• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Every attacking player we have is frustrating. Could it be the manager?
Could be?
I think Pepe will always be frustrating tbf & Auba if not getting service often will not add too much. Laca is far better at working with others.
The others are all very young players & will have off days.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Club needs to bring in TH14 for a couple of weeks to work with the attacking players.

Would love Thierry back!

But this would probably be awful, tbh...not the best man manager is our Thierry, more than likely he would be way too demanding for our bunch.

Thierry's death stare alone would terrify our whole team into never wanting to give the ball away, so no one would want to do anything risky :lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would love Thierry back!

But this would probably be awful, tbh...not the best man manager is our Thierry, more than likely he would be way too demanding for our bunch.

Thierry's death stare alone would terrify our whole team into never wanting to give the ball away, so no one would want to do anything risky :lol:
Was it not enough that he contributed to driving Reyes away?...Top player, but you wouldn't want him anywhere near our youngsters now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was it not enough that he contributed to driving Reyes away?...Top player, but you wouldn't want him anywhere near our youngsters now.

Never thought he would have made a good manager/coach, .don't think he has the right personality for it...hope he can do it though.

Always thought the Henry/Reyes thing was blown out of proportion, tbh.

Not saying they were best friends, but they always seemed to get on well on the pitch, Thierry was like that with everyone every now and then, was a demanding guy...Jose just couldn't settle in the county more than anything, I think.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Henry didn't drive him away. Being homesick and getting kicked to shreds by **** like Neville and Scholes with zero protection drove him away.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Henry didn't drive him away. Being homesick and getting kicked to shreds by **** like Neville and Scholes with zero protection drove him away.
"contributed to"

I agree that that he never took to life in England, and that the game at Old Trafford was a nasty one, but it certainly didn't help that Henry was scowling at him.

With the youngsters we have, I doubt Henry is the right one to have near. Honestly, it would probably be better with Freddie, Pires or even someone like Cazorla.

Batman

"contributed to"

I agree that that he never took to life in England, and that the game at Old Trafford was a nasty one, but it certainly didn't help that Henry was scowling at him.

With the youngsters we have, I doubt Henry is the right one to have near. Honestly, it would probably be better with Freddie, Pires or even someone like Cazorla.
Based on what evidence though? If you really believe that Henry making mean faces impacted a guy's desire to do a job then I'm not sure what to tell you. Didn't seem to hurt the likes of RvP and Fabregas. Now if you want to say maybe a warmer figure could have given him more of a reason to stay then ok but the idea that Henry had any part in him wanting to leave borders on ludicrous. To date, I'm not aware of any young player ever suggesting that he was intimidating any more than any great player who is at the level you aspire to be at. He was moody but I've never heard anyone say he was nasty or a bully and certainly not to the extent that he'd make someone want to leave the country.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Based on what evidence though? If you really believe that Henry making mean faces impacted a guy's desire to do a job then I'm not sure what to tell you. Didn't seem to hurt the likes of RvP and Fabregas. Now if you want to say maybe a warmer figure could have given him more of a reason to stay then ok but the idea that Henry had any part in him wanting to leave borders on ludicrous. To date, I'm not aware of any young player ever suggesting that he was intimidating any more than any great player who is at the level you aspire to be at. He was moody but I've never heard anyone say he was nasty or a bully and certainly not to the extent that he'd make someone want to leave the country.
We can probably run this in circles all we want for whatever time. My view is that Henry's position was such that he had a responsibility to take players under his wing. Especially players like Reyes that clearly needed it. I am not alluding to that he was "nasty or a bully", but that moodiness and coldness probably contributed to Reyes not feeling at home at Arsenal. That, in my view, shows that he probably does not have the social antennae to take young players under his wing, which was the original departure of this discussion.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Last week when Pepe was taking the free kicks and missing the target, I thought surely Ødegaard would be a good choice for free kicks. Lovely goal, I've been a fan since he came to us last season. Still so young and will only get better!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Very good game from my boy. Kept things ticking, played incisive passes through the lines, players some final balls which the attack messed up as usual and scored the game winning goal. This is his team now.

blrgooner

Established Member
Very good game from my boy. Kept things ticking, played incisive passes through the lines, players some final balls which the attack messed up as usual and scored the game winning goal. This is his team now.
Agree, I thought he had a good game even if we don`t consider the goal. He and Partey made things tick for us in the first half. Had a different job today compared to when we he plays no10 and did that job very well. Was the only player who was able to find decent weight on his passes consistently in the game.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
My mates who are madridistas and atléticos were asking me how Ødegaard is doing and who I would say is our best player currently and it really made me think: I couldn’t think of an honest answer other than to say him.

I suppose it’s between him, Thomas, White, and Saka (though Saka was really quite poor yesterday); but if I had to choose it would be him.

Fine, fine player, there is no one on the team i more want to see on the ball, who more fills me with confidence when he gets on the ball, who I am more confident of to make the right decision and add value to our possession in that moment.

Funny to think that the player who is arguably our best player is also the player that so many on this forum have talked so badly about over the last 9 months, who indeed a great portion (maybe even majority?) of this forum didn’t even want to sign.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Reyes was a mentally weak player who should never have left Spain in the first place nothing to do with Henry man just wanted to play for Madrid and couldn’t settle in England. Remember the radio show that tricked him into thinking he was off to Madrid?

I never liked or rated Reyes partially because I resented the fact that we allegedly couldn’t pay for Ronaldo and then proceeded to sign a much worse player in Reyes for more 6 months later.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
My mates who are madridistas and atléticos were asking me how Ødegaard is doing and who I would say is our best player currently and it really made me think: I couldn’t think of an honest answer other than to say him.

I suppose it’s between him, Thomas, White, and Saka (though Saka was really quite poor yesterday); but if I had to choose it would be him.

Fine, fine player, there is no one on the team i more want to see on the ball, who more fills me with confidence when he gets on the ball, who I am more confident of to make the right decision and add value to our possession in that moment.

Funny to think that the player who is arguably our best player is also the player that so many on this forum have talked so badly about over the last 9 months, who indeed a great portion (maybe even majority?) of this forum didn’t even want to sign.
Thomas is our best player by a country mile. Man is the only player we have who would start for any of the other top clubs.

Batman

Mods, please. We need drug testing before people post. This is getting out of hand.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Mods, please. We need drug testing before people post. This is getting out of hand.
Yeah idk man. White is one I wanted based on his season in the championship but he’s shown nothing at all so far. Idk how somebody calls him one of our best already unless they’re on shrooms.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom