• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
not really convinced he will improve on the same arch as most 22 year olds... the guy is coming up to 250 senior games, already had 35 caps & a list of injuries

only young in age & if anything looks a little less dynamic now

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Some people at this forum mock Buendia because he has been poor but in terms of goals/assists there is no difference between him and Ødegaard in the Premier League. 1 goal each and thats it.

This is the thing.

A-M "Oh Maddison has started the season poorly bullet dodged"

"Buendia hasn't done anything for Villa yet don't know what the fuss was about"

"Willock hasn't had the same impact for Newcastle we did well to sell him"

Also A-M "We have to give Ødegaard time can't judge him yet.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope we stop playing as number 8 play Elneny Lokonga or AMN because these are thier positions and very used in it. Ødegaard never played as number 8 or central mid against Burnley he wasn't that good too he is creative playmaker and he was doing acceptable job in it forcing him and ESR in the side clearly hurting the balance it even create confusion between him and ESR when attacking .

GDeep™

League is very weak
41tuk+uEH-L.jpg

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This is the thing.

A-M "Oh Maddison has started the season poorly bullet dodged"

"Buendia hasn't done anything for Villa yet don't know what the fuss was about"

"Willock hasn't had the same impact for Newcastle we did well to sell him"

Also A-M "We have to give Ødegaard time can't judge him yet.
Basically we were f**cked whatever we did in the transfer window... Wish I could take back those 1500 posts now, feel the time could have been better used. Maybe learning the guitar or something?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Worst game for us so far. Looked lightweight and constantly had the ball pinched off him (so did all the other players in fairness).

Wasn’t able to affect the game offensively at all…although I am leaning towards Arteta’s cowardly tactics being the cause of this more than anything else.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Basically we were f**cked whatever we did in the transfer window... Wish I could take back those 1500 posts now, feel the time could have been better used. Maybe learning the guitar or something?

Still think that Buendia would have been a better signing than Ødegaard, cause Buendia's all round game is better and he could fill in for the wings. Even though he's overpriced at 40 mil you could still have no problems finding a role for him in our squad. Ødegaard is like Özil, you need to build your team around him to get the best out of him but problem is he is nowhere near as good as Özil. So I am not sure what we can do about him cause if we don't play him he's useless. We can't expect him to come off the bench and make big impacts.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Still think that Buendia would have been a better signing than Ødegaard, cause Buendia's all round game is better and he could fill in for the wings. Ødegaard is like Özil, you need to build your team around him to get the best out of him but problem is he is nowhere near as good as Özil. So I am not sure what we can do about him cause if we don't play him he's useless. We can't expect him to come off the bench and make big impacts.
I wanted Buendia as well, but joking aside it's too early to judge either of them yet. Hopefully Ode can shape up quickly. I don't think the 4-3-3 is working though. ESR on the right seems less effective and Ødegaard has looked so average there as well (and for Norway according to @GoonerJeeves )

nick gould

I am having some serious concerns about a lot of the players signed by Arteta. You get the feeling they were signed because of their ability to follow Arteta's instructions rather than ability. That was my main concern when we signed this fellow. He doesn't look like an upgrade on Smith Rowe. In my opinion, they should fight for the same starting spot. May the better player win in the end.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Poor game against Palace Jury still out on if the deeper role suits him. It was an attacking move by the manager that unfortunately didnt really pay off.
tbf ESR had a poor game also as did others.

Xorspy

Ødegaard not good enough. Too lightweight, never looks like he can score, no wonder RM didn't fight to keep him and we were the only team after him. Subbed for 2 games in a row now after contributing zilch. Playing with him is like playing with 10men. Lacazette must start next game with Ødegaard on the bench to have any chance against villa next

OSBK

Established Member
Did anyone expect Ødegaard to come to league and boss city? No

Did we expect him to boss brighton and palace? Yes

For all the hype this kid regardless of age should be in his element against sides like palace and brighton. I think he is a very good player just in the wrong league.

Maybe newcastle need a number 10?

Haphazard

The thing is when people were expressing doubts we were told he had an outstanding spell here despite scoring 1 goal and 1 assist in 14 games. That's how you know the club is on a downward trajectory when the standards have fallen so low that it was considered a good loan spell.

ArtetaOut

What's your issue with blonde hair lol? But anyway, Ødegaard was always mediocre and perennially overhyped by the Cone Boy fanboys. He had 2 goals and 2 assists in 29 matches last season ffs. Definitely not the sort of level you would expect from a top-class player. Even Willian had a better goals involved per match ratio just imagine that. There's a reason why both Zidane and Ancelotti were willing to dispense with him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

He’s pissing me off with how safe he plays it. Noticed it too many times with him, really need to take more risks in his game and be more forward thinking.
But, but our forwards are all poor...

The funny thing was his transfer, I think there was not a single Arsenal fan excited about the transfer, at best you would say OK

Top Bottom