• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Markus Rosenberg

Spike

Established Member
ilostmyaccount said:
I think Arsenal needa striker like Kanu again, or atleast another Nigerian. Arsenal always had a nigerian player when there's been success. Actually Arsenal has been slightly worse since kanu left, then there was Ian Wright[nigerian blood], etc. Nigerian players is the way to go. Look at Bolton with okocha and Inter were alot better when Kanu were with them. Same with Kanu at Ajax. Camerunian players are bunch of dirty, skilless blonkers though, IMO. They arnt very elegant and usually clumsy, unlike Nigerians, just look at Kanu for an example.

ROFLMAO! :lol:

longrufus

Established Member
Markus Rosenborg is an excellent player, one of the best young players around. Last season in the Sweedish domestic league he finished as the top goalscorer and was the player with the most assists. Will lead the line with Zlatan for sweeden in the next world cup i think as Larrson will be too old (34). Is a great natural finisher and would be a great addition to any squad, especially arsenals wih Bergkamp playing less if at all next season.

wer

i have heard little about him but i have complete faith in Wenger if he decides to sign him.

dsurg

Thing is I would be delighted if we sign any player that is good by AW's judgement, but the real question is do we need a striker and will the striker significantly improve us as a team?

longrufus

Established Member
Of course we need a striker, bergkamp even if he gets a new contract will play less and less. We will only have Henry, Reyes and VanPersie up front. With that i think Reyes is better on the wing as he is too similar to Henry. They both look great players for arsenal though, been very impressed with VanPersie recently, no wonder VanBasten said he s the best young talent in holland including robben.

As for the young ones.
-Aladiere needs a year on loan to maybe a good french team under his belt, he needs games.
-Lupoli is a great prospect however i think needs another couple years development, mayeb a bit lightweight at present.
-Then theres Quincy who i think is a great prospect, looked dangerous everytime he touched the ball against Sheffield United in the cup, however i think he would be better on the wings

Rosenberg is a good player, i already give some info on him. Top scorer and assister in sweedish league last year, only 22 and at 5m, he's worth it.

air

I saw him many times during last summer's Swedish League campaign.

What I find interesting is that Malmo loaned him out last season to Halmstad, because during previous seasons I seem to remember he had a very bad scoring record with Malmo. It all went well with Halmstad and he was in very good form and scoring goals.

You can see he is very talented, whether he will be good enough to play at the very top I cannot tell.

Arsu86

He scored once and had two assists in Malmö's 3-1 win in the swedish cup today. Afonso Alves was rested by the way.

gunner_down_under

"Ilostmyaccount"......thanks for making my day mate!!.....i was worried about some work, also pissed off at an employee....but all that just vanished after reading that post.......incredible....thoughtful!! lol

like someone said "we're all stupider after reading that"....lol....

yihyng

is Rosenborg anywhere as good in terms of technical ability and balls skills as compared with Zlatan? Just curious.

I would think that we should be buy a proven striker since we have so many young talents in the wings already.

Anders Limpar

He's not as technical as Ibra but has a funtctional technique which gets him into position very easily, or at least it looks like it. Anyway, swedish newspapers report it's more or less a done deal that he's off to Ajax this summer. But Malmö could still wait on bigger offers from bigger clubs...apparently Everton is interested as well...

Asterix

Established Member
Just read somewhere he's off to Ajax for 5m euros - sorry can't remember where I read it to get the link - one of the usual sites though

Latest posts+

Top Bottom