• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marouane Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I'm on the fence about this. He's the kind of player that you hate playing against and he's a good option to have in your squad, but he's Fellaini FFS.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
This isn't hockey though. If you have an enforcer then they should have something to offer on the footballing front, especially if they're going to command high wages.
Hockeys way too posh for the likes of Fellaini. Can you imagine his bouffant running around on the fields of Eton....? ;)

Last edited:

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'm on the fence about this. He's the kind of player that you hate playing against and he's a good option to have in your squad, but he's Fellaini FFS.
Thing is i think hes been shoe horned into the team. Im not a fan by no means but if he would help us bully teams then il take him, not as a starter either by the way.

Reactions: Jae

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That point is irrelevant though as Wenger would never have signed that type of player in the latter years. Name me one central midfielder Wenger has signed and played regularly in the last 15 years of the same physically, brute strength and pure size of Fellaini and I will gladly tip my hat to you. Dont think you can, because he didnt, mores the pity.
It not about occupying squad positions, hes a different type of player to the physically weak, mentally weak sometimes utter pygmies we have been signing in the middle of the park.
He's also played in the premier league and can more than deal with the crap that the northern clubs put on us every time we play away from home and give back as hard. That is something that is needed in this squad. Desperately.

Wasn't Xhaka brought in just so we'd have good build up play AND height/phisicality from a deeper position? Plus there's the whole "Granit would've gotten a red card" meme...

He's just a bad football player who'd be in big wages (Arsenal-wise) and whom we'd be stuck for at least two of the three years of contract we'd be giving him. We've plenty of players who can do it on a cold night at stoke (Özil, aside), this travesty of a season aside, our away record had little to do with Stoke etc.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
We've plenty of players who can do it on a cold night at stoke (Özil, aside), this travesty of a season aside, our away record had little to do with Stoke etc.
According to a few people Xhaka was bought to be a sort of deep lying ball player not an aggressive ball winner and he hasnt proven to be an aggressive ball winner or a good deep lying midfielder, whether that is down to tactics and his positioning/responsibilities is in another thread methinks but there it is. If that was the intention with him it failed miserably. Also dont think Xhaka has anywhere near the height or physicality of Fellaini either. Going by height alone hes a good ten cm shorter than Fellaini and its visible in Xhakas play as well that hes not that imposing physically but he is bloody durable which is a good thing. Id like to see him alongside a Fellaini type profile of player physically and see how it goes.
As for the above statement, again I would ask who these players are that cope/excel so well in this situation, present season and over the Wenger years. This season has been truly awful but that has been our Achilles heel for years and years not being able to cope with the winter months and its because of the type of player that have been crammed ad hoc into the side paying the temperature and conditions of England no mind whatsover. We have for years and years struggled as soon as the cold weather comes on and had to go north of Watford. Its just happened all season this season REGARDLESS of weather and AGAINST Watford hahaha.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Pires is talking out of his arse. I presume he wants his free loader access to continue post Wenger. Dude never leaves Colney.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Pires is talking out of his arse. I presume he wants his free loader access to continue post Wenger. Dude never leaves Colney.

He was quoted as saying he’d be willing to work with Emery and act as a bridge between the players. The bloke is desperate to keep his Colney access :lol:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Pure snobbery utd ruined him
he was the same player at everton, there are no secrets with him you know what you get. he is a very easy player to understand and his level never really dropped at united, they found him very usefull actually in certain games.

im not saying that he is the answer to our midfield.
I think the answer is inside the club already.

but on a free... i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom