• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mark Milligan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy from Sweden

Even it the basic skills doesn't match up to the ones we think is necessary for a player to have when playing for Arsenal players can grow playing with players of superior quality.

I have not seen Milligan play so I can not judge his qualities but as I said to a mate today when he praised Song's performances in the last couple of games:

"Isn't that what I've been saying from the moment I watched him in his first pre-season game?" :)

Soler

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
Even it the basic skills doesn't match up to the ones we think is necessary for a player to have when playing for Arsenal players can grow playing with players of superior quality.

I have not seen Milligan play so I can not judge his qualities

Well I have seen Milligan play both on television weekly and in person and I know he isn't good enough now nor ever will be.

You don't just suddenly develop an ability to pass the ball and have the vision and whatnot at his age; he's 23. He's not what I'd consider a "prospect." By then it can be pretty obvious if a player is going to make it or not and Milligan isn't going to make it at such a high level this late. To do so he would have had to have left here about seven years ago.

And playing alongside Lucas Neill, who is a pretty accomplished Premier League level player, didn't stop him from looking out of his depth against Japan last year by the way. ;)

lee1001

Established Member
Soler said:
Like I said, he's a blood and guts player that wouldn't look out of place in the Stoke team coming up next season because that's his level. Not Arsenal.

Its funny thats exactly the sort of player Flamini is and look what he achieved this season. You could say the same about the Romford Pele.

Glovegun

Established Member
True. We have plenty of footballing ability and skills in the ranks, its a lack of character, grit, physicality and determination that puts us back sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom