• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

254Giant

Player:Partey
I think he'd rather return to Sociedad. He was great to watch with Monreal, Oyarzabal and the rest last season. I don't know why we can't just go all in for Buendia. He's not the glamour signing people want but I think he's one of those we'll be talking about "we almost signed him" in a few years.
Any of Ødegaard/Buendia/Sabitzer/Grealish (no chance) in the summer or now and I would be happy.

Iceman10

Established Member
Feel like i've time warped back into 2016/2017 when he was the dogs danglies in norway.

Unconvinced by this one....but we need a Creative signing. We won't pay the £40m for Buendia, Madrid would probaly ask for the same if they want an obligation for the mbappe money.

A buy clause would be ok, give it a half season loan to assess him, including any doubts over his athleticism. If he doesn’t look the part not much harm done and ESR will be developing at the same time. I can see Real Sociedad and Villarreal being competition for this, the only question is if Real Madrid thinks those clubs are a bit too high and close in the La Liga table for them.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

WTF? They could have at least gave us a couple of days of dreaming about this before crushing it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think he'd rather return to Sociedad. He was great to watch with Monreal, Oyarzabal and the rest last season. I don't know why we can't just go all in for Buendia. He's not the glamour signing people want but I think he's one of those we'll be talking about "we almost signed him" in a few years.
Any of Ødegaard/Buendia/Sabitzer/Grealish (no chance) in the summer or now and I would be happy.

My thinking on Buendia is that he definitely raises our floor, but i'm not sure if he raises our ceiling, y'know.

Iceman10

Established Member
6 month loan without an option to buy is the only likely scenario imo. Doubt Real are willing to offload him when they're clearly going to pursue Haaland in the summer.

Real Madrid might want to keep him, but that doesn’t mean they will this summer when they are chasing big money marquee signings and have to find the funds. Question is if we will have the funds, but I think there is a decent chance Real Madrid will be selling this summer, regardless of where he goes on loan for the next few months.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I have no logically reason for thinking this but there's something about him that makes me think he wouldn't suit the PL.

Still, you wouldn't say no. Looks like he's going back to Sociedad anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom