• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I am not big fan of Ødegaard, I feel lineups dropping him for ESR to play central with the extra forward spot going to Pepe or Laca are our best lineups, he is good but a midfield of Partey/lokango/ESR is faster, more physical, and more dynamic

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's a bit of a worry that he's just put in three bad performances in a row. Against Villa he was trying things and he's clearly got the touch and skill to execute but nothing came off. I'm still hopeful that Ødegaard comes good ultimately for us, happy to give him some time to properly settle before judging.

tcahill

Not really worried with his poor performances yet, everyone in our midfield looks better with a double pivot. Ødegaard, ESR and Partey all don't work in the City -esque midfield three we've been trying.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can’t you people just enjoy a win without dragging another player down?
james franco GIF

Barry

Not really worried with his poor performances yet, everyone in our midfield looks better with a double pivot. Ødegaard, ESR and Partey all don't work in the City -esque midfield three we've been trying.

Agreed, it's annoying because it looks so good on paper but we've generally looked a lot better in a 4-2-3-1. Feel like that will be even more the case when Xhaka is back or Lokonga gets up to speed with the league so long as the rest of the team can stay fit.

sdotzdot

Established Member
AMs next scapegoat? Except he actually has bags of talent and can control a ball so I wouldn’t hedge your bets against him too quickly.

He will come good over the next few seasons.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
AMs next scapegoat? Except he actually has bags of talent and can control a ball so I wouldn’t hedge your bets against him too quickly.

I never wanted him, even his loan last season was uninspired. Also there’s no room for him in this team we’re sh*t when we play a number 10.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think when he came on we limited the Leicester danger but it really bothers me that he act clueless with ball at time he just try to be clever with passing for no reason just keep it simple man.

Barry

Had another so-so cameo although to be fair he put it on a plate twice for an out of form Saka who sky-ed it over both times. He's underperforming his talent at the moment and has rightly lost his place to Laca who dominated for a period. Way to early to judge this one though like you said. Think he will be especially useful in the matches where we control possession and teams sit back against us. He needs to work on the basics though - last season he rarely gave the ball away and that should be a starting point imo.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He was pretty good when he came on, and although i'm a big fan of his, he shouldn't be getting in ahead of Lacazette on current form. I think the biggest difference between the two is Lacazette plays at a slightly quicker tempo, takes minimal touches, releases the ball quicker. Ødegaard will still have a lot to offer throughout the season, though, Lacazette is just playing very well at the moment.

Top Bottom