• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Markel Susaeta

Vela

Established Member
In this article it mentions Markel Susaeta is on AW's radar.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317480/Lukas-Podolski-the-first-signing-for-Arsène-Wenger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317 ... ene-Wenger</a>

Spanish radio Primer Togue tweeted this in Spanish the over day.
Arsenal @PrimerToque Santi Segurola (Marca journalist) reveals which Athletic players have offers (still quite vague) from foreign clubs.

They are: Jaci Martínez, Amorebieta, Iturraspe (Italy), Susaeta (Arsenal), De Marcos, Llorente and Muniain.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Class player, said it in another thread, if the likes of Llorente, Muniain and Martinez are out of our price range, we should definatly be looking at Susaeta and De Marcos.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is he a Mata type player? Will have to watch him looks like a signing that's very possible to happen
We either need a forward or a winger depending on where wenger thinks Podolski will end up

fabo

6.51 / 10
Looks like more of a forward player than Mata from what I've seen. Don't think we have space for him with Theo and Gervinho here, plus Podolski arriving.

Sottobosco

Well they play him to do a Freddie Ljungberg role - start on right wing, move in and fit into the gaps

But Susaeta don't need a Bergkamp to work, gets things done through own intiative.

Floating

Established Member
What sort of player is he? Seems typical of Wenger to sign a less well-known player from a great team, rather than going after Martinez and Muniain.

Vela

Established Member
Found this on twitter

Susaeta, born in 1987, began his football at the age of 10 in the Athletic Bilbao youth academy. His professional debut came in 2005 playing for CD Baskonia, an independent feeder club for Athletic. He was given his first-team debut in September of 2007, at the age of 19. Making his debut against FC Barcelona, he scored Athletic’s only goal in a 1-3 defeat at Camp Nou. Since then, he has appeared in over 150 games for Athletic, eventually earning a starting spot and refusing to relinquish it.

Susaeta has been probably Athletic’s most consistent performer. This season, in 57 games, (La Liga, Copa del Rey, and Europa League), he has achieved 13 goals and 15 assists.

While Susaeta does not have the recognition of his team partners. His pace on the right wing is always a threat to stretch opposing defenses, and his crossing is top-notch, contributing to Llorente’s vast collection of goals. One would consider Susaeta to be an old-school type of winger, as many of today’s wide players prefer to cut inside towards the middle of the pitch on their stronger foot. His skill set and experience may command a transfer fee of about 10 million € if he is to leave Athletic this summer.

Susaeta has caught the eye of top European clubs, including Arsenal, who seem to have been particularly impressed by the 24-year old’s performance against Manchester United in the Europa League.

Susaeta’s contract expires in 2013, so it will be interesting to see what Athletic chooses to do with this promising player.

In my opinion, Susaeta is a player who reminds me Theo Walcott. A fast winger who can play in both sides of the pitch. I think he would be a great incorporation for Arsenal.

Floating

Established Member
Wow, 13 goals and 15 assists from the wing is quality. Didn't realize he was that productive.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Is he Winger or Attacking midfielder? if winger we really no need for winger at this moment. but his stats is impressive 13 goals 15 assist. hope he can play attacking midfielder.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Man United were linked with him a couple of weeks ago, i'd be chuffed with either him or De Marcos.

Sottobosco

He really isn't like Walcott at all. As I already said, Freddie Ljungberg is a good comparison but with more skill.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good age, wouldn't mind signing a few 25-28 year olds, they come with experience, about to enter their best years and are less likely to use us as a stepping stone.

iced22

From what I've seen, he's a solid player who might not be a true world class difference maker.

He's a great set piece taker and can also score some screamers. His dribbling is good but not superb, his passing is decent, and he will put in a shift defensively. His best attributes are probably his set pieces and crossing.

He wouldn't be at the top of anybody's list, but whoever buys him should have a solid player on their hands.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Floating said:
Wow, 13 goals and 15 assists from the wing is quality. Didn't realize he was that productive.
From what I can tell, he's usually not. Wonder if there are any specific reasons for the big improvement stats-wise.

Wouterus

AnthonyG said:
Floating said:
From what I can tell, he's usually not. Wonder if there are any specific reasons for the big improvement stats-wise.
According to the source below, he has achieved 13 goals and 12 assists. There are a few reasons why he is more productive this season than before:
1. Participation in the Europa League (5 goals, 5 assists in 13 games)
2. He has started almost every La Liga game this season. In previous seasons he came on as a sub far more often.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/109294/markel-laskurain-susaeta-laskurain?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/i ... in?cc=5739</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Airknight

Established Member
Considering the way we play and intend to play in the future i don't think those stats would drop if he came here.

Very solid player, but don't see this happening because we already have lots of winger options, maybe if this actually happens it means Theo out.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
@Wouterus, thanks. I knew about Europa being a factor, but I only suspected subs and what not might be. I'm in no way diminishing this guy or anything by the way; like many rumours for me it's a case of 'who?' and I let others fill in the blanks.

godfather

IMO this is a back up option only if Theo didn't agree the new contract which means we have to sell him this summer rather than free next summer.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom