• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

GDeep™

League is very weak
AMs next scapegoat? Except he actually has bags of talent and can control a ball so I wouldn’t hedge your bets against him too quickly.

He will come good over the next few seasons.
So we signed him for development? Not against that, but I thought he was coming in now to do the business.

Fabregasm

Won't go into his ball possession yet but thought he was quite shocking on his marking when he came on, he was running infront of their players like headless chicken and getting turned inside out. The same player last season was winning so much balls in my midfield and effectively pressuring the opponents.

He pretty much just did a Ceballos 2nd season effect so far just that we signed him instead.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ødegaard played well in this match as opposed to last couple where I thought he was poor. He is not in my best 11, but he can be a viable option when we are struggling to create anything from midfield or as a squad player. To me now that we have née young players that are doing the business he is in a group of 6 players or so that we can sell now to fund another 120 million worth of buys without missing them that much: Bellerin, Guendouzi, Leno, Ødegaard, Laca or Pepe not enough minutes for both those big salaries, potentially Chambers, Xhaka, and Cedric. Because we bought players that can play we now have marketable players that can be used to get more help to build a real powerhouse. We could sell 5 or 6 of those still pretty young and quality to fund adding maybe a more established number 10, a back up keeper and back up striker if they don’t want to give Eddie a run. He is a useful player with some upside but I don’t see him cracking the central midfield but if we sell Xhaka we will need him as a squad player

Xanth

Thought he played well. Helped mitigate the Leicester pressure a bit and also created a few good chances.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Won't go into his ball possession yet but thought he was quite shocking on his marking when he came on, he was running infront of their players like headless chicken and getting turned inside out.
Noticed this as well, he did it in the last match as well. It's one of those issues that he needs to sort out to rediscover some form. Hopefully it's something the coaches pick up and work on.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ødegaard played well in this match as opposed to last couple where I thought he was poor. He is not in my best 11, but he can be a viable option when we are struggling to create anything from midfield or as a squad player. To me now that we have née young players that are doing the business he is in a group of 6 players or so that we can sell now to fund another 120 million worth of buys without missing them that much: Bellerin, Guendouzi, Leno, Ødegaard, Laca or Pepe not enough minutes for both those big salaries, potentially Chambers, Xhaka, and Cedric. Because we bought players that can play we now have marketable players that can be used to get more help to build a real powerhouse. We could sell 5 or 6 of those still pretty young and quality to fund adding maybe a more established number 10, a back up keeper and back up striker if they don’t want to give Eddie a run. He is a useful player with some upside but I don’t see him cracking the central midfield but if we sell Xhaka we will need him as a squad player
We didn't massively overpay for him so not super worried. Plus he seems to be a bit out of form. He will get his minutes I am sure and hopefully his performances can start improving.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think people give Ødegaard a hard time because of his fee, even though I still think he's a bargain, and that he joined from Madrid. Did we buy him as a fully formed player who must be a starter? No! We bought him because he's young, has huge talent and good experience for his age. I was one who wanted him back as soon as he returned to Madrid and nothing has changed. Yes he needs to toughen up but that'll come with age and PL experience. I expect Ødegaard to be a success with Arsenal.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ode is OK, nothing special but not bad either.

What bothers me is that our recruitment is not aligned with the academy, there's a couple of technical midfielders coming out and we've made a long term investment in Ode, which basically ruins their chances at Arsenal. Even AMN who is finally finding his form in CM gets ignored in favor of Ode.

There is too much personal involvement from Arteta in this whole deal

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He has plenty of time to prove to be a quality signing.

Young, first full season in the Prem, talented...seen enough to think he will definitely be a good player here.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My main problem with Ødegaard is there's nothing I can point to where I go "wow what a talent he is", besides a decent final pass. His movement isn't great, he's a bit passive at times with the ball, there's very little out of the box creativity with him (I mean maybe this isn't entirely his fault), there's very little that makes me think he's going to be this amazing player. And for your 10, you want amazing. As much as I give Fernandes a hard time, you always feel as though he can come up with something and this is a guy who's incredibly erratic and a lot of time pretty careless but there's still a bit of excitement when he gets the ball.

I'll try my best to be lenient with Ødegaard, I won't even bother commenting on him that much anymore, but he really needs to show me something.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Ode looked decent again when he came on, had moments against villa also in his cameo.
Think he benefits by playing further forward with the double pivot.
The experiment playing him deeper didnt really work.

Over the season & going forward his class will show.
Still super happy with him being here. Only reason he is not starting is that Laca & ESR are performing so well at the moment.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My main problem with Ødegaard is there's nothing I can point to where I go "wow what a talent he is", besides a decent final pass. His movement isn't great, he's a bit passive at times with the ball, there's very little out of the box creativity with him (I mean maybe this isn't entirely his fault), there's very little that makes me think he's going to be this amazing player. And for your 10, you want amazing. As much as I give Fernandes a hard time, you always feel as though he can come up with something and this is a guy who's incredibly erratic and a lot of time pretty careless but there's still a bit of excitement when he gets the ball.

I'll try my best to be lenient with Ødegaard, I won't even bother commenting on him that much anymore, but he really needs to show me something.
Good for you, as Ødegaard is over 4 years younger than Bruno and cost almost half less, while already being better defensively.

Bruno was kinda cheap though for how much he improved United.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Some good pressing but otherwise he was a ghost. It's not a good show when I wish Laca was still on the pitch.
He put at least two great timed pinpoint passes to the right side in the box, but yeah, let's forget that for the agenda.

Also Laca has been mostly great, like I have always said he can be.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom