• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Marquinhos: A No Marq?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Seriously though, in the games I’ve seen (couple of u21 games and highlights of yesterday) he doesn’t run or dribble at players. It may be that he’s too nervous and just wants to do the basics but he’ll have to do more than cut in and cross like a favela Townsend if he’s to make it here.
Podolski wannabe

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Could be cultural differences. Off the mark over here means they're playing poorly lacking accuracy.

That's not at all what it means. "Off the mark" is a common phrase for getting your first goal, point, run etc. in a variety of sports.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
That's not at all what it means. "Off the mark" is a common phrase for getting your first goal, point, run etc. in a variety of sports.
It's also a common phrase for quarterbacks who can't throw, shooters in basketball/hockey who miss shots, pitchers who can't locate their pitches hence cultural differences. We're good now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I said before I'd rather give Marquinhos game time than waste aload money on talented players such as Raphina and Neto for a back up RW and use the money for priotry postion upgrades.

Mystic Mitch Strikes again!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I said before I'd rather give Marquinhos game time than waste aload money on talented players such as Raphina and Neto for a back up RW and use the money for priotry postion upgrades.

Mystic Markstar>>>Mystic Mitch

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I remember one of the moderators here laughing at me and acting all smart, after I said this kid won't go on loan...

all quiet now

Arsenal4life14

Looked decent nothing spectacular, the finish was good and the assist was a good pass, But he will need to do more in putting fear into teams. The same with Saka, He takes the easy option far too much for my liking. Both of them should be looking at Salah and watch how he attacks the defense at any chance he gets.

SK___

or why not both? as much as I like what I’ve seen of marquinhos, he still holds down the cho role in our squad, prob won’t get any pl minutes this season either…

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Love this from Fabrizio the don @A__G

Top stuff.

Fabrizio putting out an interesting tweet:

Fb04VzAWYAIskmF

6666Louis

Positive first outing,

One game told us a lot:
– Intelligence: He has football IQ, picked his moments and almost never lost the ball – which is paramount. Pepe left because he kept losing the ball
– Passionate: Rarely seen a player crying when scoring – He wants this so much, like Martinelli
– Humility: This is not a Neymar, Robinho, Fat Ronaldo (who I love) type Brazilian who is born with extreme talent, but doesn't work. Humility is why you get get better and better during your career.
– Hard Worker: He also worked hard defensively, which is necessary in the future of football

What Youtube told us:
– Strong, quick and hits a ball well.

What is to be seen:
– Is his technique and speed of thought up there to compete with the best? (funnily it's the main qualities of Fabio)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Does he know we have europa football,domestic cups and the 5 sub rule?
And now The Sun claims that Arsenal boss Arteta is prepared to loan out Marquinhos in the January transfer window to give him regular game time.

The Gunners are ‘still considering a January loan deal’ despite his brilliant display in Switzerland but he ‘will only be allowed to leave if manager Mikel Arteta can sign another winger in the next transfer window’.

Pop Tart

Established Member
And now The Sun claims that Arsenal boss Arteta is prepared to loan out Marquinhos in the January transfer window to give him regular game time.

The Gunners are ‘still considering a January loan deal’ despite his brilliant display in Switzerland but he ‘will only be allowed to leave if manager Mikel Arteta can sign another winger in the next transfer window’.

Arteta overplays his regulars. Injury and fatigue etc happen. Surely this lad can come on in games late on and affect things?

Top Bottom