• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Will end up at Real Sociedad by january at this rate. Don't think he's had one good performance this season

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I am trying not to criticise him but I need to get this off my chest. Not to play psychologist but I do think Ødegaard’s problem is down to his personality. He is not a risk-taker, everything about him is quite conservative when it comes to his play. Stylistically he’s an analogue for Cesc/Özil but in reality he’s more of an Iwobi. He’s much more of a facilitator than creator. I wanted us to sign a creative LW and really make ESR work as a 10 because I saw some “devil” in ESR. There’s no devil in Ødegaard.

mirrorstares

I am trying not to criticise him but I need to get this off my chest. Not to play psychologist but I do think Ødegaard’s problem is down to his personality. He is not a risk-taker, everything about him is quite conservative when it comes to his play. Stylistically he’s an analogue for Cesc/Özil but in reality he’s more of an Iwobi. He’s much more of a facilitator than creator. I wanted us to sign a creative LW and really make ESR work as a 10 because I saw some “devil” in ESR. There’s no devil in Ødegaard.

Isn't he a leader with Norway NT?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Too many touches IMO. Wasn't terribly impressive, considering this was his chance to stake a claim for a start. Laca definitely starts the next game on the basis of this performance.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t great it has to be said, although we were playing against a deep block and had a statue up front so opportunities to make something happen are few and far between. The wide players don’t really have the movement for him to do anything either. Martinelli was making some runs when he came on that would help. You need those Walcott type runs coming from wide into a central position.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Poor he need to wake the hell up he have very big talent he good with both his feets his movement around pitch is very good he help us dominate the midfield but creativity wise he been poor passing is most time off.

I'm very patient with him because he still too young

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
its the weakest starting position on the pitch now & they showed in the summer very happy to find external solutions even if harsh

you got the name that no one whats to mention available at just 10m 🤐 & the Colombian Neymar on the bench at River Plate 🐐

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I'd have to disagree, if only because you're clearly a scorned Özil fanboy who think the nasty Norwegian has taken his place at Arsenal :bye:
:lol: But I like Øde and wanted him over the rest of 10s we were linked with in the summer?
I'm more disappointed that he looks like half the player of finished Ö tbh.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Arteta is not one to be chopping and changing and while Ødegaard didn't stand out today in the end he's a player with qualities and calm to receive and give continuity to attacks and possession that we really don't have in our team, ESR is much more direct and much more 'heavy metal'. He's needed in our team if we want to play a possession style, and I'm sure he'll be picked in our next match.

This forum has got it wrong on Ødegaard and is quite hyperbolic at the moment.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Arteta is not one to be chopping and changing and while Ødegaard didn't stand out today in the end he's a player with qualities and calm to receive and give continuity to attacks and possession that we really don't have in our team, ESR is much more direct and much more 'heavy metal'. He's needed in our team if we want to play a possession style, and I'm sure he'll be picked in our next match.

This forum has got it wrong on Ødegaard and is quite hyperbolic at the moment.
Play water carriers in water carrier positions, he’s supposed to be our 10. We got more penetration from Lakonga. He lost the ball at most opportunities in the first half.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Play water carriers in water carrier positions, he’s supposed to be our 10. We got more penetration from Lakonga. He lost the ball at most opportunities in the first half.
Sure, but we don't have any midfielder who is very calm and composed in possession. If we had a Kroos or Thiago type sure, I'd take your point and Ødegaard as a 10 would be dispensable.

Anyways, you guys are overestimating the impact a 10 should have according to our actual attacking output, or what Ødegaard needs to do to be useful for the team given our current status...Bernardo isn't lighting it up attacking output wise at City as a 10 but is still having a very good season, and of course their attacking output is exponentially more than ours.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is Ødegaard even that talented of a player? I am not sure he is any more calm and composed in possession than Alex Song. And even if he is I think it is pointless to talk about what he provides in possession when his touch is so poor and his ability to receive the ball is so limited.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Sure, but we don't have any midfielder who is very calm and composed in possession. If we had a Kroos or Thiago type sure, I'd take your point and Ødegaard as a 10 would be dispensable.

Anyways, you guys are overestimating the impact a 10 should have according to our actual attacking output, or what Ødegaard needs to do to be useful for the team given our current status...Bernardo isn't lighting it up attacking output wise at City as a 10 but is still having a very good season, and of course their attacking output is exponentially more than ours.
We just bought the player, he’s supposed to be the solution to the 10 problem, not a necessary evil. Besides the team have been winning with Laca in the position so he is dispensable even amongst weak competition.

If you play a proper 10 that sits in the spaces in front of the midfield they have to contribute real incision otherwise it’s a waste of the most valuable spaces on the pitch. The Bernardo comparison makes little sense to me.

Top Bottom