• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marouane Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you bring me Fellaini and Pellegrini in midfield I'll be ecstatic. Fellaini on a free as long as he isn't our only CM signing is a no brainer.

Stannis

If you bring me Fellaini and Pellegrini in midfield I'll be ecstatic. Fellaini on a free as long as he isn't our only CM signing is a no brainer.

How is it a no brainer? Not trying to be agro just trying to understand. He hasn’t played well as a CM for years.

If we bring him in it will essentially be as a 4th choice centre forward on a 100 k plus

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How is it a no brainer? Not trying to be agro just trying to understand. He hasn’t played well as a CM for years.

If we bring him in it will essentially be as a 4th choice centre forward on a 100 k plus

He played very well there the season before last for United when he had a substantial run of games in the side.

Its a no brainer on a free transfer. Certainly wouldn't be 4th choice centre forward either.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I thought about this last night wood be great business.
Think he is a bully and would be great for us for that role specifically. That said not sure how many more Man U/Mourinho cast offs I can take and see fail, suspect Mourinho and Fergie were laughing at us and Wenger for Silvestre, Gallas.
Still scarred by those two signings and to a lesser extent Welbeck who has been ok but a sign of where we were under Wenger....

Stannis

He played very well there the season before last for United when he had a substantial run of games in the side.

Its a no brainer on a free transfer. Certainly wouldn't be 4th choice centre forward either.

he started 5 pl games. how is that a substantial run?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Think he is a bully and would be great for us for that role specifically. That said not sure how many more Man U/Mourinho cast offs I can take and see fail, suspect Mourinho and Fergie were laughing at us and Wenger for Silvestre, Gallas.
Still scarred by those two signings and to a lesser extent Welbeck who has been ok but a sign of where we were under Wenger....
But free he has pl experience, presence on a 2 year deal why not.

shootxhakashoot

But free he has pl experience, presence on a 2 year deal why not.
totally agree. although suspect we should have signed this guy from Everton when he was good there and didnt because our manager was only interested in five foot nothing midgets who could keep a high pass stat ratio. My gut feeling is we only get players either too late or when they are on the downer, or have attitude problems like Gallas (but hey make him captain and blow the title because he is french of course!!) from Mourinho/Utd and other clubs we are competing with.
That said he is on a free so not like they are flogging off their waste onto us and despite any other weaknesses he would toughen us up, and give us a massive bonus presence at defensive and offensive corners.
So yep probably win win as the type of player Ive wanted at the club for over ten years.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Strange how the "he's free, so it's worth a punt" in being used here and in the Gervinho Mk. II thread. If Old Wenga was still in charge, many of those who are up for this would be going OTT about it "ffs wenga!".

Nothing against them being brought in on a free. I think Lichsteiner's 1+1 deal is a good piece of business, while Sokratis might be even better if we can get rid of Mustafi for another defender (it's where I'd put most of our funds at).

What I am against tho, is occupying squad places that will keep us from adding to the team next window and the one after and - to an extent - keep developing players from getting game time.

We've just started culling some of our deadwood players, let's trim some more of the fat before we go back to McDonalds.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Midfield bully enforcer to harass any1 who lays hands on mesut / auba / laca etc. What's not to love?
This isn't hockey though. If you have an enforcer then they should have something to offer on the footballing front, especially if they're going to command high wages.

shootxhakashoot

Strange how the "he's free, so it's worth a punt" in being used here and in the Gervinho Mk. II thread. If Old Wenga was still in charge, many of those who are up for this would be going OTT about it "ffs wenga!".

Nothing against them being brought in on a free. I think Lichsteiner's 1+1 deal is a good piece of business, while Sokratis might be even better if we can get rid of Mustafi for another defender (it's where I'd put most of our funds at).

What I am against tho, is occupying squad places that will keep us from adding to the team next window and the one after and - to an extent - keep developing players from getting game time.

We've just started culling some of our deadwood players, let's trim some more of the fat before we go back to McDonalds.
That point is irrelevant though as Wenger would never have signed that type of player in the latter years. Name me one central midfielder Wenger has signed and played regularly in the last 15 years of the same physically, brute strength and pure size of Fellaini and I will gladly tip my hat to you. Dont think you can, because he didnt, mores the pity.
It not about occupying squad positions, hes a different type of player to the physically weak, mentally weak sometimes utter pygmies we have been signing in the middle of the park.
He's also played in the premier league and can more than deal with the crap that the northern clubs put on us every time we play away from home and give back as hard. That is something that is needed in this squad. Desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom