• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Every single attacking midfielder has games like this. KDB has had plenty of games like this and Bruno has games like this every 2nd day(Don`t even get me started on Maddison from this perspective).

Because AM watches Ode every time every single action of his gets analyzed too much by some people. Yesterday for example, every single attacking player was not great and Ode was actually very good at keeping the ball in our own half. It has nothing to do with PSV because he has played very well in many big games.

I've never said Ødegaard doesn't perform in big games though. I can't quite nail why he has these kind of appearances like Lens, Sp**s and late half of last season but it does happen.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The problem with Ødegaard's performances is that he's shouldering a large amount of creative responsibility and it doesn't take much to remove him as a factor in swing games. For a player of his undoubtable quality, it's too easy to get him out the paint.

I really, really don't want to rag on Havertz but it would be nice to have another player in there who had a more creative edge to take some of the heat off of Ødegaard. Zinchenko isn't really the guy mainly because as much as he passes the ball really well, his dribbling isn't as good as people think it is. Someone who's a release valve in possession would be ideal.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The problem with Ødegaard's performances is that he's shouldering a large amount of creative responsibility and it doesn't take much to remove him as a factor in swing games. For a player of his undoubtable quality, it's too easy to get him out the paint.

I really, really don't want to rag on Havertz but it would be nice to have another player in there who had a more creative edge to take some of the heat off of Ødegaard. Zinchenko isn't really the guy mainly because as much as he passes the ball really well, his dribbling isn't as good as people think it is. Someone who's a release valve in possession would be ideal.
Right now, Vieira seems the best suited to take that responsibility and maybe ESR after if he can stand up to the physical demands. It also doesn't help that Martinelli's absence means we only stretch the pitch on the right side and teams don't really have to worry about Trossard or Jesus hurting them on the wing. It was a big mistake not going for a player like Diaby to give us that 2nd player to be a genuine threat in behind with his pace.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Fully agree. He plays with 2 midfielders who don’t have any creativity and any creativity they add is seen as bonus. All of last season I been saying if he had a player next to him who could share creative responsibility with him he would be even better. So we remove xhaka and gave him havertz. The guy can’t catch break. Only way people will appreciate him is if gets injured for 2 months and they have to watch rest of the guys run the midfield

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Right now, Vieira seems the best suited to take that responsibility and maybe ESR after if he can stand up to the physical demands. It also doesn't help that Martinelli's absence means we only stretch the pitch on the right side and teams don't really have to worry about Trossard or Jesus hurting them on the wing. It was a big mistake not going for a player like Diaby to give us that 2nd player to be a genuine threat in behind with his pace.

Goddamn you got me daydreaming about P. Vieira next to Ødegaard with Rice behind in the 6 role 🤤

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
He lacks physicality in certain type of games imo.

He struggles with that plus any team who employs a high press, he gets swallowed up too easily. Lacks the dynamism to get away with it or the ball carrying ability to be elusive with it. Plus his lack of right foot further hinders him as he possesses terrible angle bias, thus unable to overlap/underlap.

Can he turn up this Sunday without City fielding Bernardo/KDB/Gungodan/Rodri?

He gets space most of the time because of Saka who always attracts several players towards him. Can he play well without Saka? I don't think so but Saka can play well without Ødegaard, that's a fact.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He struggles with that plus any team who employs a high press, he gets swallowed up too easily. Lacks the dynamism to get away with it or the ball carrying ability to be elusive with it. Plus his lack of right foot further hinders him as he possesses terrible angle bias, thus unable to overlap/underlap.

He gets space most of the time because of Saka who always attracts several players towards him. Can he play well without Saka? I don't think so but Saka can play well without Ødegaard, that's a fact.
Bernardo is back as he started today. Ødegaard is playing with worse midfield than city. Let’s see what the other 2 midfielders do. Can our 100 million midfielder dominate the midfield without Rodri?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bernardo is back as he started today. Ødegaard is playing with worse midfield than city. Let’s see what the other 2 midfielders do. Can our 100 million midfielder dominate the midfield without Rodri?
Depends if his captain wants the ball or if he’ll hide in a big game as usual. Odds are ‘Martin’ will put in his usual performance against City and gift them a goal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Depends if his captain wants the ball or if he’ll hide in a big game as usual. Odds are ‘Martin’ will put in his usual performance against City and gift them a goal.

‘Martin’ 🤣🤣

On the Ødegaard bingo card after his not so great Lens outing I’m going to predict a good showing against City. We’re at home as well.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

‘Martin’ 🤣🤣

On the Ødegaard bingo card after his not so great Lens outing I’m going to predict a good showing against City. We’re at home as well.
I think he’ll play scared as he always does against City. Get bullied.

blrgooner

Established Member

So all the other teams have to do is to employ a high press and its easy as that to neutralize him. Somehow none of the coaches seem to know this.
Idea that Ødegaard gets space because Saka attracts players is laughable IMO. Saka is the one I normally see in lots of space in every game ,is it possible that Saka gets more space because Ødegaard attracts players near him?(Not my personal opinion).
He has turned up several times in big games. In fact he usually "turns up" mostly when the midfielders behind him have a half decent game. So I do expect him to play decently at least against City.
I mean he got dispossessed once against Lens. He was not even that bad. Just that people here have made an impression about him before and just want to keep confirming that opinion whenever he doesnt have a 9/10 game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm telling you, white twink midfielders will be our downfall, thought Ødegaard had the minerals, now I question it.

Real have Bellingham, Tchoumeni, Camavinga, those are ****ing midfielders. Kroos and Valverde ain't so pushovers either, allows them to play a diminutive white boi in Modric, who again has more balls than our twinkies.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
I'm telling you, white twink midfielders will be our downfall, thought Ødegaard had the minerals, now I question it.

Real have Bellingham, Tchoumeni, Camavinga, those are ****ing midfielders. Kroos and Valverde ain't so pushovers either, allows them to play a diminutive white boi in Modric, who again has more balls than our twinkies.
Wake n bake type of post this :lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Nah, can't have you crying about prejudice in another thread and then drop this absolute turd in this thread. Sort your sh!t out.

Legend14

Established Member
You have to be able to bypass Ødegaard this match, he will be marked out of it.

Partey and Rice will work with front three.

Lineup

White Saliba Gabriel Tomi
Partey Rice
Ødegaard
Jesus Havertz Nelson

or

Saka Havertz Jesus … if Saka plays.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ødegaard of late is starting to receive deeper, I've seen him dropping into our second phase more to help us move the ball through the central areas better. This has been helpful to our cause.

We still need to completely learn to play without both TP5 and Zinchenko this season. Ødegaard represents a shift from that, in addition to having him give us deeper progression of the ball when both of the players I've also mentioned are available.

Our most important player in the team, he has the ability to be controlling of our tempo, be vertical and possibly now work as an in game distributing six as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom