Herrera who’s available on a free transfer to replace Aaron Ramsey rather than go for Gotze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom