• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Marquinhos of São Paulo FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinFish

Edu insists on paying $3.5 milly for Marquinhos when we could have got him for free.

Seriously, who the **** gives him this authority?
No doubt edu the clown will get some form of rebate from Sao Paulo.

It's clear as day Edu mainly thinks about his own personal interests. Unfortunately the owners are too busy in America to even bother on checking up on the situation here at Arsenal.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is dodgy as hell. Sadly the dumb Americans in charge will fall for it. Establish presence in Brazil lool

Yeah this looks well ropey :lol:

Just waiting for us to get a transfer ban over this.

TinFish

Was never a big deal to begin with
Of course it's a big deal. $3.5 million is a lot to pay for simply establishing a good relationship in Brazil. Edu is a Brazilian anyway ffs.

This is the same club that only put £1 on top to prise Suarez away from Liverpool :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Of course it's a big deal. $3.5 million is a lot to pay for simply establishing a good relationship in Brazil. Edu is a Brazilian anyway ffs.

This is the same club that only put £1 on top to prise Suarez away from Liverpool :lol:
No, it's not. Stop assigning your agenda to everything. This is a small price to pay aka cost of doing business type of deal.

TinFish

No, it's not. Stop assigning your agenda to everything. This is a small price to pay aka cost of doing business type of deal.
Rubbish. Money talks out there, if man city wanted the star player in Brazil we were after the highest bidder will win. This is the same club that got shafted by Raul. You don't realise how much corruption there is in football pal.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is old news ffs.
I'm no fan of Edu but this is a total non-story.

There are multiple reports of what happened here - he signed an essentially illegal contract extension with Sao Paolo and we offered a small fee to avoid them losing the player on a free transfer. It's a Suarez situation which is contractually ambiguous - the deal benefitted all parties as a way out. The quote is very unfortunate but it's probably out of context. He's not going to just admit fraud to a reporter anyway is he :lol:

The Wolves stuff sounds a bit more worrying but surely that's on the player or his agent. Can't see how it would come back to Arsenal or why we would risk it tbh

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I mean, give them money to make sure we sign him, no problem there, but this whole good relationship angle is a bit flawed.

Money talks here. Their academy is only ok and if push came to shove on another player we only need to bid higher than other clubs and hope the player chooses us over them.

You lot need to realize most brazillian clubs are broke as ****. São Paulo had a bad campaign and came close to being relegated last year.

You offer them a wad of cash and they see an opportunity to go up the table and maybe even get a spot at the libertadores if there's enough time.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm no fan of Edu but this is a total non-story.

There are multiple reports of what happened here - he signed an essentially illegal contract extension with Sao Paolo and we offered a small fee to avoid them losing the player on a free transfer. It's a Suarez situation which is contractually ambiguous - the deal benefitted all parties as a way out. The quote is very unfortunate but it's probably out of context. He's not going to just admit fraud to a reporter anyway is he :lol:

The Wolves stuff sounds a bit more worrying but surely that's on the player or his agent. Can't see how it would come back to Arsenal or why we would risk it tbh
If he signed an illegal contract with São Paulo, then it’s a void contract and we can sign him on free. I think he did sign a deal with wolves and we want him and hope by paying a fee for him, his club will help us argue he was misguided in signing for wolves. And add him refusing to go to wolves we take the player as long as we pay wolves a small fee as well

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
If he signed an illegal contract with São Paulo, then it’s a void contract and we can sign him on free. I think he did sign a deal with wolves and we want him and hope by paying a fee for him, his club will help us argue he was misguided in signing for wolves. And add him refusing to go to wolves we take the player as long as we pay wolves a small fee as well
It's all speculation at the end of the day but a contract can be technically in breach of some association rules but maybe none of the parties fancied testing that in court. We should know more about the Wolves stuff in time. I think the board and Kroenke etc might have something to say about a £3m goodwill payment though don't you? It's not like Edu can just spend without anyone checking up on him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's all speculation at the end of the day but a contract can be technically in breach of some association rules but maybe none of the parties fancied testing that in court. We should know more about the Wolves stuff in time. I think the board and Kroenke etc might have something to say about a £3m goodwill payment though don't you? It's not like Edu can just spend without anyone checking up on him
true, a lot we don’t know. But one thing is for sure. No club hands over 3 million for future friendship. Even though it’s not illegal to spend money on player that has 1 month left on his deal you can sign for free. For me the fact that we even talking to his club is red flag. Clubs don’t talk to player that has month left on his deal and just deal with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom