• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mark van Bommel

jmd4211

Does anyone else think it bizarre that 4 yrs ago, Le Boss was not far away from paying big bucks for Mark van Bommel, yet now no-one seems to want him, even though he's on a free this summer?

A

Anonymous

No-one seems to want him?

Real were after him for a long time, but they bought Gravesen
And van Bommel's manager has confirmed MANY top teams have interest in him.

hesham

Established Member
If he is on a free and edu leaves he would be a great addition and free up xtra cash for SWP

Jinn

Established Member
His wages would be too high and I don't think signing him is really on Arsène's mind anymore. Gilberto's return and the emergence of Cesc and Flamini should cover us.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If there's one thing Arsène doesnt like - that's a big, big squad with quality players on high salaries being wasted on the bench. He doesnt like wasting money, he knows we dont have much of that and naturally, he will want to use it as wisely as possible.

Right now, we have Fabregas, Flamini, Gilberto, Vieira and even Edu in central midfield. If we buy Van Bommel - where will that leave Gilberto, Flamini and Fabregas ? A player with as much potential as Cesc will not accept being rot in the reserves, neither will a world cup winner such as Gilberto. Flamini, also is a highly rated youngster that Wenger seems to think has a bright future at Arsenal.

Yes, buying Bommel will give us more depth and quality within the side, but there are bigger concerns in defence as well as the goal keeping position. Wasting money of V.Bommel and his wages when we already have 2 world class central midfielders and 2 very, very highly rated youngsters in that position would not make as much sense as buying a top keeper for the long term, or a new centre back who can read the game, etc.

A

Anonymous

He's an asshole on the pitch, just like 90 percent of all (former) Arsenal players, so in addition he's perfect :lol:

A

Anonymous

Agreed JR 2005 - we have enough depth in CM, depending of course on whether Gilberto makes a full recovery or not - fractured vertebrae are never easy to heal fully.

You're right too in that we need a central defender and a goalkeeper, possibly a striker too, depending on Dennis (who I think may just be too old next season) and whether Reyes ends up as a left winger or a striker. I don't think RvP and Aliadiere will be sufficient to support Henry and help us win the title

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
If Edu leaves we have only 2 centre mids over the age of 20 - how is that sufficient strength in depth?

I'd love it if Wenger signed him in the summer.

AFCG7

Established Member
We need a dirty man in the middle.. he'd fit the bill.. but i cant see Wenger signing him.. we'll have to wait and see how Gilberto recovers.. i hope he does.

nidza7

Established Member
he`s one ****in` dirty midfielder,with great skills,he would be great for us.he`s lampard+gatusso kind of player!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Unless he can wear the gloves or get taller and become a centre back, I dont think we should bother with him at the moment. We have 4 good central midfielders, and a 5th just wouldn't bode well.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom