• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Marquinhos of São Paulo FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Might turn out the next Martinelli. Might not. We’ll see. But I like the idea of a prospect that can develop at RW/RM more than having a player Pepe’s age collecting dust.

Let's play Aubamawang

Confirmation that we took advantage of a contract situation to get him cheap.

I'm all for a bargain, but I'm not sure it's worth saving a few million and pissing Sao Paulo off in the process as they won't do business with us again. Seems like a silly way to shoot ourselves in the foot, long term.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm all for a bargain, but I'm not sure it's worth saving a few million and passing Sao Paulo off in the process as they won't do business with us again. Seems like a silly way to shoot ourselves in the foot, long term.
Yeah I definitely agree but from what I can piece together online I don't get the sense that the are pissed with us as such - it more seems like they made a major error with his contract. The deal with Arsenal allows them to recoup some fees without losing him for free.

I'm not even sure we'll see him play for us to be honest. His stats and videos don't look that special to me - would be good to hear from a Sao Paolo fan but feels like we might try to develop him through loans and then sell for a profit.

Let's play Aubamawang

Yeah I definitely agree but from what I can piece together online I don't get the sense that the are pissed with us as such - it more seems like they made a major error with his contract. The deal with Arsenal allows them to recoup some fees without losing him for free.

I'm not even sure we'll see him play for us to be honest. His stats and videos don't look that special to me - would be good to hear from a Sao Paolo fan but feels like we might try to develop him through loans and then sell for a profit.
It's hard to judge him from a few YouTube videos in Brazil as every player stands out in that league, but some significant talent spotters in that area seem to be high on him, so he must have something special about him. Only time will tell, but he may surprise us.

Arsenio Venger

I'm all for a bargain, but I'm not sure it's worth saving a few million and pissing Sao Paulo off in the process as they won't do business with us again. Seems like a silly way to shoot ourselves in the foot, long term.
Bullshit. If Juventus came knocking on their door with a 50 year payment offer, they'd be sucking their dicks. All this talk from them is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom