• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Dreadful performance... Wanted to see him in the same role Modric plays so effectively at 36 but I guess the difference in quality is too big

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thought he really struggled tonight. Couldn't influence the attacking or defensive phases and the game mostly passed him by. ESR was producing most of the forward link play and individual skill even though his final ball was pretty poor as well. Haven't seen Ødegaard play well in the deeper role yet unfortunately. With Sambi's form and Xhaka's injury it leaves a problem in midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Back to back games now poor i always said we brought him to give us more protection with ball and create chances so far he done non last 2 games he need to wake up and i understand he playing in position he never played in but not good

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's harsh to judge this lad too severely. He's had 1 full season at a decent level in his entire career, and is playing a complete new position.

It beggars belief Arteta didn't sign a proper number 8 if 433 was the plan this season. I usually don't like to question the core football knowledge of managers (or guys at the top of their field in any profession), but how do you go I to a season with ESR and Ødegaard as your 2 options in those positions!? They haven't even mastered the positions they've been playing all their careers up to date, and you expect them to do the job in midfield in the PL? It's madness.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Have to remind myself that he’s a young player too.

The PL is physically punishing and he’s going to have his work cut out for him as someone who is quite slow, stiff and weak.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be a success but I look at ESR and he’s having such an easier time of things simply because he’s more athletic.

Last edited:

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Spent all summer waiting for this guy and he’s not even that good. Decent at times, but we certainly don’t have a wonderkid on our hands.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Have to remind myself that he’s a young player too.

The PL is physically punishing and he’s going to have his work cut out for him as someone who is quite slow, stiff and weak.

Doesn’t mean he can’t be a success but I look at ESR and he’s having such an easier time of things due to his athleticism.

Isn’t this what we criticised Dani Ceballos for lacking? The PL feasts on players who lack those basic attributes.

If I’m keeping it real, he shouldn’t have been a priority last summer and neither should we have signed Ben White too. That 80m we spent could have been used on a quality CM and a wide player.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t this what we criticised Dani Ceballos for lacking? The PL feasts on players who lack those basic attributes.
Yeah pretty much. You have to be a big time baller to succeed in the PL without some quickness, strength or agility.

Genuinely can’t think of a successful midfield player without at least one of the three in the PL. It’s made even worse by the fact he’s very one footed.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We seriously lack guy like Santi just too good with both his feets and unfazed by the press alot of players these days just don't have these abilities in PL only pogba and Bernardo Silva are similar because they insane good with ball. Ødegaard still not when you need 2 touches to sort yourself things will be more difficult.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah pretty much. You have to be a big time baller to succeed in the PL without some quickness, strength or agility.

Genuinely can’t think of a successful midfield player without at least one of the three in the PL. It’s made even worse by the fact he’s very one footed.
He plays a bit like Christian Eriksen who had all of those weaknesses and still did well. Goal aside he hasn't really done much since signing though and it's a bit of a worry. Still think he'll come good but ...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Had I known that our major summer signings would have been Ødegaard and Ben White then I wouldn’t have been against @OnlyOne boy Ruben Neves or even any other half decent CM.

Having ESR and Ødegaard playing in the same team is a bit pointless as it just doesn’t seem balanced and that has cost us defensively as we’re unable to control games therefore having to sit back and drop deep.

Actually quite surprised that Arteta banked on Xhaka fitness and a kid to fill in for Partey whilst he’s at the AFCON. A schoolboy error which will ultimately cost him.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He plays a bit like Christian Eriksen who had all of those weaknesses and still did well. Goal aside he hasn't really done much since signing though and it's a bit of a worry. Still think he'll come good but ...
I don’t see the comparison with Eriksen at all tbh. Eriksen was sharp and agile, played higher on the wing or as a true 10 but wasn’t very good at finding unexpected timings or options unlike odegaarde, Eriksen basically capitalised on whatever was made for him. My position on Ode has already been stated but I think the Cesc comparison works best, much worse though.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Some people at this forum mock Buendia because he has been poor but in terms of goals/assists there is no difference between him and Ødegaard in the Premier League. 1 goal each and thats it.

Zaza

Not suited to playing deep. 2 bad games. He's young and will only get better. People need to chill out.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not suited to playing deep. 2 bad games. He's young and will only get better. People need to chill out.
Playing deep is where we need him the most. His output as a 10 won't be enough for big things, only for the mid table

Top Bottom